Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread)

Author
Thread
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by 88CRX
This thread reminds me of beyond 15 years ago

No doubt. This is how we'd settle it back then.

I still have over a 100 time slips from those days. BTW a stock E46 M3 (333hp?) was a 95-96 mph car in Calgary. Stock STIs ran 98-102 mph.

Joined 07/2002

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-26-2017 07:57 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Wow those are quick! The newer ones are not so..quick. Some of the legacys are also pretty fast.

They have been one of the best sleepers ever.... for 2004, 5.3s was stupid fast, and nobody aside from a few Suby-Fan Boys even noticed.

I looked for one pretty hard a few years after they came out, could never find one that hadn't been miled out or poorly modded.

Old Post 04-26-2017 07:58 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

They have been one of the best sleepers ever.... for 2004, 5.3s was stupid fast, and nobody aside from a few Suby-Fan Boys even noticed.

I looked for one pretty hard a few years after they came out, could never find one that hadn't been miled out or poorly modded.

I had one pull me off the line a few months ago. Didn't know wtf it was so I did some research and discovered it's a unicorn. Legacy caught me slippin

Old Post 04-26-2017 08:01 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by A790

I'll kick in $20 for shits and gigs.

I'll throw in a lot more to see this happen, but looks like HP is backing out.

Lamest ending to a fun thread ever

Old Post 04-26-2017 08:43 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I'll throw in a lot more to see this happen, but looks like HP is backing out.

Lamest ending to a fun thread ever

I'm actually not backing out. Just want to wait for any chance of snow to be highly unlikely and will coordinate with Konj.

Regardless of what happens..I know that I beat tubby in his 2014 STi in mexiokanagan on Sunday, April.16th. And I have a witness.

Jack Baruth also echoed my statement. So there ya go, right from an automotive journalist who owns a Porsche and an Accord 6-6. Two race cars. Living the dream.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...n-accord-coupe/

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 04-26-2017 at 08:54 PM

Old Post 04-26-2017 08:44 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I had one pull me off the line a few months ago. Didn't know wtf it was so I did some research and discovered it's a unicorn. Legacy caught me slippin

There is a white one that must live near strathcona/aspen area. He has a modified exhaust for sure. I came across him twice when I still had my stasis S4. needless to say I was pretty fucking surprised, the first time i had zero clue how he was within ~1 car length of me

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:40 PM
colinxx235 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN
Posts/Day: 0.17
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I thought someone brought a thread back from 10+ years ago the way this Accord dick rider was blabbing. Unreal - Well done

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:45 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by colinxx235

There is a white one that must live near strathcona/aspen area. He has a modified exhaust for sure. I came across him twice when I still had my stasis S4. needless to say I was pretty fucking surprised, the first time i had zero clue how he was within ~1 car length of me

This one was dark blue. I think it may have been tuned due to how loud the turbo was + how fast he took off. Shocked the shit outta me. Love sleepers.

Old Post 04-26-2017 10:02 PM
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32

quote:

^

yah I probably should elaborate that there is no way it was stock, I would assume bigger turbos + tune. As typically I pulled away from most cars in certain ranges with the stasis. And in cases of guys with older carreras they usually weren't too happy to lose to a sedan

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:00 PM
colinxx235 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by colinxx235
^yah I probably should elaborate that there is no way it was stock, I would assume bigger turbos + tune. As typically I pulled away from most cars in certain ranges with the stasis. And in cases of guys with older carreras they usually weren't too happy to lose to a sedan

I had no idea that there were fast factory legacy's. Pretty cool. How much did he pull on you by?

I've never managed to bait a Porsche in any of the cars I've owned. Besides a Cayenne which wasn't even worth the gas. Most owners I've seen don't even corner hard

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:05 PM
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Snip

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 04-28-2017 at 08:52 PM

Old Post 04-28-2017 06:00 PM
Redlined_8000
First Gear

What I drive: Beyond Fit 2017 Golf R, 2011 Silverado beater.
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Does HP work for Road and Track?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...upe-muscle-car/

The Accord V6 Coupe Is the Last Real American Muscle Car

lol

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:27 PM
Redlined_8000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlined_8000 Click here to Send Redlined_8000 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlined_8000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
Does HP work for Road and Track?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...upe-muscle-car/

lol

Already posted, nope. I do agree with Jack's assessments in the quotes below. For the record, I consider the car a sleeper and not s a muscle car. But he does make a good case for why it could be called one.

"After forty-eight thousand miles with my V6 6MT coupe, I can tell you that it has many other characteristics of a traditional muscle car. It's not exactly a stellar handler, although around most road courses it can dispatch Miatas and the like just on the strength of the motor–that is, until the brakes utterly vanish, which usually occurs around Lap Five. Thanks to its FWD layout, the Accord is severely traction-limited and can spin the wheels on the roll in second gear. It will "chirp third" with reckless abandon; that was once considered to be the sign of an authentic muscle car.

Most critically, however, the V6 Accord is the very definition of a "sleeper". Nobody can ever believe that it's going to drop them from a light the way it does. In a freeway "40 roll" the V6 is wickedly effective at breaking the hearts of stock Evolution and STI owners. Let's not even talk about GTIs and other "hot hatches;" they are easy meat for the big-but-light Honda even if they get a jump in it. Late last year, I found out that my personal car can also keep pace with a Focus RS in those situations. In places where Accords are thick on the ground, such as Southern California and central Ohio, the big-bore coupes are absolutely invisible to the police."

Old Post 05-09-2017 02:55 PM
Chester
Second Gear

What I drive: fuel efficient gas guzzler
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I have a bone stock 2016 sti I'd be willing to run against you, in a safe area of course

Dear Sriracha Sauce, you're the only thing with a cock on it that I want in my mouth.

Old Post 05-09-2017 04:45 PM
Chester is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chester Click here to Send Chester a Private Message Find more posts by Chester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:07 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Honda Accord > * (split from Golf R thread)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: