Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Ifyouknowyouknow 2018 Dodge Demon

Author
Thread
90_Shelby
First Gear

What I drive: Volvo, V-Wagon
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Both those don't seem true at the moment, based on google results anyway.

The car is hideous but that is a lot of power! It's cool you can buy stuff like this. Looks like it's on (almost) slicks too, that's got to be helping a lot.

It comes with drag radials which are essentially slicks with grooves in them to be street legal. More or less the same ultra soft compound.

Higher powered V8, maybe Koenigsegg? 1140hp in the Agera R, does this count?

Quicker 0-60, I think I've seen quotes of 2.2 for the 918?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2017 06:10 PM
90_Shelby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 90_Shelby Click here to Send 90_Shelby a Private Message Find more posts by 90_Shelby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by 90_Shelby

It comes with drag radials which are essentially slicks with grooves in them to be street legal. More or less the same ultra soft compound.

Higher powered V8, maybe Koenigsegg? 1140hp in the Agera R, does this count?

Quicker 0-60, I think I've seen quotes of 2.2 for the 918?

Even a Tesla is faster 0-60 according to Wikipedia, but we're for sure splitting hairs in the 2 second range lol. It just seems like every manufacturer who comes out and makes "Worlds best X" claims is almost always wrong.

Also I wonder how many other cars would post faster times with drag radials - probably all of them. Seems like cheating a bit, but I don't know how else you could put that power down haha. AWD would be awesome but that would ruin the muscle car for many.

It's still a ridiculous car, no doubt about it. I'm happy they made it.

Last edited by Mitsu3000gt on 04-12-2017 at 06:31 PM

Old Post 04-12-2017 06:22 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BokCh0y
Third Gear

What I drive: GGL15, R53, JCE10, VZN170, BB6
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (74)

quote:

This car is insane.....just insane. I want one.

Old Post 04-12-2017 06:29 PM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Even a Tesla is faster 0-60 according to Wikipedia, but we're for sure splitting hairs in the 2 second range lol.

Doesn't P90D permanently reduce the power output if you launch it too many times?

I doubt there will be such limitations with the Dodge.

Also Dodge's 140mph vs Tesla's 125mph trap speed is a huge difference.

Joined 07/2002

Last edited by Aleks on 04-12-2017 at 06:36 PM

Old Post 04-12-2017 06:32 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toms-SC
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.42
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Really bad ass. Good on them for taking this on and still providing a warranty.

Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Old Post 04-12-2017 06:32 PM
Toms-SC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toms-SC Click here to Send Toms-SC a Private Message Find more posts by Toms-SC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

Bunch of whiny fact checking hahah

The car is awesome, it still looks great if you're in that retro-muscle market like so many people are and it's ridiculously over the top. With warranty.

Solid win.

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 04-12-2017 06:36 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tehwegz
First Gear

What I drive: Fo'ST
Posts/Day: 0.15

quote:

stock C7 Z06 with just slicks as a mod will do a 10.3 & 132 mph. And that's not even its main purpose (straight line). New ZL1 maybe a tiny bit slower being ~200-300lbs heavier but I'd take one of those over 100+k CAD on hyped up 10+ year old E Class/Chrysler 300 underpinnings marketed to the tits.

also inb4 new GT500

Old Post 04-12-2017 11:21 PM
tehwegz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tehwegz Click here to Send tehwegz a Private Message Find more posts by tehwegz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Even a Tesla is faster 0-60 according to Wikipedia, but we're for sure splitting hairs in the 2 second range lol. It just seems like every manufacturer who comes out and makes "Worlds best X" claims is almost always wrong.

Also I wonder how many other cars would post faster times with drag radials - probably all of them. Seems like cheating a bit, but I don't know how else you could put that power down haha. AWD would be awesome but that would ruin the muscle car for many.

It's still a ridiculous car, no doubt about it. I'm happy they made it.

I think the only way you could do a muscle car with AWD is if its defeat able. Not entirely feasible for production but Ken blocks "Hoonicorn" Mustang has a clutch to disconnect the front wheels at speed for all those crazy drifts he does.

Old Post 04-15-2017 01:05 AM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxt
Second Gear

What I drive: something green
Posts/Day: 0.31

quote:

The demon is apparently 2.1 seconds 0-60 when rollout is factored in.

Old Post 04-15-2017 03:00 AM
Maxt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxt Click here to Send Maxt a Private Message Visit Maxt's homepage! Find more posts by Maxt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
90_Shelby
First Gear

quote:

Maxt, when do we get to see pictures of your Viper?

Old Post 04-15-2017 03:34 AM
90_Shelby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 90_Shelby Click here to Send 90_Shelby a Private Message Find more posts by 90_Shelby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SKR
First Gear

What I drive: Trucks and junk

quote:

Why does it have drag radials in the front? Just because that's the only size they come in, or what? Having a 315 in the front seems like a good idea for handling, and I don't know much about tires but an NT05R doesn't sound like it has good lateral grip.

I still love it, but the tires don't make a lot of sense to me. And I'm still having trouble with the "badge of honor" angle of the NHRA ban. Seems like a lot of effort to go to just to have a car that you can't use. I'd still buy one if I wasn't so foolish with my money in so many other ways already.

Old Post 04-15-2017 06:22 AM
SKR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SKR Click here to Send SKR a Private Message Find more posts by SKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Drag skinnies reduce weight as well as having a better aero coefficient, some say they're worth as much as 0.2 seconds in a quarter mile. If they're true drag skinnies, then they'll be bias plies as opposed to radials because bias plies are lighter as well.

Old Post 04-15-2017 06:37 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.33
User Rating: 97%

quote:

The skinnies come in the crate shipped to your house after the car is purchased, but the car is sold with one size for all corners.

Old Post 04-15-2017 06:49 AM
Darell_n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by SKR
Why does it have drag radials in the front? Just because that's the only size they come in, or what? Having a 315 in the front seems like a good idea for handling, and I don't know much about tires but an NT05R doesn't sound like it has good lateral grip.

If you have a lack of lateral grip in the rear, you probably want the level of grip to match in the front if you don't want a drift mahine.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-15-2017 07:26 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
90_Shelby
First Gear

quote:

Drag radials on the front and back so you have 2 sets of tires for the rear when you go to the track and swap on the skinnies.

Old Post 04-15-2017 03:24 PM
Maxt
Second Gear

What I drive: something green
Posts/Day: 0.31

quote:

Originally posted by 90_Shelby
Maxt, when do we get to see pictures of your Viper?

Delivery is mid July, the Canadian cars are some of the last down the line. Also I was told they were getting carbon with visual defects in it, so the cars with exposed carbon were put to the side waiting for blemish free wings and what not.
I can't remember where I saw it, but the demon apparently has lower braking distances than the viper.

Old Post 04-15-2017 03:40 PM
Maxt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxt Click here to Send Maxt a Private Message Visit Maxt's homepage! Find more posts by Maxt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SKR
First Gear

What I drive: Trucks and junk

quote:

Originally posted by rage2

If you have a lack of lateral grip in the rear, you probably want the level of grip to match in the front if you don't want a drift mahine.

Yeah I don't imagine you'd want different tires on the front. I guess that's the way to have the car as close as possible to race trim on the street, as opposed to having regular street tires front and back and having the rears shipped to you with the skinny fronts.

Old Post 04-15-2017 03:51 PM
SKR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SKR Click here to Send SKR a Private Message Find more posts by SKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:18 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Ifyouknowyouknow 2018 Dodge Demon

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: