Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Garage finishing contractor

Author
Thread
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 99%

Garage finishing contractor quote:

Hey beyond,

Didn't turn up much of a search so I'll ask here. I'm looking for a contractor to finish and design my attached garage. It's mostly drywalled already, but needs some more lighting, roof insulation, mud/tape, a little drywall work.

The concrete floor needs to be addressed too, perhaps injected with foam underneath.

Lastly, the design/functionality has to make sense and I'd like someone with previous jobs I can see pictures of and whatnot.

Let me know if you guys have anything.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-18-2017 10:01 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

One of my clients is Kyle @ Raintree Contracting. Maybe he can help you

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Old Post 03-18-2017 10:21 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by A790

Thanks. I'll contact them. Cheers.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 03-18-2017 10:37 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

SpikerS?

Old Post 03-19-2017 02:37 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
SpikerS?

I'm sure he's good at some jobs, I'm not sure he's what I'm looking for. I need design also, plus I'd like this done in a weeks time, not every weekend for a month kind of thing.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 03-19-2017 03:43 AM
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (78)

quote:

Are you really doing this up? Or just going to use HomeDepot/Lowes/CT/Garage Shack type of shelves, a couple of slotted sheets? I just worked with a designer on a property that'll do 3D rendering of stuff.

Edit: "doing this up" as in, are you adding radiant heat, heat/gas line, man cave bar, waterlines/hose bibs, sub panel, lifts, etc.. (just wondering why not design yourself and just have contractors fix the drywall, paint, concrete fixers)

Last edited by TomcoPDR on 03-19-2017 at 04:53 AM

Old Post 03-19-2017 04:48 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

SpikerS?

This one would be beyond my abilities. With the amount of electrical and foam injection, I either can't touch it by law (electrical) or I just plain don't know how (foam injection). As well, as Darkane said, to have it done in a week, would be pushing it for me.

But thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate it.

Besides, I am going to be taking some time for myself and try to relax. I have been going pretty solid between my regular job and all the extra handyman jobs, I am starting to feel myself burn out.

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 03-19-2017 04:52 AM
spikerS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Are you really doing this up? Or just going to use HomeDepot/Lowes/CT/Garage Shack type of shelves, a couple of slotted sheets? I just worked with a designer on a property that'll do 3D rendering of stuff.

Edit: "doing this up" as in, are you adding radiant heat, heat/gas line, man cave bar, waterlines/hose bibs, sub panel, lifts, etc.. (just wondering why not design yourself and just have contractors fix the drywall, paint, concrete fixers)

No, not all out. Maybe the design portion is a little exaggerated, more of a functionality.

Anyway I'm curious to see what the pros can do with it.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 03-19-2017 05:00 AM
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (78)

quote:

Originally posted by Darkane

No, not all out. Maybe the design portion is a little exaggerated, more of a functionality.

Anyway I'm curious to see what the pros can do with it.

In that case (and disclaimer: you're getting OPINIONS from random internet peeps here)... trying to save you $$$, why not just hire the tasks out yourself:

- concrete guys to fix floor
- drywall/insulation guys are mostly the same guys (i.e. reference, when I did my triple detached, I asked a couple of drywallers: they either do insulation themselves or have side pros they work with as 1 quote)
- paint yourself or hire out
- meanwhile just design what you want to do in your garage and check out specific lighting accordingly. (for me, I hate fluorscents and too bright of LED even if on dimmer, so I did 16 incandescent 40w)

Old Post 03-19-2017 05:17 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

What I drive: Ford, Acura, Harley
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)

quote:

Toy Box Garages built my garage and I could have had them finish it all too if I wanted. I liked them.

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Old Post 03-19-2017 05:08 PM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frozenrice
SpamMaster

What I drive: 90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1
Posts/Day: 0.54
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Give Specialized Garage a call.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Old Post 03-19-2017 06:39 PM
frozenrice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for frozenrice Click here to Send frozenrice a Private Message Find more posts by frozenrice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Tom I appreciate what you're saying, thank you.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 03-19-2017 11:21 PM
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by A790

Never called me, didn't contact me in anyway after we agreed to meet some weeks ago. I never called him back.

He must be too busy perhaps. Times are good.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 05-14-2017 08:42 PM
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by frozenrice
Give Specialized Garage a call.

Had Tanner show up (late) he took dimensions had a couple samples of finishes. He looked at my pad and said it needed work to lift and would send his floor guy.

He also said he have a quote for me 4 days after he visited with a plan.

No one came for the floor, no followup email or call. I never saw what he had planned for my garage.

Times must be good if he doesn't need my job.

Yes I'm irritated.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 05-14-2017 08:46 PM
The time now is 06:05 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Garage finishing contractor

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: