Quantcast
Interesting unique fact or experience about you - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting unique fact or experience about you

My Ride
    G37X

Further to my interesting unique fact, this is my Grandpa. He died as a hero and starred in a Disney movie.

The story of his death helps explain why I do not trust/respect engineers implicitly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-21-2017 at 11:48 PM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Don't listen to that clown Hallowed_point, Konj. You posted an interesting story and I enjoyed reading it. He's probably butthurt your life was way more real than his ever will be.

Example of his mindset:
    Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Nope..I'm no hater. I've seen first hand what happens to silver spoon kids. Anything I make is 100% from my efforts..mommy and daddy didn't give me a leg up with free schooling, down payment, car or anything like that. Could they have? Yep...but I have respect for myself at the end of the day. How many of you can say yes to all of that? That's my dick measuring lol

Calling a Ferrari a rarri..can that be said without sunglasses on in da club wearing an all white douche track suit? Rarri bro..u can't afford it ya schmuck!
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/the-down...=&pagenumber=8

I had a lot of friends from Yugoslavia growing up in elementary/jr. high, wonder if we ever crossed paths haha.

Back on topic:
    When I used to work in computer sales, Ralph Klein came in to buy a printer. He complained about the recycling fees, and it was his government who introduced them, lol.

Bret Hart came into the store to buy an ethernet cable. Got his signature on the invoice.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Probably not that big..
    I know negging when I see it

I race cars and am sometimes on TV. Photo from end of 2015, featured on TSN, 3rd overall

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Got a ton of airtime last year at the end of season event, the Big White Winter Rally. Unfortunately, our car setup was awful The video is actually where my brake pedal went to the floor right before a sharp off camber downhill corner, not my best moment! I'll spare you the interview Hoping there will be more as the season progresses, just had another sponsor sign on

My Ride
    G37X

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 04-19-2017 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

You don't know f all, goof. I'm not butthurt about shit. As if you've never posted anything silly before. I've retired from my days of trolling people here. Much more chill these days.
    Still an interesting story nonetheless, and it wasn't a humble brag.

And yes, looks like you matured a bit based on your reply.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Disoblige

Still an interesting story nonetheless, and it wasn't a humble brag.

And yes, looks like you matured a bit based on your reply.
    Don't fuck with me and I'm as sweet as pie

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

OK, here's a weird one which probably sounds unbelievable, but it is what it is....

When I was 8, we went to Disneyland. It was our last day there, and at the end of the night I guess they have this big parade but they were late starting it so my father was in a shitty mood and tired after a long day walking around the grounds.

He spewed out a few sentences to state his displeasure, and I knew exactly what he was going to say about two seconds before he said it. Now, I'm not talking about generally knowing what he was going to say, but I mean word-for-word, I whispered to myself the exact words he said, when he said them - like reading a script. Roughly along the lines of:

"This is stupid. I don't know why they schedule the parade and then make us sit here and wait all this time. It's like everything here at Disneyland... waiting and lineups. I just want to get back to the hotel, as we have a long drive ahead of us to Eureka tomorrow". (Knowing he was going to say Eureka was particularly odd, since I had no sense of geography and to me, eureka was simply an expressive term. ie: "Eureka!" I found out the next day it is a little shithole of a town on the west coast about half a day's drive from Disneyland.

It was the freakiest thing ever, and was absolutely more than just a sense of deja vu. It was obvious he wasn't pleased, but to know exactly a series of words like this, word-for-word was just outright impossible - yet it was happening. It was at this point as a young pup I realized that there is a lot more to life and this universe than we as man could ever possibly explain.

This happened to a lesser degree a few times over the following year, and then eventually never happened again.

Believe it..... or not.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

FTFY

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Weird........or what?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by vengie
    I assume you're still quite heavily involved in IT and cyber security?
    IT yes, cyber security, not so much. The shitty thing with hacking/cyber security is you make a lot of enemies online, and I spent years hiding my online identity. It wasn't an easy thing to do seeing as we ran a car forum and started getting on the news here and there. Remember when my name used to be censored here? That was my attempt to hide my true identity in the early days of beyond.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Hope those etickets werent for United, witness tempering on a whole different level.
    Looks like Delta was the preferred airline for the DOJ.

Still haven't been to Philly yet, would like to go to try a Philly cheesesteak haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    changes every year

well, my 8 year old just told me to calm my tits. so there that.

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2
    Still haven't been to Philly yet, would like to go to try a Philly cheesesteak haha.
    Sounds like a 4 day weekender in the making!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Trucks

While living in Phoenix, my friends and I were drunk as shit from partying all night in a gated residential community when we found the demolition blue prints for the old General Hospital in Calgary. This was months before it was announced they were going to blow it up. Talk about a random occurrence while out of country.

IT yes, cyber security, not so much. The shitty thing with hacking/cyber security is you make a lot of enemies online, and I spent years hiding my online identity. It wasn't an easy thing to do seeing as we ran a car forum and started getting on the news here and there. Remember when my name used to be censored here? That was my attempt to hide my true identity in the early days of beyond.

Wow that's terrifying... Very cool though! I had no idea.

My Ride
    NC1

good job rage. you tell a cool story and then back it up with proof.
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

A few years ago my dad received a Facebook message from a random guy asking him if he had ever been with a lady named "shelly" in the early 1980's...

Turns out my dad had knocked up his ex gf right before they broke up, she never told him and gave him up for adoption. Me new half brother eventually he tracked my dad down via Facebook.

The crazy thing is, my dad, being an old guy, doesn't have his Facebook private. So, my new brother, had been creeping his Facebook for 2 years before he decided to say something. He didn't want to cause any problems in our lives.

Fast forward to today, we are very close, he lives in BC and we see each other a few times a year and speak on a weekly basis.

Crazy how we didn't grow up together, but we share similar personality traits and mannerisms.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by dezmarez
    A few years ago my dad received a Facebook message from a random guy asking him if he had ever been with a lady named "shelly" in the early 1980's...

Turns out my dad had knocked up his ex gf right before they broke up, she never told him and gave him up for adoption. Me new half brother eventually he tracked my dad down via Facebook.

The crazy thing is, my dad, being an old guy, doesn't have his Facebook private. So, my new brother, had been creeping his Facebook for 2 years before he decided to say something. He didn't want to cause any problems in our lives.

Fast forward to today, we are very close, he lives in BC and we see each other a few times a year and speak on a weekly basis.

Crazy how we didn't grow up together, but we share similar personality traits and mannerisms.
    That's a really cool story. You gotta respect a guy for not wanting to stir shit up and laying low but at the same time you gotta feel for him for wanting to know more about where he came from. How was he received by your family and did he ever locate his mom? And how did he track down your dad?

My Ride

snipparoo
    That's awesome. I dated a girl who is adopted and that desire to know the people/story is a difficult thing to see always there, funny the ways that it can come to the surface. It's nice he was able to find a welcoming environment and some mental closure.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

^^^^ He was received with open arms by our family. I think the biggest concern was for my mom, as this is a child from another woman coming into our lives. But she is the most loving person I know and welcomed him into our family.

It's crazy it took him that long to reach out after finding my dad, but I can understand the struggle he had. It wasn't until his late 20's that he started looking for both my dad and his mom. In the end I think it gave him what he was looking for.

He was able to locate his mom as well around the same time, her name was on his birth certificate, but she kept my dads name off. The way he tracked my dad down was on one of the adoption papers, his name was listed and he just went through Facebook sending messages out for a couple of years. When he found my dad, he knew right away he was the guy. They look more alike than my dad and I.

Funny thing, when we first met in Calgary, it was like we had known each other for years. Crazy situation. He ended up coming to my wedding in Mexico and moved to Calgary for a bit to get to know all of us better.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

snip.
    That's awesome.

Exact same thing happened with my Uncle. Knocked up some girl way back when, she got preggo, never told him.

Fast forward like 40 years, and she comes out of the blue, and he already has grown children and all that. I am not real close with that side of my family, but from what I understand, they welcomed her in, but I dont know how much contact there is.

Flip side, my dad and his ex wife adopted my brother Patrick. A few years later, they split, and my dad eventually married my mom. We were all pretty close, and Patrick came out from Toronto regularly to visit. Once my dad died, my brother has cut off all contact tho...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Trouble finding anything to say without sounding like I'd be bragging about my life or the stupid shit I got away with.

But dezmerez experience strikes a note for me and I fear that I will encounter a similar scenario as I grow older.

My dad was raped by his wife while he was terminally ill (there was just no physical way he could of willingly had sex in the condition he was in) and she managed to have a child right before he passed away so she could milk him for everything he had. My sisters and I have absolutely ZERO contact with said step mother or child. I know at some point that kiddo is going to wonder who her dad was and where she came from.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast