Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > In-ceiling speakers

Author
Thread
nagooro
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 100%

In-ceiling speakers quote:

In the process of building a home and have decided to put some speakers in the ensuite bathroom and living room/kitchen area on the main floor.

After some quick googling, I am leaning towards the ones below, but I am open to other suggestions.

Is there any reason to go with an 8" rather than a 6.5"?

Was thinking of doing the 6.5" in the bathroom since its a smaller space and the 8" in the living room/kitchen (9ft ceilings).

I will connect these to a Sonos Amp.

Thanks for any input.

RC60i 6.5"

Polk RC80i 8"

Last edited by nagooro on 05-18-2017 at 10:07 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-18-2017 07:21 AM
nagooro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nagooro Click here to Send nagooro a Private Message Find more posts by nagooro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I got these...and prefer them to the RC60s I had. I went 8 inch. Depends on the size of your space and the height of ceilings. I'm happy that I did. Although they are significantly larger in the ceiling. I think I had to do an 11" hole for them?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c...=1&format=2

Also, I would skip Sonos and get a mult-channel amp and chromecast audios. Much more sophisticated setup.

Old Post 05-18-2017 07:31 AM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

agreed on the no sonos. I almost went that route but decided to do a receiver etc. I went with visions brand soundstage speakers and triple sub.

I searched and reviewed and listened to a shit ton and for the price and sound quality out of them, I'm very happy. however, a lot of people have these monoprice ones and haven't been disappointed.

edir: I didn't realize you had the polk as an option, so did I ( albeit maybe not the same model, I don't remember) but I listened to the polk and soundstage back to back and the soundstage blew them away and were half the price.

Last edited by 03ozwhip on 05-18-2017 at 02:38 PM

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:35 PM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (30)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

for value you cant beat the monoprice gear

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:58 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Dont forget Cat6 cable as well while youre in there. One day that cable might be useful for other things besides network.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:01 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Go with Monoprice for the in-ceiling speakers and get all your cable/wire there (plus extras) while you're at it since it's unbelievably cheap even with the exchange rate.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:58 PM
Mitsu3000gt is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigShow
First Gear

What I drive: Corvette
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Went with sets of these and they sound incredible, you can come listen to my setup if you're curious.

https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/products/...g-speakers.html

Old Post 05-19-2017 03:34 AM
BigShow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigShow Click here to Send BigShow a Private Message Find more posts by BigShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:03 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > In-ceiling speakers

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: