Quantcast
I think I need a new dishwasher... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think I need a new dishwasher...

Default I think I need a new dishwasher...

Last night I found some water coming out from underneath my dishwasher (old Kenmore). As best I can tell it is dripping from the solenoid (?) that opens and closes the flow of water to the dishwasher from the copper water line. it looks like a ceramic cylinder. It's kind of old anyway, so maybe not a bad time to get a new one. Hoping to keep it under $1000.

The Wire Cutter seems to like Bosch, but I haven't had time to do much other research. Can anyone tell me if these are any good - they seem to be discounted quite heavily:

http://www.sears.ca/product/bosch-as...761-SHE3AR75UC

http://www.sears.ca/product/bosch-50...761-SHX3AR75UC

http://www.sears.ca/product/bosch-30...761-SHE33T55UC

This is probably the nicest one but it's almost double the price of some others:

http://www.sears.ca/product/bosch-50...761-SHE65T55UC

Has to be stainless to match rest of kitchen. TIA

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Bosch is good. Somewhat picky about detergents, but once you find one that works, just don't change and life will be good.

Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    Bosch is good. Somewhat picky about detergents, but once you find one that works, just don't change and life will be good.
    I use Cascade pods - is that going to be a problem with some new dishwashers?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I know my Bosch has no problems with Finish Powerball tablets (there's a sticker that says to use finish products). Not sure how it would react to Cascade though. Didn't know that dishwashers could be picky...

Bosch is the best i'd say based upon feedback and service, and if you're worried about detergent places like trail and coast sell "higher end/appropriate" detergents specific to certain brands/types.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

My Bosch works with Cascade pods

I'm pretty much sold on a Bosch, I just don't know if there are good and bad Boschs. There appears to be some fairly significant sales on right now at Sears, so I am hoping someone knows the models well. I have PM'd masoncgy as well.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I'm pretty much sold on a Bosch, I just don't know if there are good and bad Boschs. There appears to be some fairly significant sales on right now at Sears, so I am hoping someone knows the models well. I have PM'd masoncgy as well.
    Not sure how often he's on here nowadays. I'll PM you his email

Got it thanks. I see he's in BC, so I don't know if he can help me but I fired him an email.

This is the one I have:

https://www.lowes.ca/dishwashers/bos...sch-Dishwasher

Bosches are very easy to install yourself. Not worth getting someone to do it for you unless you're totally inept or baller.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

My wife uses whatever dish detergent I give her to use....So I never have issues with my dishwasher...

(disclaimer...EK 2.0 isn't married; and now for obvious reasons...)
    ...@therealarifjina...

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    My wife uses whatever dish detergent I give her to use....So I never have issues with my dishwasher...

(disclaimer...EK 2.0 isn't married; and now for obvious reasons...)
    Haha, totally expected this to be a "I'm getting divorced need advice" type thread when I saw the title.

Thanks guys.

masoncgy is going to hook me up I think - he's in BC but it looks like he can help me out in Calgary still quite easily.

This one was recommended for vaule:

http://www.bosch-home.ca/products/di...HE33T55UC.html

Wait for a sale. I got mine for under $1000.

My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP

Check out the Laundry Store just at the top of the hill of Heritage going down into Deerfoot Meadows. I just purchased a dishwasher and oven from them and the other big box stores couldn't even come close to matching the price for the exact same model.

Ex) Home Depot had the oven reg priced at $1300, and it was on sale for $1100. Laundry Store quoted me $850.

Originally posted by suntan
    Wait for a sale. I got mine for under $1000.
    There are rebates on right now and it's well under $1000. Seems like a good time to buy.

http://www.bosch-home.ca/Files/Bosch..._SellSheet.pdf

Originally posted by 91_Integz
    Check out the Laundry Store just at the top of the hill of Heritage going down into Deerfoot Meadows. I just purchased a dishwasher and oven from them and the other big box stores couldn't even come close to matching the price for the exact same model.

Ex) Home Depot had the oven reg priced at $1300, and it was on sale for $1100. Laundry Store quoted me $850.
    EDIT: They quoted me the same price as Costal. He also very highly recommend Blomberg, but I know nothing about them.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-04-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Just wanted to say that masoncgy was awesome to deal with, got me a good deal and had my new dishwasher delivered first thing in the morning with one day's notice. I ask a lot of questions so I'm probably one of his more annoying customers, and he was very patient.

There are rebates on right now and it's well under $1000. Seems like a good time to buy.

http://www.bosch-home.ca/Files/Bosch..._SellSheet.pdf

EDIT: They quoted me the same price as Costal. He also very highly recommend Blomberg, but I know nothing about them.
    I just bought the EXACT same washer from Trail for $899, but I think it can be had at Bestbuy for $850... however I think delivery is manditory, of which the guy at trail said:

1. It weighs less than a hundred pounds, what do you drive? (F150) why the heck would you pay for delivery and disposal costs?

2. install... we charge $189, regardless if you pay for it now, or if you figure you can't do it later... So roll up your sleeves and give it a go... these bosch's are super easy to install

Sure enough, weighed nothing, I carried it into the house, took about 15 minutes to remove the old one, and about half an hour to rig up the new one.

Now in comparison with my whirlpool gold and old Kitchenaid... NO comparison in the build... WAY Quieter without the need for the fiberglass blanket, the heating element isn't exposed, and has a 3 stage filter.

It has the aqua sensing, and the heater element is pre-heated using a thermostat rather than just "timed" like the conventional: maytag/whirlpool/armada/kitchenaid/jennair

Tub is completely 18/10 stainless, and thicker than the higher end domestic or japanese offerings.

What I don't like? lack of features and flexibility with the racking system compared to the Kitchenaid, but did I really use it before? not really (I mostly had them zip tied up).

Whatelse I don't like... not sure it cleans any better, but the reliability is what I care about after having 2 dishwashers fail in 8 years.

Bosch and Miele have the two best run-rates as per the guy at trail and laundry store...

Apparently it goes like this... LG & Samsung are incredibly innovative with the wallwash & stormshower, but their failure rates are AWFUL... like 35% awful, and the guy at trail even refused to show them to me.
    Maybe the best performance in washing, but the worst in reliability and we're talking... damaging the floor, cabinetry etc.. issues

as you can see here:
    http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/brands-we-love/

Maytag, Whirlpool, Jenn Air, Armana, Kitchenaid etc.. are the same company, share the same drive motors and the same principle designs, and only new models are copying the european 3 stage model.

Now, reliability wise, they have been building dishwashers the longest and the "basic" designs "work". BUT if you are paying $1600 for a kitchenaid, don't be surprised that other than the stainless tub, and fancy racks, its exactly the same build as a $400 Armana.

bosch/miele are the 2 best, and most durable with the Miele claiming a run rate of 10,000 washes...

Miele sells through the retail reseller (VAR) chain, but nobody does the delivery/install/removal other than Miele, which means that you have to add about $350 to the price of one

Miele has the best drying system, with an actual forced dry option

So for $899, self installed... I can't complain
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 08-07-2016 at 12:38 PM.

^^^ Got it for $780 which seemed pretty good considering I needed one immediately.

I drive a Civic and the $55 for next-day delivery was more than worth me not doing it myself, or bothering a friend. Came first thing in the morning. The $20 to take away my old one was IMHO a bargain.

I had to re-do some plumbing and I have never done some of this before so it took me a few hours but I installed it myself. Just got to figure out the counter mounting system, but it's running right now and it's extremely quiet and everything seems to be working.

Sounds like you know a lot about dishwashers and endorse the Bosch so I feel good about my decision.

^^^ Got it for $780 which seemed pretty good considering I needed one immediately.

I drive a Civic and the $55 for next-day delivery was more than worth me not doing it myself, or bothering a friend. Came first thing in the morning. The $20 to take away my old one was IMHO a bargain.

I had to re-do some plumbing and I have never done some of this before so it took me a few hours but I installed it myself. Just got to figure out the counter mounting system, but it's running right now and it's extremely quiet and everything seems to be working.

Sounds like you know a lot about dishwashers and endorse the Bosch so I feel good about my decision.

damn thats a good price.

Ran it yesterday, and have to say its very quiet, but does make alot of noise when flushing the water out.

I don't know that much about appliances, I'm just resourceful enough to make sure I make the right decisions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast