Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Interesting unique fact or experience about you

Author
Thread
ianmcc
First Gear

What I drive: 94 SN95, 00 V6 Focus
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

So just after turning 18 in a small southern Alberta town I decided to go to the movies (two screen theatre) and went to see "Hot Dog-The Movie".
There were only a handful of people in the theatre so I sat right in the middle.
Before the opening previews a couple sat right beside me-she sat on my right and he on her right. Recall her wearing a fur coat-it was winter after all. And unusual as there were lots of seats to choose from.
Movie starts and turns out she likes to make comments during the movie-but to me not her companion. So after a bit of this she bumps my leg with her foot-she is sitting cross legged. I move it over a bit and she bumps it again. Then she starts rubbing her foot against my leg.
Being the greasy kid I was back then I didn't know whether to shit or wind my watch. After about 30 minutes of this happening I grow a pair and sneak my hand over to her leg.
She then gets up and excuses herself presumably to the restroom. Oops! my bad!
Comes back carrying her coat and takes her seat. Mentions how cold the theatre is and covers herself with a coat like a blanket. And back to work on my leg! So I get bold and go further than before-under the convenient cover of the coat.
At this point I am freaking out-it's like Penthouse Forum in this backwater town! And I have know idea what is going on in the movie-and couldn't care less.
After a bit I feel her hand on my thigh! Woowza! A little higher and then BAM! the house lights come on and the movie lets out.
Briefly talked to her on the way out but have no recollection of what I said. And good thing I had a longer jacket on.
Never saw her again either and in a small town almost everyone knows everyone.

Same applies to stupid.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2017 12:24 AM
ianmcc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ianmcc Click here to Send ianmcc a Private Message Find more posts by ianmcc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

In high school I met Vicente from the taco time commercials. Dude is a phoney, doesn't have an acent and is not very Mexican it seemed. We were excited when he visited the store, but within a minute it was awkward and he awkardly left the store

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Last edited by NoPulp on 04-20-2017 at 02:37 PM

Old Post 04-20-2017 02:33 PM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

I have naturally slanted molars, they do not lie flat.

Which makes it really easy to tear apart tough foods because its basically like having incisors in my entire mouth.

In a former life, I might have been some sort of wolf or shark.

Old Post 04-21-2017 04:10 AM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Type_S1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Last edited by Type_S1 on 04-21-2017 at 07:14 AM

Old Post 04-21-2017 06:44 AM
Type_S1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Type_S1 Click here to Send Type_S1 a Private Message Find more posts by Type_S1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
Posts/Day: 0.53

quote:

A few years ago I got to experience undertow in a large open body of water too far from shore for anyone to hear me. I was with my family but the wife & kids stayed close to shore. I had no idea something like this occurred in the area so it wasn't even on my radar. I was using a ring style floatie and just bobbing along when I realized I could feel current pulling at my feet and I was getting further from shore. I was vertical so it was no big deal, just swing my feet up and start gently kicking towards shore. Nope...still going out. At this point I really had to focus to stay calm so I slipped out of the floatie and had to swim with some pretty solid effort for longer than I would like to make progress back towards shore.

To be able to see the wife & kids near the shore but to be too far for them to hear me was very unnerving.

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

www.touchstoneinsurance.ca

Old Post 04-21-2017 04:14 PM
Masked Bandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.23

quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps
I have naturally slanted molars, they do not lie flat.

Which makes it really easy to tear apart tough foods because its basically like having incisors in my entire mouth.

In a former life, I might have been some sort of wolf or shark.

That's really cool actually.

Old Post 04-21-2017 04:49 PM
Hallowed_point is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gwill
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
Back in Sept 2005, me and 2 other beyonders had the FBI fly to Calgary, accompanied by the RCMP as well as an investigator for a digital security company and paid us a visit at the office. We were told they've been hunting us down for years and finally figured out who we were after busting someone pretty high up in the food chain. Yup, we got NARC'd, FBI came to our office and disrespected us.

After coming to our homes and sifting through our computers, only thing they found were some hilarious pictures of us posing in front of said digital security company, basically rubbing it in their faces. They ended up taking the pictures and hanging it in their office as a trophy as they finally "caught" us.

I ended up being an expert witness for the FBI on several cases. They would regularly contact me for advice on some high profile hacking cases, at times paying us a visit in Calgary. US DOJ would send me e-tickets and hotel bookings to testify at cases, but the cases would end up in plea bargain and I never had to actually go, which would have been a pretty cool story in itself. Ended up being pretty friendly with the FBI, they would call me from the courts after a verdict was read to let me know of the results before it hit the press.

This is entertaining. In some really high profile hacking cases its the secret service who does the investigations not the fbi. #themoreyouknow

Old Post 04-21-2017 05:13 PM
gwill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gwill Click here to Send gwill a Private Message Find more posts by gwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hampstor

What I drive: GMC
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
A few years ago I got to experience undertow in a large open body of water too far from shore for anyone to hear me. I was with my family but the wife & kids stayed close to shore. I had no idea something like this occurred in the area so it wasn't even on my radar. I was using a ring style floatie and just bobbing along when I realized I could feel current pulling at my feet and I was getting further from shore. I was vertical so it was no big deal, just swing my feet up and start gently kicking towards shore. Nope...still going out. At this point I really had to focus to stay calm so I slipped out of the floatie and had to swim with some pretty solid effort for longer than I would like to make progress back towards shore.

To be able to see the wife & kids near the shore but to be too far for them to hear me was very unnerving.

Sounds like you were caught in a rip current

Old Post 04-21-2017 06:01 PM
hampstor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hampstor Click here to Send hampstor a Private Message Find more posts by hampstor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Unique experience: One time I held a dying helicopter pilots head in my hands, keeping it straight while the medic performed CPR.

Unique fact: I've had the same employer for 15 years, since graduating SAIT, and I'm the only person in my class of 22, to never have been laid off, or quit to leave the industry.

Old Post 04-21-2017 08:00 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Antonito
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

My father has had a pretty interesting life and it's left me with a bizzare possible future experience. He fucked his way across Canada for 30 years and as far as we know he's had 12 kids, but it could be more. Mostly with different women, and once he'd go the women would swear to never want anything to do with him again. He has never mentioned it to me or my full sister other than the half brother we met a few times and one he lives near now. My mom knows bits and pieces about others but for us 3 it's been very vague. As far as we've been able to piece together most of us don't know each other, and there's a strong possibility that some of the older ones have no idea that any of us younger ones exist (I think I'm second youngest, who knows). He's been trying to reconnect with everyone before he dies, so the lady that's helping him theoretically knows everything. So possibly one day we'll all find out what exactly is what, or even weirder there might be a lot of really awkward conversations at his funeral

I never thought about it much before reading some of the posts here, but there's a shit ton of half siblings, nieces and nephews out there. This is turning into a bit of a mind fuck for me right now lol

Old Post 04-22-2017 04:48 AM
Antonito is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Antonito Click here to Send Antonito a Private Message Find more posts by Antonito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (41)

quote:

Experience:

I got hit by a car...twice lol.

First time I was 6. A women who was late for a wedding (or church, I don't remember) was ripping through Temple NE in her car and struck me while I was crossing the street. Flew about 6-7 feet in the air landing on her hood only for me to fly off it as she slams on her brakes. Head split open, fractured a couple bones and got road rash on my face and arms. I may have been dead or knocked out for a bit (not sure if you can temporarily die), I only remember waking up in the hospital. My parents saw and experienced the whole ordeal. I got bunch of money when I turned 18.

Second time I was 20 living in Victoria for school. I was walking to the movie store to return a rented videogame. I was crossing the street. A lady that was turning into the street I was crossing was checking for incoming traffic looking away from me, all the while proceeding forward at the same time. Without looking, she plows right into me. I roll over her hood (werd to Uncover Brother) and fall flat on the road. She screams, rolls down her window, breaks into tears and apologizes. I could have done something about it, but I couldn't be bothered with it during finals so I got up, told her I was fine and walked away.

A couple randomly unique facts:
I met Muhammad Ali and his family at the Barrett Jackson Auction in Scotsdale. In a Vegas night club for the Marquez/Pacquaio II after party, I got drunk and told APL.DE.AP of the Black Eyes Peas he was short.

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Last edited by JordanEG6 on 04-22-2017 at 05:38 AM

Old Post 04-22-2017 05:27 AM
JordanEG6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Originally posted by JordanEG6
Experience:

I got hit by a car...twice lol.

First time I was 6. A women who was late for a wedding (or church, I don't remember) was ripping through Temple NE in her car and struck me while I was crossing the street. Flew about 6-7 feet in the air landing on her hood only for me to fly off it as she slams on her brakes. Head split open, fractured a couple bones and got road rash on my face and arms. I may have been dead or knocked out for a bit (not sure if you can temporarily die), I only remember waking up in the hospital. My parents saw and experienced the whole ordeal. I got bunch of money when I turned 18.

Second time I was 20 living in Victoria for school. I was walking to the movie store to return a rented videogame. I was crossing the street. A lady that was turning into the street I was crossing was checking for incoming traffic looking away from me, all the while proceeding forward at the same time. Without looking, she plows right into me. I roll over her hood (werd to Uncover Brother) and fall flat on the road. She screams, rolls down her window, breaks into tears and apologizes. I could have done something about it, but I couldn't be bothered with it during finals so I got up, told her I was fine and walked away.

A couple randomly unique facts:
I met Muhammad Ali and his family at the Barrett Jackson Auction in Scotsdale. In a Vegas night club for the Marquez/Pacquaio II after party, I got drunk and told APL.DE.AP of the Black Eyes Peas he was short.

Damn dude, sorry to hear that! I've been hit 3 times while cycling, first time when I was 4 years old and the other two times as an adult. I thankfully didn't have injuries anywhere near as bad as your first accident though.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Old Post 04-22-2017 12:24 PM
FixedGear is online now Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxt
Second Gear

What I drive: something green
Posts/Day: 0.31

quote:

I puked for hours after smoking a J with some friends 27 years ago, and to this day, I can't stand the smell of marijuana, it's enough of a mental trigger that it just instantly turns my stomach. Which is probably why to some extent, that I am not a big fan of it being legalized, I'll end up carrying around a barf bucket with me full time.

Old Post 04-22-2017 01:11 PM
Maxt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxt Click here to Send Maxt a Private Message Visit Maxt's homepage! Find more posts by Maxt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (41)

quote:

Originally posted by FixedGear

Damn dude, sorry to hear that! I've been hit 3 times while cycling, first time when I was 4 years old and the other two times as an adult. I thankfully didn't have injuries anywhere near as bad as your first accident though.

Glad it didn't affect my quality of life afterwards, and the first accident paid for school lol

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Old Post 04-24-2017 06:12 PM
JordanEG6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

Cool thread with some amazing stories. My contribution:

In my early 20's i dove thru the front bay window (buck naked in Jan -30 weather) of someones house, from the outside in.
Don't want to go into too much detail but it took 4 ems to get me under control and strapped to a stretcher. I caused 30k insurance claim damage inside the house because i was fighting and my arm was cut half open down to the bone, along with both my wrists. Blood was everywhere.

Nothing criminal was involved, i was actually with friends, they had already called the ambulance before this took place. Took me over a year to recover.

Life changing no doubt, i see those scars every day...never touched any kind of chemical really after that, 38 now.

took a bit of courage to post that lol

AB Cars/Beyond guys ended up being my next group of friends, and still to this day

https:[email protected]

Old Post 04-25-2017 05:26 PM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tcon

What I drive: EVO / WRX / DRZ
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

I got a free trip to SF (and $$$) to play in a televised video game tournament back in 2006

Old Post 04-26-2017 06:22 AM
tcon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tcon Click here to Send tcon a Private Message Find more posts by tcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:49 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Interesting unique fact or experience about you

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: