Quantcast
*HELP* Stolen in APPLEWOOD 2000 Acura 3.2TL BLACK - ZNV-320 -Super white HIDS - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *HELP* Stolen in APPLEWOOD 2000 Acura 3.2TL BLACK - ZNV-320 -Super white HIDS

UPDATE

The officer says there is no gear bag in the trunk, just my wifes skates. The rearview mirror is broken off. Im waiting for the car to arrive at the tow truck companys lot so i can pick it up.

- about the car starter. were gonna get an extra key fob, and make sure we lock it while its getting warmed up. i dont like the idea of cut/spliced wires for aftermarket car starters. thanks again beyond!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    Are you saying there ARE insurance companies that will reimburse for owner negligence?
    No there was nothing veiled within the question, I just didn't realize that. It seems stupid, just because you left the doors unlocked doesn't give someone license to steal! If you left the top off your jeep and went in for dinner would insurance cover someone ripping your deck out? Crazy!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

No there was nothing veiled within the question, I just didn't realize that. It seems stupid, just because you left the doors unlocked doesn't give someone license to steal! If you left the top off your jeep and went in for dinner would insurance cover someone ripping your deck out? Crazy!
    They may treat personal theft from a vehicle with unlocked doors (or removed top) different than keys in ignition, engine running, doors unlocked, complete car theft.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by max_boost

Call Joe at Auto Tech.

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They may treat personal theft from a vehicle with unlocked doors (or removed top) different than keys in ignition, engine running, doors unlocked, complete car theft.
    Where's MaskedBandit when we need him? lol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by JustinMCS

If it was not recovered, insurance wouldn't pay out because it was negligence. Definitely time for a remote car starter.
    Incorrect.

If the vehicle is taken without the owner's consent it is still theft. The claim is still valid. There may be a little more investigation to make sure there was no fraud but the overall it will still be covered. OP is fine.

To further expand on the OP's situation, there are actually two claims here. The vehicle itself and the contents of the vehicle (hockey bag). The contents of the vehicle fall under the home insurance. Contents of a vehicle ARE NOT covered by the auto policy. The deductible on the auto policy will be waived (theft of entire vehicle) but there is most likely at least a $500 deductible on the house policy. Factor in the increased premiums on the home policy from a claim and it probably ends up more expensive to run it through insurance. Shitty deal for the OP for sure

to thieves.
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 12-09-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    K-car

Originally posted by tech1
    wow, big thanks to corsvette for that one!

RCMP got back to me, they are still inspecting it. hopefully all my stuff is intact. thats awesome!

They must have ran it out of gas, it was parked at somebodys acreage entrance a few k's out of town, it made me slow down...dark coloured car with tint on the side of the road lol. It would have been a bit of a hike back (if the thief had to walk that is) to town. Glad it was still in one piece, too bad about the hockey bag tho...darn thieves

Cops sure had quite a few questions for me regarding how i knew the car was stolen.

Originally posted by corsvette

They must have ran it out of gas, it was parked at somebodys acreage entrance a few k's out of town, it made me slow down...dark coloured car with tint on the side of the road lol. It would have been a bit of a hike back (if the thief had to walk that is) to town. Glad it was still in one piece, too bad about the hockey bag tho...darn thieves

Cops sure had quite a few questions for me regarding how i knew the car was stolen.
    How many beyond.ca theft recoveries have we had already? the officer asked me if i posted it on the internet or something, and said he had a few questions for me regarding after. overall as stated in the "claw" incident, the police do not want public taking matters into their own hands, BUT i bet you RCMP or CPS wouldn't have found my car any sooner!

My Ride
    1998 5VZ-FE

Gotta love beyond!

custom title for corvette?

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I've personally seen 2 trucks covered even though the keys were left in the ignition. One tundra one Ford.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Wait until the insurance company questions the owner...

They will record the call, then how many spare keys to the car are there? Who has keys to the car? Do you keep a spare key in/on the car? Have you ever lost keys to the car? Who has access to the keys to the car? Who were you with when the car was stolen? Plus all the questions about the keys being in the car while it was stolen.

I can't remember all of the questions they asked when ours was stolen...

[url]

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Incorrect.

If the vehicle is taken without the owner's consent it is still theft. The claim is still valid. There may be a little more investigation to make sure there was no fraud but the overall it will still be covered. OP is fine.

Should double check your policy, I believe most policies have an exclusion clause which ensures they dont have to cover you in the circumstances where the keys are left in the vehicle.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I belief he works with insurance as a career...
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by msommers
    I belief he works with insurance as a career...
    Yea but leave it up to J-hop to question everything.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by J-hop

Should double check your policy, I believe most policies have an exclusion clause which ensures they dont have to cover you in the circumstances where the keys are left in the vehicle.
    Ya, you're probably right. What the hell would I know, I only own a brokerage. Just for kicks I confirmed with two adjusters from different companies before I posted, but you're probably right. Sorry about that.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Lol I wonder what the hell he has been selling me then....

Jeez it is even in his signature. That was good for a laugh. Thanks J-Hop
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Whoops haha, I'm pretty sure though thatsome companies don't cover what is termed "opportunistic theft".

Originally posted by max_boost
    Yea but leave it up to J-hop to question everything.
    What is wrong with questioning everything. The biggest sheep are those who don't question things and just take people's word for it, I'm not at all afraid to be wrong, I'm not afraid to look stupid.
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-11-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Whoops haha, I'm pretty sure though thatsome companies don't cover what is termed "opportunistic theft".

What is wrong with questioning everything. The biggest sheep are those who don't question things and just take people's word for it, I'm not at all afraid to be wrong, I'm not afraid to look stupid.
    ^ unfortunately most companies do. ie) keys left in ignition at a 7-11 running. Driver went in for a bottle of water, came out and the car was missing. Found 1 week later trashed!
    How much did i pay out for it? A whopping $7,500 for the stupidity of the driver. This was when i was an adjustor for Intact Insurance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2