Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Good hair salon in Calgary

Author
Thread
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by Typical_Chinese
BECAUSE I'M CHEAP

MM HMMM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:07 PM
03ozwhip is online now Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

bh87

What I drive: 2014 J150 1UR-FE
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Go see Rosy at Evolution Hair Studio (+15 in Gulf Canada Square), they specialize in Asian hair (all of my wife's family and friends go to her). Not sure what the price for men is as I cut my own twice a week with electric clippers.

Evolution Hair Studio

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:08 PM
bh87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bh87 Click here to Send bh87 a Private Message Find more posts by bh87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Neutral

What I drive: 09 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

5 star barber in Country Hills Ask for Brydon. He's usually got a person lined up for him while the other barbers are sitting around doing nothing.

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:44 AM
VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN Click here to Send VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN a Private Message Find more posts by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prelude_dude
Neutral

What I drive: 2009 Acura TSX tech
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Check out Sonam at True Gents Barbershop @ 2505 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T3C 1J7

FYI they don't have a sink to wash your hair, so don't go in with your hair all Gunked up.

Sonam can do both the new style fades and the fobby hair cuts. Recently he rocked the Korean Bowl Cut that is all the rage in Asia.

Old Post 05-16-2017 12:26 AM
Prelude_dude is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prelude_dude Click here to Send Prelude_dude a Private Message Find more posts by Prelude_dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair

Barbers are for guys that all want the same generic men's haircut (or a good shave). I've been to a number of them over the years, and while the experience is miles better than a salon, the haircuts aren't.

I'd much rather hang out with the queers and pretty boys at the salon and have a haircut that I like.

Shit, I haven't seen you in the closet.

Old Post 05-16-2017 01:53 AM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by bh87
I cut my own twice a week with electric clippers.

Twice a week?

I thought Hank Hill was being excessive at twice a month

Old Post 05-16-2017 04:52 PM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Typical_Chinese

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08

quote:

Originally posted by max_boost
Cheryl at Xpressions on Center Street a few doors down from Sweet Tooth Chinatown. Been going to here for almost a decade now. $20 for cut/wash+ tip. If it's Ying washing the hair she does a great job with a little scalp massage at the same time.

Ended up going here, there's something calming about cantopop playing in the back while the lady, I assume Cheryl, gossips. Great cut too and the hair wash was great too!

Thanks everyone, I might still try out a barber next time though just to see what it's like haha!

Old Post 05-16-2017 09:53 PM
Typical_Chinese is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Typical_Chinese Click here to Send Typical_Chinese a Private Message Find more posts by Typical_Chinese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

^^^

awesome haha

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:20 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by speedog

Shit, I haven't seen you in the closet.

I hear it's pretty dark in there

Old Post 05-16-2017 10:23 PM
BavarianBeast is online now Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

No gay man = no sale.

Old Post 05-17-2017 12:27 AM
suntan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lilmira
Second Gear

What I drive: The SHBARUS
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

There is nothing wrong to be a ridiculously good looking merman.

Old Post 05-17-2017 02:31 PM
lilmira is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lilmira Click here to Send lilmira a Private Message Find more posts by lilmira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bh87

What I drive: 2014 J150 1UR-FE
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968

Twice a week?

I thought Hank Hill was being excessive at twice a month

Haha that was one of my favorite shows back in the day!

I cut my hair twice a week as it is practically shaved (I dont use a guard on the electric clippers so its as short as possible). My hair started thinning on top a couple years ago and I thought it would be better to just keep it short so that when I go fully bald its an easier transition.

Old Post 05-17-2017 07:00 PM
bh87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bh87 Click here to Send bh87 a Private Message Find more posts by bh87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Not excessive at all..depends on your hair style. I usually do every 2 weeks - 3 weeks at the most.

Old Post 05-17-2017 07:10 PM
Hallowed_point is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Man I haven't had a hair cut since last fall. I hate hair cuts. It's probably irrational but I hate everything about them. Ha ha ha. When I do get a hair cut I feel that salons are hit and miss. My last hair cut at Influence Salon (Asian guy) cost me $80 and it was worse than some hair cuts I used to get from First Choice.

Last edited by heavyD on 05-18-2017 at 07:32 PM

Old Post 05-18-2017 07:27 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_patm
Neutral

What I drive: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
5 star barber in Country Hills Ask for Brydon. He's usually got a person lined up for him while the other barbers are sitting around doing nothing.

I love it there.

Young barbers that are up on current trends and will give you suggestions and stuff too. As a guy in his late 20's who has a shit hairline, being able to go to a barber and talk to him about options and what not is great. You won't get that usually from Angles or whatever.

I haven't been happy with a haircut since I was 22. I even started shaving my head to just not have to deal with it but realized I was wasting precious years of actually having enough hair where I can do something with it so I stopped but remained unhappy anytime I got it cut. It wasn't until I went to Five Star that I actually left a hair cut happy and feeling like it looked better than it did when I went in.

Old Post 05-18-2017 09:53 PM
dj_patm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_patm Click here to Send dj_patm a Private Message Find more posts by dj_patm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24

quote:

Gallery T in Ranchlands. Koreans run it.

Old Post 05-19-2017 01:49 AM
suntan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R!zz0
First Gear

What I drive: A Slow Car
Posts/Day: 0.17

quote:

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Hair Stylists/Salons are for queers and pretty boys.

I went to a barber and said "i need a haircut" He said, "where?"

I changed my barber now, i go to the one in Evanston.

1998 Camry CE V6 SOLD
1995 Z28 LT1 M6 Modded (Torque Monster) SOLD
1994 Camry LE 2.2L (Written Off)
1991 Nissan Maxima SOLD
1990 Honda Civic DX HB SOLD
1982 Datsun 280ZX SOLD

Old Post 05-21-2017 09:29 PM
R!zz0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R!zz0 Click here to Send R!zz0 a Private Message Find more posts by R!zz0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 07:58 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Good hair salon in Calgary

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: