Quantcast
Hyundai Dealerships - Positive Experiences - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai Dealerships - Positive Experiences

Default Hyundai Dealerships - Positive Experiences

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a solid Hyundai Dealership in the Calgary area.

I've done some research on these forums and here is what I've found:

Precision: bad
    Gallery: bad
    Crowfoot: bad
    Calgary: bad

So as you can see I've only been able to find mostly complaints, almost nothing positive!

If anyone could make some recommendations, or shed light on some positive experiences at a particular dealership, I would appreciate it!

wait till fall.

country hills hyundai

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I believe this is code for "Don't buy a hyundai"

My Ride
    Grimace

Back when I had my g35, I wanted to test drive a base genesis coupe as it would have been a new car with warranty with what I was looking for. I was almost hyundai fanboy number 1 as I thought they were stepping the game up. The sales man was very pushy trying to get my to trade me car in within minutes of talking with him, and then later told me if I was there for a joy ride not to waste his fucking time.
    This was crowfoot btw. Now I shit talk hyundai and kia all the time

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Dude, I HATE Crowfoot Hyundai.

Those guys are fucking annoying, especially the Sales Manager Mike Sore.

If you want a guy to go to, see Louie Edora @ Calgary Hyundai.

He's a younger guy that understands when a customer wants no bullshit, just wants a price. He's polite, eager to help, and he'll do what he can.

I was gonna buy a 2012 Genesis from him but since they were out of production, he even helped me track down one in Edmonton.

There's never a GOOD dealership all around, just good salesmen which make the experience good.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Precision Hyundai, bought 5 cars from there since 1998 to 2012 for almost everyone in the family. One guy in particular is good to deal with, Dusty. I can't comment on their mechanical service since we've never required warranty repairs and I do all maintenance work myself.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Ven
    I've had nothing but good experiences with Precision Hyundai, bought 5 cars from there since 1998 to 2012 for almost everyone in the family. One guy in particular is good to deal with, Dusty. I can't comment on their mechanical service since we've never required warranty repairs and I do all maintenance work myself.
    My dad bought his 09 Sonata from Dusty, had good things to say about him as well.

My Ride
    74 Nova-92 RMW-08 Aura XR-94 Sierra

Crowfoot Hyundai service used to be great. Since then their awesome service manager has moved to a Dodge dealer.

My girlfriend also bought her Accent from Dusty at Precision. (before I met her) She was happy with everything and the car has been great! 08' with 102k now. Only issue was CEL and misfire codes.
    Common problem solved by an ECU reprogram under warranty.

I would stay away from their used lot though, very shady! Used to detail a lot of their cars. Mainly Eastern cars, crappy repair/respray cars, shady used sales people.

Crowfoot Hyundai sales department is weak!

schocker: you must have had the same sales guy. We wanted to test drive the 2012 Accent to see if it was worth upgrading from the 08'. Wouldn't let us test drive without deposit and even though my girlfriend voiced that she really wished they were going to do a 2 door hatch still, he didn't mention anything about the soon to arrive Veloster. Proceeded to show us a 2011 2dr hatch. Fail.

I find almost anywhere I go the salesman are ignorant and have no clue about the product they sell.

Pretty bad when you can tell them more about the cars they are selling than they tell know.

I could go on and on about my experiences...

Salesman telling me I don't need the integrated trailer brake control because the GMC Sierra 1500 has an exhaust brake. etc etc..

End o rant...
    Last edited by dieselpower91; 03-17-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    2008 Saturn Aura XR- 3.6L 6spd Modded on 20's
    1994 GMC Sierra Z71 RC/SB 5spd Lifted on 33's
    1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-"Got Wood?"
    1974 Chevy Nova 406ci Never ending project!
    2013 Hyundai Veloster 'Sublime Detail' Company car
    & Many More...

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I bought my '10 Elantra Touring from Diane at Precision. She was great, however she left the dealership not too long after to return to selling furniture...

Voytek was the first salesperson we met and he was so bad that we asked for his hours and specifically returned outside of his scheduled hours just to get somebody else.

I stopped in at every other Hyundai dealership in the city and nobody would deal with me, 2 dealerships actually laughed at me and one of them directly told me to leave.

It would help to know though, are you buying or looking for service?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Originally posted by Zero102
    I bought my '10 Elantra Touring from Diane at Precision. She was great, however she left the dealership not too long after to return to selling furniture...

Voytek was the first salesperson we met and he was so bad that we asked for his hours and specifically returned outside of his scheduled hours just to get somebody else.

I stopped in at every other Hyundai dealership in the city and nobody would deal with me, 2 dealerships actually laughed at me and one of them directly told me to leave.

It would help to know though, are you buying or looking for service?
    I'm looking to buy.

Thanks for all the response everyone, I've written it all down for reference!

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by dieselpower91

schocker: you must have had the same sales guy. We wanted to test drive the 2012 Accent to see if it was worth upgrading from the 08'. Wouldn't let us test drive without deposit and even though my girlfriend voiced that she really wished they were going to do a 2 door hatch still, he didn't mention anything about the soon to arrive Veloster. Proceeded to show us a 2011 2dr hatch. Fail.
    Well he was old and smelly. My relatives went later in the year to test drive a Toucson as they were replacing a pilot. They had none on the lot and he didn't really know anything about it or the accessories and was trying to show the prices based on the santa fe, and was trying to get them to purchase the vehicle un-seen that day. They told me and I asked who it was and it was the same guy
    They ended up with a rav4.

I bought my vehicle from Crowfoot and they wouldnt even throw in a free touch up pen when I found a small scratch on the bumper. Unfortunately I had already signed off on the vehicle. Another sketchy thing that Crowfoot did on the sale was white out the standard cost of the block heater then put in their own random cost way above MSRP and tell you they were throwing it in for free so you thought you were saving $$. Watch out for this as they can also use this trick to boost the sale price since block heaters are standard and you cant avoid it.

Grant @ Precision is a pretty down to earth and honest guy. Very easy to deal with. He's retired and basically only doing sales to pass the time, but he does have a pushy manager. Only reason why I didnt buy from him was they couldnt get me the vehicle that Crowfoot was able to.

Calgary Hyundai has this short, dorky brown dude who was a TOTAL dick. Worst salesman I have EVER dealt with. Stuck up "Im better than you because you're probably not even going to buy anything" attitude. Could not even get a total out the door price from this guy without making a scene and seeing the manager. I dont know how this guy is still employed, or maybe it is company policy to treat customers like shit if it looks like the customer is shopping around.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Non of the Hyundai dealerships in town would even let me test drive a Genesis so I bought something else instead.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by Zero102

Sorry, couldn't resist..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Too loud for Aspen

a little off topics but still about Hyundai:

I'm thinking to buy a Sonata or Santa Fe due to 0% financing promotion + Hyundai has been improving a lot in recent years. I've read lot thread @ RFD but I would like to ask if any of you had good experience negotiating the price specifically in Calgary Hyundai dealerships? I'm thinking I will subscribe with Car Cost Canada so I will have more leverage when negotiating.

Dusty @ Precision will negotiate and it's not painful either so long as your not an asshole or have unrealistic demands. Like I posted earlier I've dealt with him since 1998, he moves a lot of cars, which is why I think he's pretty flexible on the negotiations. He'll just sell another one in the afternoon haha.

I hate sounding like a fanboy but if I was ever brand loyal about a product it'd be to Hyundai. And if they made a competitive one ton diesel I'd be in that. 5 of their cars in my family, and another 3 more to local relatives since 1998 to Now have had a grand total of $99 in repairs (warranty and non-warranty). But I digress

My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia

I bought my 2011 Elantra from Grant at Precision and am completely happy with the entire purchase.

Just like it was said earlier Grant retired from his career, went travelling, got bored and decided to sell cars. That is why he has almost a no pressure approach to his sales.

There is a lady that does the paper work part when they try to talk you into the extended warranty. She does does a very dry ,seemingly scripted, comedy routine mixed in with the explanation of all the papers you have to sign. It is very weird.

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

incoming CSB.

I first went to Crowfoot Hyundai with carcost in hand eager to purchase a genesis last May. Walked on the lot, got a test drive within the first 5 minutes of talking to a salesman. All was good until we got back to the dealership and started talking numbers. Not only did they want nothing to do with carcost canada, but the guy blatantly told me "I was clearly not interested" if all I wanted to do was knock the sticker price down.

Walked out the door, went to Calgary Hyundai within 15minutes I had a great deal, 6 year's free oil change and 2 "upgrades" of my choosing. 2 Days later I had a new car. I believe the guy I went through was Kalvin/Kelvin no complaints at all.

The best part was about a day or two after I purchased I had the original guy from Crowfoot calling me to see if I was still interested as he could get me a "wicked deal" but after telling him I purchased and he asked me what kind of deal I got he jumped right back on the shitbag bandwagon and said it was BS.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 03:07 PM.

My Ride
    FA1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast