Quantcast
Hong Kong Style Pancake / Egg Waffles - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong Style Pancake / Egg Waffles

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I can't say how comparable it is to Vancouver because it's been ages since I've tried it there, but it's really good. I have friends who only tried it for the first time when I made it and they love it, especially if you get the bake times figured out so the texture comes out right. Actually they still love it if you burn it haha

If you get a pan, my advice is to make sure you coat the iron very well cause those waffles are a bitch to dig out once they're baked in. And fill the egg holes about half way or a slightly more than half way.

Eggette meet at D'z Nutz place? I like the chocolate chips inserts

Amazon.com wouldn't ship to Canada, so I bought a different one from amazon.ca
    Pretty excited!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I can't say how comparable it is to Vancouver because it's been ages since I've tried it there, but it's really good. I have friends who only tried it for the first time when I made it and they love it, especially if you get the bake times figured out so the texture comes out right. Actually they still love it if you burn it haha

If you get a pan, my advice is to make sure you coat the iron very well cause those waffles are a bitch to dig out once they're baked in. And fill the egg holes about half way or a slightly more than half way.

lol next time you make some, message me and i'll pop over to grab it haha

My Ride
    Lease

Hong Kong street egg waffles still the best IMO, like pretty much any one of those street stands.

Then for snack food. Just go where there’re tons of Chinese lining up be it a chain cafe or individually ran. So surprise there aren’t more obese Asians out there.

My Ride
    Exploded.

@TomcoPDR is it Tim Ho Wan? I loved that it was 24 hours.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I have a overnight layover in HK. Im gonna get fat

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @TomcoPDR is it Tim Ho Wan? I loved that it was 24 hours.
    @flipstah I’m not much of a foodie know how. Literally just eat as I go, whatever looks half ass clean while strolling the streets during Hk visit it’s like sure why not, let’s try this/that. Actually negative points of having so much food in a city within walking distance. I’m always bloated. What starts out to be just light eggette/egg waffles light snacking, turns into full on afternoon tea time, full meal commitment.

And TST ain’t what it used to (lol I guess I’m talking about 30 years ago), where it’s full of gwai lo’s And not as mainland crowded. Much prefer Hk suburb/local honger visiting chill (for me, of course that’s visiting friends, relatives and reminiscing and not from a tourist's perspective) This one wonton shop in TST imho was horrible such tourist trap. Not even honger fast pace big city “take it or leave it, pay and you’ll get food and move on” service, but just straight ignored service. Food was Hk level nasty imo. The wonton soup served in the Yvr-Hkg AC007 flight was even better.

Then walked past this small eggette store in TST. It’s got like some Michelin Star (didn’t purposely search or nothing)

Last edited by TomcoPDR; 02-22-2018 at 09:06 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Mmm, they look good. Have fun tripping!

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

There's a place over in Northpointe which is very well known for the egglets.

If you're in HK, definitely check out Australian Milk Co. Awesome breakfast! Be prepared to line up though!

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by JDMMAN View Post
    There's a place over in Northpointe which is very well known for the egglets.

If you're in HK, definitely check out Australian Milk Co. Awesome breakfast! Be prepared to line up though!
    I wanna try. Just hate Hk crowd, crowded everywhere.

Couldn’t resist the Golden Arches they’re everywhere and so convenient, and with self ordering/self pay, cuts down on idiot (customer) delays. Left the fry tips, cause I’m just grossed out that I notice a lot of Asian men don’t wash their hands, taking number #1, #2... and as a non Beyond baller, I’m taking public transit that involves holding onto escalator hand rails and opening mall doors, you really can’t blame how Howie Mandel feels with gem phobia till you’ve travel to big cities nyc, hkg, sfo BART (transit).

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    I wanna try. Just hate Hk crowd, crowded everywhere.

Couldn’t resist the Golden Arches they’re everywhere and so convenient, and with self ordering/self pay, cuts down on idiot (customer) delays. Left the fry tips, cause I’m just grossed out that I notice a lot of Asian men don’t wash their hands, taking number #1, #2... and as a non Beyond baller, I’m taking public transit that involves holding onto escalator hand rails and opening mall doors, you really can’t blame how Howie Mandel feels with gem phobia till you’ve travel to big cities nyc, hkg, sfo BART (transit).

I still don't get your reasoning of why you didn't eat the fry tips vs the longer fries... and why no HK specific stuff. Just reg $1 menu items
    Last edited by dj_rice; 02-26-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Haha, I couldn't eat McDonald's in HK just out of pure principle. Small portions and expensive! And less room in the belly for other good food I can't get here!
    Hell, I don't even eat McDonald's here unless there are coupons

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I still don't get your reasoning of why you didn't eat the fry tips vs the longer fries... and why no HK specific stuff. Just reg $1 menu items
    That’s only in hk visits. Just grossed out there’re so many gems around, don’t wanna finish the tip since I don’t know what gems on my filthy finger tips holding handrails and such. I’m getting old that I notice I’ve been holding onto subway (MTR) rails.

That’s only in hk visits. Just grossed out there’re so many gems around, don’t wanna finish the tip since I don’t know what gems on my filthy finger tips holding handrails and such. I’m getting old that I notice I’ve been holding onto subway (MTR) rails.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, you're wimping out.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, you're wimping out.
    Can’t do it man. This is roach city, home if the sars

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

lol, you can just wash your hands before you eat, or bring some hand sanitizer.

My Ride

But how are you eating the longer fries? Are you not using your hands to eat the longer ones? Or use a fork. So confused
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    But how are you eating the longer fries? Are you not using your hands to eat the longer ones? Or use a fork. So confused
    Pretty sure he's biting and eating them and just leaving the little bit that he touches with his fingers.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by realazy View Post
    Pretty sure he's biting and eating them and just leaving the little bit that he touches with his fingers.

If you're gonna be eating American style fast food in HK go to KFC. MOS burger is great too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast