Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record

Author
Thread
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record quote:

Originally posted by GingeRRRBeef

Can we line up the coupe 6-6 with light wheels and the new CTR? That would be epic.

shit, beat me to it. haha

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:26 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record quote:

Originally posted by benyl

Fly me to Germany. I know that rage has the $$$

Old Post 04-25-2017 04:43 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GingeRRRBeef
[3/3] : LaQuessha

What I drive: 2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 100%

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record quote:

Originally posted by benyl

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Fly me to Germany. I know that rage has the $$$

You're a flake so even if we do set this up, you'll just come up with a lame excuse of why you won't/can't go.

Old Post 04-26-2017 01:42 AM
GingeRRRBeef is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GingeRRRBeef Click here to Send GingeRRRBeef a Private Message Visit GingeRRRBeef's homepage! Find more posts by GingeRRRBeef Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tehwegz
First Gear

What I drive: Fo'ST
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Just need Mini and VW to do up a new Club Sport GTI/Cooper super hatch.

Ford needs to do something crazy with the next ST that will undercut the crap out of the CT-R lol.

The previous Focus RS with an I5 turbo has 300+hp and was FWD.

Lots of great FWD out there. But a 7:40 FWD hot hatch from the factory like this is nuts.

Megane RS Trophy R did a 7:50 lap time and that was the best for a while there.

Beats a lot of supercars and even hypercars from 10-15 years ago as well. The new Camaro ZL1 is hitting 7:15 or less lap time? Crazy times we live in.

Old Post 04-26-2017 01:52 AM
tehwegz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tehwegz Click here to Send tehwegz a Private Message Find more posts by tehwegz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

I was looking at the list of Nordschleife times on Wikipedia... that Type-R is smoke'n

Old Post 04-26-2017 03:54 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlined_8000
First Gear

What I drive: Beyond Fit 2017 Golf R, 2011 Silverado beater.
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

As much as people will hate on Honda for sticking to a FWD platform blah blah at least they actually built something special this time. This car will be a overpriced FWD yes, but its the fastest and best FWD ever. Even if its costs 45k CDN I see it being sold out for the first couple years due to low availability. The way Honda designed and unveiled this car really reminds me of back in 2008 when Nissan did the GT-R. Its a nurburgring special for the streets.

Old Post 04-26-2017 04:17 AM
Redlined_8000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlined_8000 Click here to Send Redlined_8000 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlined_8000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
As much as people will hate on Honda for sticking to a FWD platform blah blah at least they actually built something special this time. This car will be a overpriced FWD yes, but its the fastest and best FWD ever. Even if its costs 45k CDN I see it being sold out for the first couple years due to low availability. The way Honda designed and unveiled this car really reminds me of back in 2008 when Nissan did the GT-R. Its a nurburgring special for the streets.

Only it won't self destruct the transmission-gear-thingy when you launch!

Old Post 04-26-2017 05:12 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Only it won't self destruct the transmission-gear-thingy when you launch!

That's not what happened. People were launching with TC off, not properly.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Old Post 04-26-2017 12:20 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Lets be honest. Honda has never been able to competitively price their performance cars. If they made an AWD CTR it would be $50k plus. Honda is sticking to a FWD platform not because they want to but because they have to.

Old Post 04-26-2017 02:23 PM
heavyD is online now Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by heavyD
Lets be honest. Honda has never been able to competitively price their performance cars. If they made an AWD CTR it would be $50k plus. Honda is sticking to a FWD platform not because they want to but because they have to.

At the current price point the CTR is pretty out there. But dedicated fans whom are now older and feeling nostalgic will open their wallets.

@ 50 K you'd have to be completely drinking the type R Kool aid.

Old Post 04-26-2017 02:43 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

@ 50 K you'd have to be completely drinking the type R Kool aid.

Why is that? EVO MR was $52k back in 2008. Focus RS is 48K now. FWD CTR will likely be around $42-44K. If they made this AWD and priced it around $50K I don't think it would be any less special than those 2 cars.

There are already rumors of 2018 base model that will have less equipment and a lower price in USA. We will likely only get the loaded version as always.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 04-26-2017 03:24 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Aleks

Why is that? EVO MR was $52k back in 2008. Focus RS is 48K now. FWD CTR will likely be around $42-44K. If they made this AWD and priced it around $50K I don't think it would be any less special than those 2 cars.

There are already rumors of 2018 base model that will have less equipment and a lower price in USA. We will likely only get the loaded version as always.

Because to joe public, it's still a civic with a body kit.

Old Post 04-26-2017 03:33 PM
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Several rumors point to a "base" model Type R coming for 2018 with a significantly lower price. Currently it's only available in Touring trim. The current difference on a Civic hatch between LX and Touring is $7550, so even a $5K cheaper Type R would be significant (and lighter).

Old Post 04-26-2017 04:13 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

I wonder what the capacity will be to build these in the UK facility seeing they have always only had to build for Europe. Not really a fan of the ultra low volume cars like the Focus RS where dealers can play games with pricing. It's one thing to pay $45k for a Civic as I would still be open minded if the car is as good as it's cracked up to be and to get back into a Honda after a 15 year hiatus but I simply refuse to pay a dealer markup on any car.

Old Post 04-26-2017 04:18 PM
heavyD is online now Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I wonder what the capacity will be to build these in the UK facility seeing they have always only had to build for Europe. Not really a fan of the ultra low volume cars like the Focus RS where dealers can play games with pricing. It's one thing to pay $45k for a Civic as I would still be open minded if the car is as good as it's cracked up to be and to get back into a Honda after a 15 year hiatus but I simply refuse to pay a dealer markup on any car.

Focus RS prices seem pretty reasonable lately? Seeing lots below $50k cdn, considering our dollar right now, that doesn't seem out of this world?

Old Post 04-26-2017 05:05 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Focus RS prices seem pretty reasonable lately? Seeing lots below $50k cdn, considering our dollar right now, that doesn't seem out of this world?

I think the hype has faded off... It is kind of slow compared to what is out there for 50K right now

Even in the context of this thread, it ran an 8:06 on the Nürburgring

Last edited by Sugarphreak on 04-26-2017 at 05:31 PM

Old Post 04-26-2017 05:29 PM
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

I thought all EP3s were built in Swindon?

Old Post 04-27-2017 05:33 AM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:14 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Honda reclaims FWD Nurburgring record

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: