Quantcast
How much attention do you get with wheels? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much attention do you get with wheels?

My Ride
    a tank

Default How much attention do you get with wheels?

I am in the process of picking up some summer rims for my newly acquired black 3IS

right now I am looking at a set of 19" Verde Axis 99 in gloss bronze. Can anyone who has a lot of experience running stand out aftermarket wheels tell me if this may get me too much unwanted attention? from both local cps and or wheel thieves <- never happened to me so I do not know how bad the situation is in Calgary or am I just being overly paranoid.

My alternative is to just stick with Enkei TPS6 18" in painted gun metal. since my OEM set has been used for the winter.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    TRD Pro

If you are driving the CPS wont be able to see your wheels... nor will they care if you are driving responsibly.
    Not to sound harsh, but neither wheel you mentioned are super expensive and deisrable to the point where I would worrry, not to mention.. Insurance.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Don't think cps is really going to care till you're "stanced" (super low, neg camber, stretched tires, etc)

Honestly with those brands... as long as you're not street parking in the same location every night I wouldn't be worried about theft

That said my custom 3-piece works spent the better part of 4 years parked on the street with no issues... but most of the time a low profile jack couldn't get under the car without rolling it on to a few pieces of wood first

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by R-Audi
    If you are driving the CPS wont be able to see your wheels... nor will they care if you are driving responsibly.
    Not to sound harsh, but neither wheel you mentioned are super expensive and deisrable to the point where I would worrry, not to mention.. Insurance.

I wouldn't worry too much. It ain't no Volks/Rays/HRE's/Rotas
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go &quot;uh huh...&quot; Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by dj_rice

I wouldn't worry too much. It ain't no Rotas
    I heard CPS is going to be cracking down on fake wheels finally.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Police don't care about wheels, unless they're reps in which case you will receive a huge fine for poor taste

Police may only care if you have stupid wheel fitment. As for thieves, well they'll steal your stock wheels as well. Unless you park in shady spots, I wouldn't worry about your wheels. And if you did park in shady spots I'd worry more about the entire car.
    As mentioned, you're proposed wheels aren't baller wheels and not a real concern.
    Last edited by NoPulp; 02-16-2017 at 03:21 PM.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Also a bonus of getting actual baller wheels is that they have individual serial numbers... I think to date the only recovered stolen wheels on beyond have been those works that were stolen out of the guy's garage in new Brighton? Copperfield? And they were so distinct that when the idiot that stole them put them on kijiji that the cops actually did a sting

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Does it stand out more ? Yes, will you be noticed more ? Maybe, but not like cops will harass you unless your rocking a hummer with 26" spinners.
    as for theft they're not a big dollar wheel so I wouldn't worry about that either, your oem ones will be worth more either way.

My Ride
    FB6

I find that I get checked a lot more at check stops vs. getting waved through if I drive a modified car.

My previous 335i was lowered and had a set of deep dish work wheels and I got checked (as in open the window and asked questions) 100% of the time that I've gone through them.

Other than that, never had issues.

Edit:
    Also if you're looking for that style of wheel (the verde axis 99) there are other wheels that look pretty much the same and are much cheaper.

Check out the Fast FC04. I was looking at those and they are much cheaper. I found that pmctire had them for a really good price with really cheap shipping.
    Last edited by realazy; 02-16-2017 at 03:06 PM.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Attention is relative, I have never been pulled over driving a low car with polished wheels. But if you drive around like an idiot near a cop, I am 100% sure they will notice you and pull you over.

I don't have baller rims, just Rotiforms. My tires have a mild stretch and I am low, but not stupid low with excessive camber.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If you're in the NE and out and about a lot at night, you can expect some more attention from the CPS.

My Ride
    NC1

Lol wouldn't worry too much about wheels unless in conjunction with aero kit, slammed, big wing, etc. Then okay people will check out your ride. 19" wheels are common nowadays.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by realazy

Check out the Fast FC04. I was looking at those and they are much cheaper. I found that pmctire had them for a really good price with really cheap shipping.
    I carry those as well!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have been thinking about this a bit too, not so much from the cops, but I really don't want to walk outside one morning to find my truck sitting on the rotors...

At what point do you need to really start worrying about your rims being snatched? $1000? $2000? $3000? $5k+?

I am kinda wondering as from what i can tell, my truck is gonna be rocking about $3k in wheels and tires this summer.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by spikerS
    I have been thinking about this a bit too, not so much from the cops, but I really don't want to walk outside one morning to find my truck sitting on the rotors...

At what point do you need to really start worrying about your rims being snatched? $1000? $2000? $3000? $5k+?

I am kinda wondering as from what i can tell, my truck is gonna be rocking about $3k in wheels and tires this summer.
    If you're parking your vehicle in Forest Lawn street, yes I would be concerned. If youre in an Aspen garage, no.

My Ride
    NC1

I wouldn't sweat it.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Exploded.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. Although I did report my Volk wheels to Intact when I had them. Doesn't hurt.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by realazy
    Edit:
    Also if you're looking for that style of wheel (the verde axis 99) there are other wheels that look pretty much the same and are much cheaper.

Yes. They're really nice wheels (Fast FC04.) I'm shocked at the attention to detail for a budget wheel.

My Ride
    T4R / Tesla Y

Default Re: How much attention do you get with wheels?

Originally posted by SilverRex
    I am in the process of picking up some summer rims for my newly acquired black 3IS

right now I am looking at a set of 19&quot; Verde Axis 99 in gloss bronze. Can anyone who has a lot of experience running stand out aftermarket wheels tell me if this may get me too much unwanted attention? from both local cps and or wheel thieves &lt;- never happened to me so I do not know how bad the situation is in Calgary or am I just being overly paranoid.

My alternative is to just stick with Enkei TPS6 18&quot; in painted gun metal. since my OEM set has been used for the winter.
    My ISF has OEM wheels on it, so I cant comment about wheels, however, I got my car with dark 5% tint on the rear windows, and light 35% tint on the front side windows.. and was pulled over and ticketed 2 times within a few months of owning the car... both times the officer saw my car from the front only, before pulling me over..

So in my opinion, it's the the L badge on the front that will subject you to more heat from the police. Add in other mods, and the heat will go up for sure.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

^ That example has way more to do with tint. Cops LOOOVE tint tickets. They especially look for luxury or sport vehicles for tint.

Other mods, they don't care too much about unless its drastic like stance, lifted truck or racecar. I've only been bothered a couple of times in the orange car - 1 for racing in highschool which I got a warning - 1 for driving without a hood (cop just seemed to be interested in the car and no ticket) and other than that they will just follow me and search my plate.
    Last edited by NoPulp; 02-17-2017 at 12:03 PM.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast