Quantcast
Home builder vs nenshi goes another round - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Home builder vs nenshi goes another round

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's in this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/391047/sp...p1-in-calgary/

I randomly brought it up when they started going crazy in hypercar acquisitions. No hate in there.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Settled out of court.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ment-1.3366868

In the agreement, Nenshi:

- retracts and apologizes for statements he made about Wenzel on April 24, 2013 and on CBC Calgary's morning radio show, The Calgary Eyeopener, on October 9, 2013

- agrees that as a result of subsequent information, he "understands, appreciates and states" that Wenzel's actions in the 2010 election did not violate election laws

- agrees that he did not intend to suggest Wenzel is the head of a criminal organization

For his part, Wenzel:

- regrets any statements and any harm done to Nenshi's reputation.

- agrees that Nenshi has raised legitimate concerns that lawsuits against politicians can have a 'chilling effect' and that this was never his intent.

Okay beyond, time for the next 'hate on Nenshi' thread.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by speedog
    Oh just wait for when he asks the City for help footing the legal bill..

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You gotta learn to read old man. How is this a hate on Nenshi thread? Clearly, people hate home builders more than Nenshi lol.

But I'll toss this out there for ya. Nenshi racked up legal fees into 6 figures because he was too stubborn to apologize to begin with, and in the end, apologized lol. Remember that Wenzel agreed to drop all this long ago IF Nenshi apologized. Instead, dragged it out even longer and refused to apologize. Good thing that we actually quoted Nenshi's statement of defense (which of course he took down from his blog).

The Mayor respectfully declines your offer to provide an apology "to Mr. Wenzel's satisfaction" as demanded in your letter.
    For reference: http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/home-bui...20#post4211720

With that being said, who should pay for the mayor's legal bills? I'm hugely surprised that his law firm didn't take this on pro bono.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2
    With that being said, who should pay for the mayor's legal bills? I'm hugely surprised that his law firm didn't take this on pro bono.
    I wonder if that's the part of the settlement that won't be disclosed. Wenzel probably paid for it for Nenshi to apologize.

My Ride
    Grimace

But I'll toss this out there for ya. Nenshi racked up legal fees into 6 figures because he was too stubborn to apologize to begin with, and in the end, apologized lol. Remember that Wenzel agreed to drop all this long ago IF Nenshi apologized. Instead, dragged it out even longer and refused to apologize. Good thing that we actually quoted Nenshi's statement of defense (which of course he took down from his blog).
    He can't ever stop running his mouth and now the tax payers are going to end up paying I would guess.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by schocker

He can't ever stop running his mouth and now the tax payers are going to end up paying I would guess.
    The city council better not approve of paying his bill.

You gotta learn to read old man. How is this a hate on Nenshi thread? Clearly, people hate home builders more than Nenshi lol.

For reference: http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/home-bui...20#post4211720

Where did I say that this thread was a 'hate on Nenshi' thread?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    I wonder if that's the part of the settlement that won't be disclosed. Wenzel probably paid for it for Nenshi to apologize.
    Nenshi is responsible for his legal fees. That's been disclosed.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Where did I say that this thread was a 'hate on Nenshi' thread?
    Time for the next implies that this was one as well.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

The CalgaryPuck Nenshi nuthangers are probably saying this means Nenshi beat Wenzel
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by FraserB
    The CalgaryPuck Nenshi nuthangers are probably saying this means Nenshi beat Wenzel
    There's people over there that still believe they have a higher property tax rate because they live in the "inner city".

My Ride
    Grimace

^^lol you guys weren't kidding
    This result is merely an affirmation that having more money makes it easier to 'win' in the justice system.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by schocker
    ^^lol you guys weren't kidding
    haha that doesn't even make sense. Nenshi won the summary judgement and was paid double court costs. If Nenshi actually had an easy win, it would've cost him nothing.

Time for the next implies that this was one as well.
    Heh, you are correct but I will counter there is some Nenshi hating happening in this thread.

My take on this is Nenshi's comments were made during a municipal election which IMHO should mean that the city should not be on the hook for anything.

Now I do not know what past precedence has been but if it had been a non-incumbant making those comments, you know for sure the city wouldn't be forking anything our.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Nenshi is responsible for his legal fees. That's been disclosed.
    Well, if he passed that onto tax payers, then only winners in this case are lawyers.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Well, if he passed that onto tax payers, then only winners in this case are lawyers.
    If it's been disclosed that Nenshi is responsible for his legal fees, then why are people still questioning that?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 12-16-2015 at 05:31 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Heh, you are correct but I will counter there is some Nenshi hating happening in this thread.

My take on this is Nenshi's comments were made during a municipal election which IMHO should mean that the city should not be on the hook for anything.

Now I do not know what past precedence has been but if it had been a non-incumbant making those comments, you know for sure the city wouldn't be forking anything our.
    Agreed, there's always going to be some hate. Depends on what you look at. I'm the biggest Nenshi hater around.

Regardless if he was campaigning, or made these comments as a mayor, the way it was handled by him, I would be pissed off as a taxpayer if we were to foot the bill. All Wenzel asked for was an apology from the get go, and it would have all went away. Instead, his statement of defense was literally fuck you, I'm not apologizing, even with the understanding of what happened, Nenshi is always right. Because of this, he racked up 6 figures worth of legal fees, then went back and apologized. Legal fees for absolutely nothing. Of course, it's a moot point if he decides to pay it himself.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast