Quantcast
Interesting unique fact or experience about you - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting unique fact or experience about you

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

So just after turning 18 in a small southern Alberta town I decided to go to the movies (two screen theatre) and went to see "Hot Dog-The Movie".
    There were only a handful of people in the theatre so I sat right in the middle.
    Before the opening previews a couple sat right beside me-she sat on my right and he on her right. Recall her wearing a fur coat-it was winter after all. And unusual as there were lots of seats to choose from.
    Movie starts and turns out she likes to make comments during the movie-but to me not her companion. So after a bit of this she bumps my leg with her foot-she is sitting cross legged. I move it over a bit and she bumps it again. Then she starts rubbing her foot against my leg.
    Being the greasy kid I was back then I didn't know whether to shit or wind my watch. After about 30 minutes of this happening I grow a pair and sneak my hand over to her leg.
    She then gets up and excuses herself presumably to the restroom. Oops! my bad!
    Comes back carrying her coat and takes her seat. Mentions how cold the theatre is and covers herself with a coat like a blanket. And back to work on my leg! So I get bold and go further than before-under the convenient cover of the coat.
    At this point I am freaking out-it's like Penthouse Forum in this backwater town! And I have know idea what is going on in the movie-and couldn't care less.
    After a bit I feel her hand on my thigh! Woowza! A little higher and then BAM! the house lights come on and the movie lets out.
    Briefly talked to her on the way out but have no recollection of what I said. And good thing I had a longer jacket on.
    Never saw her again either and in a small town almost everyone knows everyone.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

In high school I met Vicente from the taco time commercials. Dude is a phoney, doesn't have an acent and is not very Mexican it seemed. We were excited when he visited the store, but within a minute it was awkward and he awkardly left the store
    Last edited by NoPulp; 04-20-2017 at 07:37 AM.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

I have naturally slanted molars, they do not lie flat.

Which makes it really easy to tear apart tough foods because its basically like having incisors in my entire mouth.

In a former life, I might have been some sort of wolf or shark.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Last edited by Type_S1; 04-21-2017 at 12:14 AM.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

A few years ago I got to experience undertow in a large open body of water too far from shore for anyone to hear me. I was with my family but the wife & kids stayed close to shore. I had no idea something like this occurred in the area so it wasn't even on my radar. I was using a ring style floatie and just bobbing along when I realized I could feel current pulling at my feet and I was getting further from shore. I was vertical so it was no big deal, just swing my feet up and start gently kicking towards shore. Nope...still going out. At this point I really had to focus to stay calm so I slipped out of the floatie and had to swim with some pretty solid effort for longer than I would like to make progress back towards shore.

To be able to see the wife & kids near the shore but to be too far for them to hear me was very unnerving.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I have naturally slanted molars, they do not lie flat.

Which makes it really easy to tear apart tough foods because its basically like having incisors in my entire mouth.

In a former life, I might have been some sort of wolf or shark.
    That's really cool actually.

Originally posted by rage2
    Back in Sept 2005, me and 2 other beyonders had the FBI fly to Calgary, accompanied by the RCMP as well as an investigator for a digital security company and paid us a visit at the office. We were told they've been hunting us down for years and finally figured out who we were after busting someone pretty high up in the food chain. Yup, we got NARC'd, FBI came to our office and disrespected us.

After coming to our homes and sifting through our computers, only thing they found were some hilarious pictures of us posing in front of said digital security company, basically rubbing it in their faces. They ended up taking the pictures and hanging it in their office as a trophy as they finally "caught" us.

I ended up being an expert witness for the FBI on several cases. They would regularly contact me for advice on some high profile hacking cases, at times paying us a visit in Calgary. US DOJ would send me e-tickets and hotel bookings to testify at cases, but the cases would end up in plea bargain and I never had to actually go, which would have been a pretty cool story in itself. Ended up being pretty friendly with the FBI, they would call me from the courts after a verdict was read to let me know of the results before it hit the press.
    This is entertaining. In some really high profile hacking cases its the secret service who does the investigations not the fbi. #themoreyouknow

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    A few years ago I got to experience undertow in a large open body of water too far from shore for anyone to hear me. I was with my family but the wife & kids stayed close to shore. I had no idea something like this occurred in the area so it wasn't even on my radar. I was using a ring style floatie and just bobbing along when I realized I could feel current pulling at my feet and I was getting further from shore. I was vertical so it was no big deal, just swing my feet up and start gently kicking towards shore. Nope...still going out. At this point I really had to focus to stay calm so I slipped out of the floatie and had to swim with some pretty solid effort for longer than I would like to make progress back towards shore.

To be able to see the wife & kids near the shore but to be too far for them to hear me was very unnerving.
    Sounds like you were caught in a rip current

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Unique experience: One time I held a dying helicopter pilots head in my hands, keeping it straight while the medic performed CPR.

Unique fact: I've had the same employer for 15 years, since graduating SAIT, and I'm the only person in my class of 22, to never have been laid off, or quit to leave the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My father has had a pretty interesting life and it's left me with a bizzare possible future experience. He fucked his way across Canada for 30 years and as far as we know he's had 12 kids, but it could be more. Mostly with different women, and once he'd go the women would swear to never want anything to do with him again. He has never mentioned it to me or my full sister other than the half brother we met a few times and one he lives near now. My mom knows bits and pieces about others but for us 3 it's been very vague. As far as we've been able to piece together most of us don't know each other, and there's a strong possibility that some of the older ones have no idea that any of us younger ones exist (I think I'm second youngest, who knows). He's been trying to reconnect with everyone before he dies, so the lady that's helping him theoretically knows everything. So possibly one day we'll all find out what exactly is what, or even weirder there might be a lot of really awkward conversations at his funeral

I never thought about it much before reading some of the posts here, but there's a shit ton of half siblings, nieces and nephews out there. This is turning into a bit of a mind fuck for me right now lol

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Experience:

I got hit by a car...twice lol.

First time I was 6. A women who was late for a wedding (or church, I don't remember) was ripping through Temple NE in her car and struck me while I was crossing the street. Flew about 6-7 feet in the air landing on her hood only for me to fly off it as she slams on her brakes. Head split open, fractured a couple bones and got road rash on my face and arms. I may have been dead or knocked out for a bit (not sure if you can temporarily die), I only remember waking up in the hospital. My parents saw and experienced the whole ordeal. I got bunch of money when I turned 18.

Second time I was 20 living in Victoria for school. I was walking to the movie store to return a rented videogame. I was crossing the street. A lady that was turning into the street I was crossing was checking for incoming traffic looking away from me, all the while proceeding forward at the same time. Without looking, she plows right into me. I roll over her hood (werd to Uncover Brother) and fall flat on the road. She screams, rolls down her window, breaks into tears and apologizes. I could have done something about it, but I couldn't be bothered with it during finals so I got up, told her I was fine and walked away.

A couple randomly unique facts:
    I met Muhammad Ali and his family at the Barrett Jackson Auction in Scotsdale. In a Vegas night club for the Marquez/Pacquaio II after party, I got drunk and told APL.DE.AP of the Black Eyes Peas he was short.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 04-21-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    Experience:

I got hit by a car...twice lol.

First time I was 6. A women who was late for a wedding (or church, I don't remember) was ripping through Temple NE in her car and struck me while I was crossing the street. Flew about 6-7 feet in the air landing on her hood only for me to fly off it as she slams on her brakes. Head split open, fractured a couple bones and got road rash on my face and arms. I may have been dead or knocked out for a bit (not sure if you can temporarily die), I only remember waking up in the hospital. My parents saw and experienced the whole ordeal. I got bunch of money when I turned 18.

Second time I was 20 living in Victoria for school. I was walking to the movie store to return a rented videogame. I was crossing the street. A lady that was turning into the street I was crossing was checking for incoming traffic looking away from me, all the while proceeding forward at the same time. Without looking, she plows right into me. I roll over her hood (werd to Uncover Brother) and fall flat on the road. She screams, rolls down her window, breaks into tears and apologizes. I could have done something about it, but I couldn't be bothered with it during finals so I got up, told her I was fine and walked away.

A couple randomly unique facts:
    I met Muhammad Ali and his family at the Barrett Jackson Auction in Scotsdale. In a Vegas night club for the Marquez/Pacquaio II after party, I got drunk and told APL.DE.AP of the Black Eyes Peas he was short.
    Damn dude, sorry to hear that! I've been hit 3 times while cycling, first time when I was 4 years old and the other two times as an adult. I thankfully didn't have injuries anywhere near as bad as your first accident though.

My Ride
    something green

I puked for hours after smoking a J with some friends 27 years ago, and to this day, I can't stand the smell of marijuana, it's enough of a mental trigger that it just instantly turns my stomach. Which is probably why to some extent, that I am not a big fan of it being legalized, I'll end up carrying around a barf bucket with me full time.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by FixedGear

Damn dude, sorry to hear that! I've been hit 3 times while cycling, first time when I was 4 years old and the other two times as an adult. I thankfully didn't have injuries anywhere near as bad as your first accident though.
    Glad it didn't affect my quality of life afterwards, and the first accident paid for school lol
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Cool thread with some amazing stories. My contribution:

In my early 20's i dove thru the front bay window (buck naked in Jan -30 weather) of someones house, from the outside in.
    Don't want to go into too much detail but it took 4 ems to get me under control and strapped to a stretcher. I caused 30k insurance claim damage inside the house because i was fighting and my arm was cut half open down to the bone, along with both my wrists. Blood was everywhere.

Nothing criminal was involved, i was actually with friends, they had already called the ambulance before this took place. Took me over a year to recover.

Life changing no doubt, i see those scars every day...never touched any kind of chemical really after that, 38 now.

took a bit of courage to post that lol

AB Cars/Beyond guys ended up being my next group of friends, and still to this day
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

I got a free trip to SF (and $$$) to play in a televised video game tournament back in 2006

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

Growing up every summer my father and I would go to Prince Rupert and visit my uncle, who owned a very nice fishing boat and would spend 2weeks fishing out on the ocean making our way up the coast to Alaskan waters. We would fish for salmon and halibut with rod and reel and drop crap pots along the way and pick them up on the return trip.

Second to last time we did this trip we managed to catch a 76" 312lb halibut. At the time you had to register halibut catches with fish and wildlife upon getting back to dock and they told me it was the biggest of the season. Took around 6 hours to reel him in. We had no way to transport the fish whole so we processed him right at the dock and was offered 150$ for the remains (guess they make soup out of the carcass)

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Of course spending that much time out on the ocean lots of other notable things would happen like whales breaching beside the boat to crazy storms that would throw the boat in the air. Even got into a gun fight over a stolen crab pot...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by legendboy
    snip
    Wow, that's crazy. The shit we can do when fucked up hey? Good ending at least!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Witnessed a stabbing with the rest of my family...right in front of us, we were partially involved in the whole thing.

Back some 15 or so years ago (guessing here), on a Friday night, I was living with my parents in Braeside Townhouse and at about 4 AM someone rang our door bell. I went down to see what's up, and it was our neighbor telling us that someone just hit our car, which was parked right in front of the garage in front of our townhome. I went out and in the dark didn't see any damage. The neighbor told us that it was the car that was parked right across at guest parking. I said there is no damage, the car is old, and told her not to worry. Started walking back and saw a group of teens walking in the dark towards us, and they asked us "Did someone hit your car?". I said yes, but nothing to worry about. At this point the rest of the family wakes up and comes downstairs.

At this point, the teens, a guy and a girl, say they know who's car that is, and they will go an get them from a different downhouse, about 6 or so units away from us. At this point, the driver of the car that hit ours comes out, drunk, with a bunch of other people from the house party. He denies hitting our car, and was going to get in the car and drive away....but noticed that someone spit at his car. Guessing there is some history between him and one of the guys who told us they knew the driver, so they started fighting...all I remember is something like "you fucking spit on my car"....so the fight starts...and the guy who went to get the driver ends up being stabbed...multiple times, all over the body, in the neck, and in the head.

At this point some of the teens take the stabbed guy to the house as he's running on adrenaline..and the stabber gets in the car and tries to drive away. The girls from the party get in front of the car and prevent him from moving, screaming something like "you are fucking going to jail".....anyways, sometime during all of this the teens scream to call the cops...so my sister called 911. The cops came....Hawks was above lighting the whole area.....had to do a police statement in our home in the middle of the night. At some point we all went back inside, and I went back to sleep as I had to work. In the morning the whole area around our house was taped up, couldn't get the car out of the garage ect. I think I heard something in the news later about the guy, I don't know if he ever made it.

That's about the craziest thing that has ever happened to me. Wonder if anyone on here knows about this.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

^^For some reason, your story reminded me of these...

Back in 2001, I was headed to Vegas for the world championships in billiards after a stellar year in competition play, I managed to earn a spot. The night before I was going to fly down, I was doing some emailing when I heard the back door to the house open and close. Only my dad and I lived there, and he was already sleeping as it was like 1:00am... I snuck down the stairs ready to clobber someone when I realized that someone was in the bathroom right beside the back door. I waited quietly for about 2 mins for them to come out. I hear the toilet flush and the door knob starts to turn. I cock my fist back ready to knock the ever loving shit out of someone, but this chick come out and my fist stops about 3 inches from her face, and she lets out a squeal. She is so fucking smashed she can barely stand. I kick her out of the house, she climbs in a car, and I call the cops while she drives off with someone else. Cops came to take my statement, and it just appears she really needed to use the bathroom, and my house was as good as any... They found her about 4 blocks away in North Haven parked at another random house.

the second time, I was living in Bowness and came home to find my door open...I told my ex to get back in the truck and call 911. I stood quietly on the landing, listening. Heard something downstairs, so I quietly walked down the stairs, peeked my head around the corner to see some tweaker lifting my computer tower out of my desk. This part is a bit of a blur, but I guess I tackled the guy, got into a bit of a wrestling match and ended up on top of him and started raining down blows. Apparently, the cops were already in the area looking for the guy. Next thing you know, I got tackled, and instinctively, I swung and cold clocked this chick. It was then I knew I fucked up. She was in full CPS uniform. in that moment of realization is when I got tackled a second time by her partner and got roughed up pretty good. Everything got cleared up as to who was the bad guy, and that I was the homeowner, and after about a million apologies to the female CPS member, I had my shiny bracelets removed and didn't get charged. She sure had the start of an epic shiner though.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast