Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Has your office/company laid people off or is it picking up? PART 7 (Redesigned Poll)

What is your/the current employment status
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I was laid off and haven't found work yet 14 10.14%
I was laid off and found new employment in the same industry 10 7.25%
I was laid off and found new employment in a different industry 11 7.97%
I survived the downturn with the same company 81 58.70%
I quit my job and went elsewhere (expand in comments) 8 5.80%
It's not over. We're all fucked, me included! 10 7.25%
other 4 2.90%
Total: 138 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
Thread
Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB
Finally got cut.

Sorry to hear that? Producer? EPC? Elsewhere?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-2017 02:57 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Feruk

Sorry to hear that? Producer? EPC? Elsewhere?

EPC, company name starts with J

Old Post 03-23-2017 03:00 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: ///M235i
Posts/Day: 1.10

quote:

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately I have heard good ripples on the street about jobs. Hopefully you will find something sooner than you think.

* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 03-23-2017 03:08 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by suntan
Do you know people at Shell, or is this all hearsay? I know people at all three, Suncor was a country club for a very long time. CNRL's reputation as a sweatshop was known since Edwards took over.

I spend almost a decade at Shell, pre and post Dutch takeover and know many in Suncor including relatives. Now the PetroCan side of Suncor could be a county club, but Suncor never was and is as aggressive as ever come to staffing.

Old Post 03-23-2017 04:09 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

EPC, company name starts with J

Sorry to hear, playboy.

QP will miss you.

Old Post 03-23-2017 04:37 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R154
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.26
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Finally got cut.

I'm sorry to hear this, man.

I hope things work out for you.

Originally posted by ZenOps
I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Old Post 03-23-2017 04:41 PM
R154 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R154 Click here to Send R154 a Private Message Find more posts by R154 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Thanks guys, not too worried. Writing has been on the wall for a while and I've been looking already.

Old Post 03-23-2017 04:49 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.33
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Finally got cut.

Damn, sorry to hear that Fraser. Hope you find something soon.

Old Post 03-25-2017 01:08 AM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

http://www.slb.com/news/press_relea...nt_venture.aspx

This is an interesting one..

"Schlumberger and Weatherford to Form OneStim Joint Venture"

Old Post 03-28-2017 04:44 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marsh
Neutral

What I drive: 535i Xdrive
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Any of you guys that have been cut lately, finding any traction in the market?
Its been a few weeks for me, haven't had much luck

Old Post 03-28-2017 06:22 PM
Marsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marsh Click here to Send Marsh a Private Message Find more posts by Marsh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dandia89
Neutral

What I drive: TL
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by Marsh
Any of you guys that have been cut lately, finding any traction in the market?
Its been a few weeks for me, haven't had much luck

3 months looking no interviews. i'm putting a ton of time in. it's tough

Old Post 03-28-2017 06:45 PM
dandia89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dandia89 Click here to Send dandia89 a Private Message Find more posts by dandia89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Originally posted by mzdspd
http://www.slb.com/news/press_relea...nt_venture.aspx

This is an interesting one..

"Schlumberger and Weatherford to Form OneStim Joint Venture"

Splitting from mothership will reduce red tape and cost. Having a partner to join you is icing on the cake.

Old Post 03-28-2017 07:00 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marsh
Neutral

What I drive: 535i Xdrive
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Originally posted by dandia89

Sorry to hear man. It is tough out there, I'm finding as well.

Old Post 03-28-2017 10:57 PM
Marsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marsh Click here to Send Marsh a Private Message Find more posts by Marsh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: '16 Longhorn / '04 Z06 / MT-01
Posts/Day: 0.13
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by dandia89

Been there. It's a tough market. Make sure to expand your search outside of O&G. Network, lean on connections, make sure your LinkedIn is on point. Hit up recruiters, build some relationships, buy some coffees. Make sure they think of you first when a client is looking for someone.

Originally posted by heavyfuel
like fuck if I ever want a toy that has an engine. Bikes, sleds, quads, no fuckin way. I much prefer to get on a mountain bike and earn it like a man. Real toys don't have engines. "Motor" and "sport" should never be associated with each other if you ask me.

Old Post 03-29-2017 01:19 AM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adam c
Second Gear

What I drive: has a turbo
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Maybe take a look at your resume? I was sending out a lot of applications and not so much as a response, I reached out for some resume critiquing and made some changes. Submitted some applications and the next day had 4 responses

Old Post 03-29-2017 01:34 AM
adam c is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adam c Click here to Send adam c a Private Message Find more posts by adam c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by carson blocks

Been there. It's a tough market. Make sure to expand your search outside of O&G. Network, lean on connections, make sure your LinkedIn is on point. Hit up recruiters, build some relationships, buy some coffees. Make sure they think of you first when a client is looking for someone.

Originally posted by adam c
Maybe take a look at your resume? I was sending out a lot of applications and not so much as a response, I reached out for some resume critiquing and made some changes. Submitted some applications and the next day had 4 responses

Both of these things.

I was only out of work for a few weeks, but credit to finding a job is in no small part due to the network I built over previous years. It was from someone who reached out to me unsolicited, and I wasn't even sure if I should contact him or not - just get in touch with everyone you know, no matter how small you think the chances are that it will work.

Old Post 03-29-2017 04:57 AM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 10:05 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Has your office/company laid people off or is it picking up? PART 7 (Redesigned Poll)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: