Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Has your office/company laid people off or is it picking up? PART 7 (Redesigned Poll)

What is your/the current employment status
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I was laid off and haven't found work yet 19 12.26%
I was laid off and found new employment in the same industry 11 7.10%
I was laid off and found new employment in a different industry 12 7.74%
I survived the downturn with the same company 90 58.06%
I quit my job and went elsewhere (expand in comments) 8 5.16%
It's not over. We're all fucked, me included! 11 7.10%
other 4 2.58%
Total: 155 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
Thread
XylathaneGTR
First Gear

What I drive: got knocked the fuck out
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

Depends on the company, antics like that may actually go far.

100%. You gotta know your environment, but being able to speak up and be outspoken, as well as throw a bit of humor into it and speak to these people as if they were actually people will go far.

Originally posted by scat19
I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:14 PM
XylathaneGTR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for XylathaneGTR Click here to Send XylathaneGTR a Private Message Find more posts by XylathaneGTR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Not even sure if there is a Calgary office, but just wanted to post a non O&G job cut; 1500 across Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gre...yoffs-1.4084179

Old Post 04-25-2017 02:47 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Yes (to senior management) and no (to being high). Guess the place I work with has a bit of a better environment than yours?

I doubt it. I just wouldnt waste my executives time with a 'slip trip fall' safety moment. Unless you are working as a gardener process safety is much more important than personal safety. But good on you for trying to brown nose with a useless story, i bet you are pegged for the next promotion now!

PS: why did you edit your post? I quoted it so everyone can see your original ingenious story

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:01 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

What I drive: Ford, Acura, Harley
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

We just hired (re-hired) someone we let go back in early 2016 in my group.

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Old Post 04-26-2017 08:43 PM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by riander5

I doubt it. I just wouldnt waste my executives time with a 'slip trip fall' safety moment. Unless you are working as a gardener process safety is much more important than personal safety. But good on you for trying to brown nose with a useless story, i bet you are pegged for the next promotion now!

PS: why did you edit your post? I quoted it so everyone can see your original ingenious story

Do you think executives are gods or something? They're normal people like we are. I've been in countless meetings with VPs, and depending on the meeting, that stupid cat story would work just fine for a safety moment. Most of us work in offices.. when you have 5-6 meetings a day, sometimes you have to get creative with safety moments

edit: Add another thing to the list of things that I appreciate about moving into an industry that doesn't necessarily require a safety moment for every meeting.

Last edited by cjblair on 04-26-2017 at 09:05 PM

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:03 PM
cjblair is online now Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lasimmon
Neutral

What I drive: 2 feet and a heartbeat
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair

Do you think executives are gods or something? They're normal people like we are. I've been in countless meetings with VPs, and depending on the meeting, that stupid cat story would work just fine for a safety moment. Most of us work in offices.. when you have 5-6 meetings a day, sometimes you have to get creative with safety moments

edit: Add another thing to the list of things that I appreciate about moving into an industry that doesn't necessarily require a safety moment for every meeting.

Ha. My company based in Houston has town hall meetings via skype regularly. Well we also do the safety moments to start our meetings.

One of our recent ones, hosted by the CEO, did the safety moment. Guess what he used?

The cat story.

Anyone who comments on that being inappropriate is so full of themselves its hilarious.

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:15 PM
lasimmon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair

With smaller meetings we all look at each other, then the door.... then agree to not do it, but say we did. haha

Although I do enjoy meeting that start like this:

Meeting Guy "OK, let's get down to business..."

Some Guy "What about the safety moment"

Meeting Guy "Oh right... Well, I think that is a fine idea... please give us a safety moment Random Guy"

Random Guy: "Ummm uhhhh... so.... I fell off a ladder once"

Meeting Guy "And we can all agree that next time you need to be more careful.... so, back to the meeting"

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:25 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:53 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Has your office/company laid people off or is it picking up? PART 7 (Redesigned Poll)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: