Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > landscaping

Author
Thread
syscal
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 98%

landscaping quote:

Looking for recommendations for a landscape company. We need someone capable of checking and fixing the grading. Thanks in advance.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-2014 06:57 PM
syscal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for syscal Click here to Send syscal a Private Message Find more posts by syscal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

mr2mike
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

http://www.rockbottom-landscaping.com

Old Post 04-07-2014 05:27 PM
mr2mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr2mike Click here to Send mr2mike a Private Message Find more posts by mr2mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I wanted to make a thread but I don't want to get flamed for having a similar request.

Anyone have any recommendations for a landscaper to do an entire backyard (new build) Including fence, top soil, leveling, sod and possibly a deck.

It's a pretty big yard, I'll post a picture and dimensions up later. Trying to figure out the cost so I can arrange a budget. Would possibly be a joint effort with neighbors too (for fence)

Old Post 04-08-2014 07:30 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX

What I drive: EP3, S2K & TLX
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by hurrdurr
I wanted to make a thread but I don't want to get flamed for having a similar request.

Anyone have any recommendations for a landscaper to do an entire backyard (new build) Including fence, top soil, leveling, sod and possibly a deck.

It's a pretty big yard, I'll post a picture and dimensions up later. Trying to figure out the cost so I can arrange a budget. Would possibly be a joint effort with neighbors too (for fence)

For reference you can expect to double the material cost to have someone build a fence for you. We built ours (and 3 neighbors) for $20/ft. (did everything but dig the holes) and all the quotes we received for someone to build were $35/ft and up. Building a fence is pretty damn easy BTW.

Sodding a yard is dead simple. Get a load of fresh dirt and some sod delivered, push the dirt around till it's flat and draining how you want and roll the sod out. Pretty much impossible to mess up.

Old Post 04-08-2014 07:48 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN
Posts/Day: 0.17

quote:

Ryan, I'll send you a pic of the backyard, I have no interest in rolling around in dirt to get that shit done lol.

In hindsight this does sounds easy but I don't want to hear it from the old lady if it's not perfect

Old Post 04-08-2014 07:58 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InRich
Banned

What I drive: Super Car(s)
Posts/Day: 0.45
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 87%

quote:

Give Erik a call 403 708-0952
Tell him Rich sent ya, they'll give u a good deal

Old Post 04-08-2014 08:12 PM
InRich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InRich Click here to Send InRich a Private Message Find more posts by InRich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chongkee_
Neutral

What I drive: golfR
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

BUMP.

Looking for a landscaping company to do front and backyard(new build) for top soil, leveling, sod, and a deck.

At the moment I only have Blue Lake Contracting only because one of my neighbors used them. Anyone else have experience with them?

Rock Bottom Landscaping still pretty good?

Looking to get a few quotes.

Thanks.

Old Post 02-02-2017 02:14 PM
chongkee_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chongkee_ Click here to Send chongkee_ a Private Message Find more posts by chongkee_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

What I drive: TDi
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

+ 1 looking to do the same with my backyard.. Thanks for bumping this as I was wanting to create a new thread

Going through homestars, are these any good?

Assiniboine Lights & Landscapes
Chinook Landscaping
New Look Landscapes

Old Post 02-02-2017 03:33 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blindsight

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Last edited by blindsight on 03-09-2017 at 05:15 AM

Old Post 02-02-2017 04:39 PM
blindsight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blindsight Click here to Send blindsight a Private Message Visit blindsight's homepage! Find more posts by blindsight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by blindsight

We used Assiniboine for a full backyard grading, brick patio, and brick pathway . Wish we'd gone with someone else. Our work looks nothing like their brochure.

Well.. shit.. I was just going to call them today too. Thanks for the heads up!

Old Post 02-02-2017 04:47 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JfuckinC
Second Gear

What I drive: CRF450R, Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.39

quote:

Try Blue aspen http://blueaspen.ca/ Their stone work is

Old Post 02-02-2017 05:16 PM
JfuckinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JfuckinC Click here to Send JfuckinC a Private Message Find more posts by JfuckinC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truesdk

What I drive: 2013 Ford F-150
Posts/Day: 0.00

quote:

I had my yard done through Decade 90 and it looks fantastic. I had them install artificial turf and you cant even tell its fake, they also made me a small putting green

Their website: http://decade90.com

Old Post 02-13-2017 01:15 PM
truesdk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truesdk Click here to Send truesdk a Private Message Visit truesdk's homepage! Find more posts by truesdk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffh
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.09

quote:

Speaking of decade90, i purchased a piece of artificial turf from them for my dog to do his business on. Easy company to deal with, gave me a good price, as it was extra stock.

Old Post 02-13-2017 05:20 PM
jeffh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffh Click here to Send jeffh a Private Message Find more posts by jeffh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyL
Second Gear

What I drive: 4x4
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

http://www.maklandscaping.ca
Fwiw I may have known one of the owners his entire life

That said - get references check past clients etc...

Last edited by AndyL on 02-13-2017 at 06:12 PM

Old Post 02-13-2017 06:05 PM
AndyL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyL Click here to Send AndyL a Private Message Visit AndyL's homepage! Find more posts by AndyL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

For fence and deck work, I'm pretty sure Spikers does that stuff.
If anyone is in Cranston, I know a guy who does that kind of building on the side, but he probably won't travel to other parts of town. PM me for his info.

Old Post 02-13-2017 06:08 PM
ExtraSlow is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chongkee_
Neutral

What I drive: golfR

quote:

Hey 403ep3, have you received quotes yet from the guys you've contacted?
I'm having trouble getting a response from some of these guys.

So far these are the ones that has responded:

Rock Bottom Landscaping: Just provided a quote via email without looking at the property. quote me $10k (PT deck).

Chinook landscapes: They told me they only service SW and West of the city. I'm in the NW so these guys are out.

Blue Aspen: Guy went over to have a better look at the property. He asked for an RPR as well before he can provide a quote. That was 2 days ago, hoping to receive a response from his soon. Seems to be pretty good to deal with so far.

I have contacted the other landscaping companies mentioned in this thread a week ago with the exception of Assiniboine and so far they haven't responded back to me.

Old Post 02-23-2017 04:30 PM
chongkee_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chongkee_ Click here to Send chongkee_ a Private Message Find more posts by chongkee_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by chongkee_
Hey 403ep3, have you received quotes yet from the guys you've contacted?
I'm having trouble getting a response from some of these guys.

So far these are the ones that has responded:

Rock Bottom Landscaping: Just provided a quote via email without looking at the property. quote me $10k (PT deck).

Chinook landscapes: They told me they only service SW and West of the city. I'm in the NW so these guys are out.

Blue Aspen: Guy went over to have a better look at the property. He asked for an RPR as well before he can provide a quote. That was 2 days ago, hoping to receive a response from his soon. Seems to be pretty good to deal with so far.

I have contacted the other landscaping companies mentioned in this thread a week ago with the exception of Assiniboine and so far they haven't responded back to me.

I contacted:

Assiniboine: They are okay.. not sure if I will end up going with them. The quote came when he said he would have it ready though.

Blue Aspen: He came on Saturday and said he would have a quote for Tuesday.. still nothing

Kay2: Had our quote the next day and looks to have a bit better value than Assiniboine.

They all wanted the RPR. I'm curious what Blue Aspen will quote us, but his timeline =

Old Post 02-23-2017 04:43 PM
403ep3
Second Gear

quote:

Bump

Has anyone ever negotiated with landscaping companies? Is this a thing with these guys or probably not?

Old Post 03-10-2017 03:07 PM
The time now is 03:44 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > landscaping

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: