Quantcast
Good hair salon in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Good hair salon in Calgary

Default Good hair salon in Calgary

Hello everyone, was hoping to get a suggestion for a good hair salon in Calgary, preferably in the NW, or C-train accessible, and good with Asian hairstyles.

I used to go to the one inside Dragon City mall, but the lady there moved to the Marlborough TnT a year or two ago, and since then I've just been getting my hair cut at random places around town.

I've heard good things about Hair City and Artistic Look in Chinatown, as well as Karma Hair Salon in Brentwood.

Thanks everyone!

My Ride
    Blue boy

Diva hair - Sunridge Mall

My Ride
    G37X

Be a man and go to a barber.

37th Street Barber Shop
    Calgary, AB
    (403) 719-0208
    Open until 6:30 PM

Ah, never really thought about the chain stores like Diva/Angles, etc. but they have good reviews on Google!

And what exactly is the difference between a barber and a hair stylist? I was checking out Best of Seven or something like that in Bow Valley Square, apparently a lot of people like them and their prices are cheaper than a hairstylist.

My Ride
    G37X

A good barber can still cut medium length hair. They don't just do buzzcuts unless you make the mistake of visiting a great clips. How long is your hair would be my first question. I mean, if you've got really long hair a hair stylist is where to go. I personally prefer the atmosphere of a good barber. Hairstylists (from my experience) really struggle with clipper cuts such as fades. I mean, they will do it but it won't look nearly as crisp as good barber who will straight razor around your neckline and so forth.

Any recommendations of a dude with long hair? I was going to stop by tommygun but wondering if I should go elsewhere

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by Typical_Chinese
    Ah, never really thought about the chain stores like Diva/Angles, etc. but they have good reviews on Google!

And what exactly is the difference between a barber and a hair stylist? I was checking out Best of Seven or something like that in Bow Valley Square, apparently a lot of people like them and their prices are cheaper than a hairstylist.
    Hair Stylists/Salons are for queers and pretty boys.

Barbers are for men..

Is that still PC?

With that said, give Moe a shout at Avenue Barbers. Great place to go for a cut.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Barbers are for men..

Is that still PC?

With that said, give Moe a shout at Avenue Barbers. Great place to go for a cut.
    Well, a queer I am not and I am also no where near being a pretty boy and yet I have used salons for over 40 years.

I dunno, maybe I have been in the closet all along.

My Ride
    NC1

Cheryl at Xpressions on Center Street a few doors down from Sweet Tooth Chinatown. Been going to here for almost a decade now. $20 for cut/wash+ tip. If it's Ying washing the hair she does a great job with a little scalp massage at the same time.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Velvet Style by Dairy Lane

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Barbers are for men..

Is that still PC?

Barbers are for guys that all want the same generic men's haircut (or a good shave). I've been to a number of them over the years, and while the experience is miles better than a salon, the haircuts aren't.

I'd much rather hang out with the queers and pretty boys at the salon and have a haircut that I like.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Everyone on this thread calling out or defending their hair stylists must post a picture of their hair so we can see if you should be talking haha

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

This is almost as funny as the beard thread.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    changes every year

I love making fun of my buddies for their choice in hair styles, it's just a thing guys do. the same with where they go for their haircuts, it's all in fun.

I personally go where I get a good haircut, where I live, it just so happens to be a barber.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I recommend Julie @ Hedkandi downtown. They're a great salon that puts a lot of pride into what they do.

Last edited by know1edge; 08-16-2018 at 09:48 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by know1edge

Salons = longer hair, things like layers and perms and shit.

Barbers = short hair

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    I love making fun of my buddies for their choice in hair styles, it's just a thing guys do. the same with where they go for their haircuts, it's all in fun.

I personally go where I get a good haircut, where I live, it just so happens to be a barber.
    It is all in fun.

I went to Logix Salon before Moe left and opened up his own place. I guess that makes me either queer or a pretty boy.

My Ride
    G37X

What kind of haircut do you want OP? Because the answer totally depends on what you're going for. I'll say this much, Lebanese barbers are probably your best bet in this city. From my experience, they take a lot of pride in the cut and you look fresh afterwards. If you're after a scissor/layering haircut = salon. If you want a clipper cut/fade = barber.

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you so much everyone for your recommendations.

My hair right now is pretty hideous, I have that ugly mushroom/Chinaman's hat if I don't style it, and my sideburns and the back are decently long but it seems like my top/front hasn't grown much, so it's a bit hard to do a combover or gel it back, so I end up just wearing a hat.

The cuts I usually get look pretty nice on me for the first month, but because I'm cheap I go 2-3 months without getting a cut and it starts to go downhill from there.

I agree with your point of Lebanese barbers, they give a very clean cut and the one I go to takes pictures of everyone for their shop's instagram afterwards. Currently I wouldn't mind going back at all, but I would like a bit longer of a hairstyle, one of those typical Korean combover styles haha! Looking to maybe find a picture or two on Google Images and show them it, and then have them tell me if it'll work for my head-shape, if so how I would blowdry it/style it, and if not what they would recommend, which is sort of why I thought a salon was more appropriate!

Thank you everyone for their recommendations, will probably call some of them up and just see who has a free slot at a time I don't have to work!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast