Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    ute

Cersei's coronation armor was badass. That matrix thing with the metal shoulders.

Right before Arya killed Frey, was that the chick from Downton abbey?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by anarchy
    the score! I normally don't pay much attention to the music but that opening scene for the trial, the music was incredible.
    I actually didn't like the music, simply because I found it very out-of-place for the show in general and what was happening in the specific episode.

You are right though, it was a very nice track.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Amazing storytelling and that King's Landing score was brilliant!
    By far the two best consecutive episodes on TV by the same director. This guy is gonna go places.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Dany alluded to marrying for power, I'm guessing it will be Jon
    Wife and I disagree on this. Jon is her nephew. Wife says that's not a problem because Targeryans would wed close family prior to this, I say it would make the entire thing too awkward for television.

I don't know who Dany could marry though. Maybe Jorah comes back with a flaming dick.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

More like sir stonedick lol

Originally posted by Mibz
    Wife and I disagree on this. Jon is her nephew. Wife says that's not a problem because Targeryans would wed close family prior to this, I say it would make the entire thing too awkward for television.

I don't know who Dany could marry though. Maybe Jorah comes back with a flaming dick.
    I can't see it being anyone other than Jon. What other men out there offer anything to her anymore? It's all ruled by women now. She has Highgarden, she has Dorne, she has the Iron Fleet (maybe Euron has something to offer???). Only Jon has anything of value to offer her. But regardless, who sits on the throne doesn't matter. It'll shift towards the walkers soon anyways.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by Mibz

Nothing is too awkward on HBO, let alone GoT. Jamie and Cersei have a way more awkward relationship onscreen, so does Walder Frey and his 7 or 8 wives and Craster and his daughter-wives for example. Having Jon marry Dany isn't all that bad considering incestuous relationships are rampant in ASOIAF universe.

Dany wants to marry for policital power. Jorah is a nobody at this point. Even if he cures his greyscale, he's done. His house is also too small and is run by a 10 year old and 62 men, probably less now after Battle of the Bastards. She doesn't gain anything by marrying him.

I'm sure it's Jon. There's really no big players left for her to Marry. She already has the major houses and armies in her pocket. She just needs the North's support. Euron is out of the question, I think. He just wants to kill everyone for the throne that Dany is after.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 06-27-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

All your examples of fucky relationships define those characters, and that's exactly what I'm saying. If they marry then they stop being the King of the North and the Mother of Dragons and they're just two family members who fuck. Doesn't work for two of the main characters of the show. It shifts their entire character away from what matters, to the fact that they're fucking family.

I'm more inclined to think she doesn't marry at all, or marries somebody temporarily and then kills them or some shit. I really don't think she marries Jon.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I dont think she marries anyone...that was a ruse to keep Dario in Mereen. Jon will ally without issue due to the fact that Dragons>Walkers

My Ride

What about Littlefinger? He said that all he wants is the iron throne in his little speech, and he can only get turned down by Sansa so many times...

My Ride
    '14 Taco

ya maybe. curious to see how the Littlefinger/Varys connection will be now

Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler
    What about Littlefinger? He said that all he wants is the iron throne in his little speech, and he can only get turned down by Sansa so many times...
    I feel like Tyrion and/or Varys would prevent that. Unless he has something to offer, in which case we go back to the "fuck, marry, kill" sequence of events.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Not really sure whats going to happen there with Jon and Daenerys..

Jon starts fighting the white walkers, Dragons attack kings landing... then Daenerys hears about the white walkers and saves the day?

What a crazy episode.

-Bran and Sam will play a key role next season I think. Bran can see the past and future and somehow he will talk to Jon.

-Sam will probably learn how to make wild fire or Valerian steel in the library.

-What's Jamie going to do? Go on Cercesi's side or Tyrion's?

-I wouldn't be surprised if Littlefinger betrays Jon and Sansa.

-Arya kills Jamie? She definitely stared at him.

Sam's a wildcard for me, yeah. It could be something lame like "Oh no the white walkers are beating us, this sucks. Wait, look, Sam is coming over the hill with something we've never seen before that completely turns the tide! Fat pride!"

My Ride
    Forester STI

I for one am thankful Cersei's little ploy neatly dealt with a pile of otherwise un-interesting and rambling little side stories. We finally get Jon away from the damned wall and Daenerys off the islands; time to get some action happening right lads?

Good to see Arya doing something finally; lucky they have that jetpack salesman in Braavos or she might not have made it to House Frey in time to bake that pie.
    The Lazymans Signature (tm)

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I bet it will be one entire season more until Daenerys' group even get first glimpse of a white walker, lol.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I bet it will be one entire season more until Daenerys' group even get first glimpse of a white walker, lol.
    I don't think the show runners will have ample time for Daenerys group to waste time and stretch out the season. Season 6 wrapped up very quickly setting the stage for the final episodes for the series which explains all the deaths, HUGE time skips and sudden changes in positions of power.

The series in total will be around 70-75 hours according to show runners. Which will probably be 10-15 episodes in total for season 7 and 8. So shorter seasons mean no time to drag stories on.

Source
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 06-29-2016 at 05:25 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    ute

Isn't 7 supposed to be short?

7 episodes and 6 episodes for the last two seasons unless they've announced otherwise.

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast