Quantcast
Help me understand this CarProof. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Help me understand this CarProof.

My Ride
    WK2

Default Help me understand this CarProof.

Just looking to get some help from beyond. I'm not sure how to interpret the lease / registration renewal in this carproof.

https://reports.carproof.com/main?id...eVRB3Igii52ZVf

Is this a vehicle that was just rotated through? or a bunch of new owners - Lease changed every couple of months? Is that normal for leases?

My Ride
    ute

That's really weird. I've never seen that.

Kinda looks like a rental that was traded amongst a bunch of branches in a short time.

If they work that way...
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    is broken

The SiriusXM thing is kinda funny Like what possible information could you get from that?

That is a really weird carproof. Get a good inspection and go from there.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

Maybe a lemon they keep trying to pass around
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    WK2

is right!

Would there not be 'Vehicle Serviced' information if it were a lease? I've never leased before, but I assume you usually take it back to the dealership to have service done. Service appears in other Carproofs - why not this one?

It could have gone through lease transfers amongst different people. I would get a inspection done or just pass on it.

Looks like a lease car or a fleet car of some sort. Maybe a company car? I don't understand the random renewals though unless it went from branch to branch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    WK2

Best explanation so far from a registry agent - if it was a company vehicle and was assigned to an employee, if the vehicle assignment changed within the company, the registration would also be changed / renewed.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

did you also try calgaryfinde vehicle history search sometimes they archive reports as far back as 2002 so you can see. i believe its still free

The explanation you got, doesn't make sense. It doesn't work that way. Ie: if cenovus gives you a company vehicle to use, it stays in the name of cenovus but a registered address might apply so you receive your own tickets. A corporation *rarely* allows an individual employee to register the car. Leases would have to change, the corp wouldn't "own" the vehicle anymore etc etc.

The lease thing is normal if it's a leased vehicle. That didn't worry me. However, the multiple renewals over a year, does. Do you have a copy of the registration? Is it a private sale?

My initial thought is it's a cloned vehicle. But I'd need more info to give you a better assessment.

My Ride
    KTM

Originally posted by dannie
    The explanation you got, doesn't make sense. It doesn't work that way. Ie: if cenovus gives you a company vehicle to use, it stays in the name of cenovus but a registered address might apply so you receive your own tickets. A corporation *rarely* allows an individual employee to register the car. Leases would have to change, the corp wouldn't "own" the vehicle anymore etc etc.

The lease thing is normal if it's a leased vehicle. That didn't worry me. However, the multiple renewals over a year, does. Do you have a copy of the registration? Is it a private sale?

My initial thought is it's a cloned vehicle. But I'd need more info to give you a better assessment.
    Some companies do register at a division level rather than under the main corp. For example their could be a "Cenovus" "Cenovus Drilling" "Cenovus Exploration".Still seems super odd to have a vehicle move around that much from group to group.

Also pretty sure you would need a MVID for each corp. with mailing addresses so I cant see the ticket thing you mentioned happening.....

Just a thought, not a expert by any means haha
    Last edited by craigcd; 03-23-2017 at 11:00 PM.

^ I am

Cenovus (bad example as they don't swap), could do a branch to branch. But - that would not result in renewal. Additionally, their renewal month would stay the same and because they're commercially registered, they can't renew ultra early as the report is suggesting.

My Ride
    KTM

Originally posted by dannie
    ^ I am

Cenovus (bad example as they don't swap), could do a branch to branch. But - that would not result in renewal. Additionally, their renewal month would stay the same and because they're commercially registered, they can't renew ultra early as the report is suggesting.
    Haha, for some reason I thought you were the Beyond "registry" guy! I was in the fleet world for years so was basing it off that but its been ages

My Ride
    WK2

Thanks everyone. There were a few issues with the vehicle itself, but between the unexplainable carproof, the issues, and my overall gut feel from the dealership - I passed on it.