Quantcast
JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread. - Page 63 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1279

Thread: JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Nice, learn something new everyday!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Big thanks to Jaymez and all the other people in this thread who have contributed. I just received an email from the RIV this morning confirming that I have succesfully completed the RIV Program and I can expect my sticker soon AB Plates already on the car too.

The process was far, far easier than I thought it would be, maybe it's because I read through this entire thread and took notes and have been doing research for the last 8 months but regardless the process was super simple. For anyone that is hesitant on importing a car there is no reason to be. It did help that I was imporing an almost new CPO (certified pre-owned) car but on the other hand the dealership I dealt with didn't have any experience with selling to Canadians so I just had to stay on top of them to get me all of the documents I needed to export/import.

Thanks again beyond

Wow, great information here! Heading south later this week.

Hi Jaymez,
    Great write up thanks. Just a question regarding the "at the border section". You mention - "- Tax - Yup you have to pay 7%(6% now) on what the car is worth DO NOT LIE ABOUT THIS , THEY WILL INVESTIGATE IF THEY THINK YOU ARE LIEING. "

I thought all that had to be paid was the import fee, excise fee, duty if applicable, and GST? Which tax are you referring to? I brought in our van, know I paid GST, the import fee, and the a/c bs. Is this other tax something new?

Thanks

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

He's talking about GST. You're fine.

I heard BMW and Mercedes have made it harder to import cars from the US.

Do I just follow the exact same steps or do I have to take it the mercedes dealership.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Unless I am unaware, it is the same as it has been for years... you do whatever you normally would to import it.

However, in order to keep the warranty (if there is any) intact, Mercedes has the right to demand ridiculous amounts of money for stupid modifications like cluster swaps, etc. I don't think I would recommend importing from the US if you expect to retain warranty for MB.

Not sure if BMW is the same, but I do recall they were demanding cluster changes at one point as well.

I know Mercedes also required bumper modifications to retain warranty. Now that we're harmonized, not sure if they still need that.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Bump. Sorry if this has been asked before, but 63 pages seems like a lot to go through, lol... if only one could search individual threads on Beyond

If it's 15+ years old, can you take it through anytime in a 24/7 border crossing, since it isn't part of the RIV program?
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 07-26-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Bump has anyone imported in awhile? We want to head down (Yes I know $ sucks) and bring back a truck... I can't see the documents I need to fill out and send..anyone have a more updated link
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

While I havent done it in a few years, i dont think anything has changed.
    vehicle export worksheet can be found here:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...3D/suggested/1

Fax the title(signed)/bill of sale/ worksheet) to US customers. call ahead to make sure its ready for export. Then go through Canadian customers. Simple as that.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    While I havent done it in a few years, i dont think anything has changed.
    vehicle export worksheet can be found here:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...3D/suggested/1

Fax the title(signed)/bill of sale/ worksheet) to US customers. call ahead to make sure its ready for export. Then go through Canadian customers. Simple as that.

Thanks, haven't exported a car in a few years ago, thank god for this thread!
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    ute

I'm going to be purchasing a car from Carmax in Utah and driving it back. Carmax does not appear to want to finalize the transaction until I am there in person.

So the question:

Is there any way to get the title and everything to the border before I purchase the car? Or will I need to hang out in Utah for 3 days before coming back after faxing the docs to the border once complete at the store?

Originally posted by Kobe

Thanks, haven't exported a car in a few years ago, thank god for this thread!
    Also, this (updated to May of 2013) site is decent for information, look to the page bottom for links: http://www.monsieurmaggot.com/Autoimporthome.html

My Ride
    ute

Is there a shuttle or bus service that travels between Sweetgrass and Calgary?

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

Originally posted by Buster
    I'm going to be purchasing a car from Carmax in Utah and driving it back. Carmax does not appear to want to finalize the transaction until I am there in person.

So the question:

Is there any way to get the title and everything to the border before I purchase the car? Or will I need to hang out in Utah for 3 days before coming back after faxing the docs to the border once complete at the store?
    If they wont do the title processing before hand, you've got no other option but to complete it in person, and wait the 3 days. Weekends don't count either - has to be business days.

As for your other question about shuttles? None that I've heard of. I was there one night at Sweetgrass when a guy show up with his new Cayenne, didn't have the paperwork in place, so he hailed a cab from lethbridge and left the Porsche on the US side for 3 days.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Buster

So the question:

You have to hang for the 72 hours. Just go to Vegas for a few days, make a vacation out of it!
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Eclipse

Meh We ended up sending the Paperwork @ 4:55pm on Thrusday afternoon and we crossed on Saturday morning (We decided to risk it) paperwork was finished and we had no issues, I made sure to call Sweetgrass first and verify they had the paperwork. The lady told me we need to cross on Monday as well.

Just don't forget to go to the US side first and get the title stamped, i've fucked that up both times now..

It went smoothly.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Kobe

Just don't forget to go to the US side first and get the title stamped, i've fucked that up both times now..

Yes, cause if you don't and try to go back, expect the US border officer to be a huge dick and think you're smuggling people/drugs. Haha they detained me for 2 hours while they tried to figure out if I had in fact just forgot to get my title stamped. Fun times.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Bump. Sorry if this has been asked before, but 63 pages seems like a lot to go through, lol... if only one could search individual threads on Beyond

If it's 15+ years old, can you take it through anytime in a 24/7 border crossing, since it isn't part of the RIV program?
    For future reference, the answer is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Exploded.

BUMP, is there any reputable car brokers that are willing to deal with the hassle and just meet me at the border?

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 LastLast