Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Looking for some CO2

Author
Thread
spike98
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 93%

Looking for some CO2 quote:

So I picked up a kegerator to maximize my beer intake for the summer and I can't seem to find a place to fill my CO2 bottle. Paintball places max out at 20oz. Liquor stores have no idea. Canadian tire doesnt do it anymore. I'm at a loss.

Praxair said they would do it but for $60 and it's takes 3 days.

There has to be some home Brewers or guys with keg systems that get it in small quantities.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2017 01:30 AM
spike98 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spike98 Click here to Send spike98 a Private Message Find more posts by spike98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Sprouse Fire & Safety but it takes a week.

Old Post 05-06-2017 01:39 AM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Where did you get your kegerator? I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in the answer.

Old Post 05-06-2017 02:33 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Buy beer gas, do it right.

Old Post 05-06-2017 02:38 AM
Darell_n is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyL
Second Gear

What I drive: 4x4
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Wasn't it coke bottling plant up by sunridge that did co2 fills?

Old Post 05-06-2017 03:04 AM
AndyL is online now Click Here to See the Profile for AndyL Click here to Send AndyL a Private Message Find more posts by AndyL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Isn't beer gas only for things like Guinness? Even so, where can you buy beer gas?

Old Post 05-06-2017 03:26 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z24_wheels

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

I fill my 10 lb CO2 tank for my keezer at Sprouse for $27. Plus the girl at the front desk is hawt. It took 3 days for my last fill.

Old Post 05-06-2017 04:57 AM
z24_wheels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z24_wheels Click here to Send z24_wheels a Private Message Find more posts by z24_wheels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spike98
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Where did you get your kegerator? I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in the answer.

Picked it up on Amazon. It's by Danby. Seems well constructed. It's a complete kit. You can build one yourself but it's my first jump into something like this and just wanted to keep it simple. They also sell the same one at Costco on thier website

Originally posted by Darell_n
Buy beer gas, do it right.

It messes with the beer and is likely a lot more expensive.

Originally posted by z24_wheels
I fill my 10 lb CO2 tank for my keezer at Sprouse for $27. Plus the girl at the front desk is hawt. It took 3 days for my last fill.

After a bit of research, the vinyard does a swap. I might give them a shot but I might pop into Sprouse to price check....you know to be thorough.

Old Post 05-06-2017 02:41 PM
spike98 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spike98 Click here to Send spike98 a Private Message Find more posts by spike98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

If you rent or lease a tank from them, Praxair should swap it on the spot. That's the problem with owning your own tank.

Old Post 05-06-2017 02:56 PM
Darell_n is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Sprouce I think is the only food grade in town... haven't filled my in years though, but they didn't like my tank and I had to get a new one from them... same day turn around though

Old Post 05-06-2017 04:32 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

What I drive: Ford, Acura, Harley
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)

quote:

We run beer gas in ours at work because that is what the guys at BBS systems recommended when they converted once of our lunch room fridges into a kegerator

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Old Post 05-10-2017 04:26 PM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TurboMedic
First Gear

What I drive: '09 Sport Trac Adrenalin, '08 Triumph Daytona
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

I get my tanks filled at Innovative Fire and Safety, formerly the Recharge Center, at 5622 Burleigh Crescent SE #5. I think it was around $30, I pay extra to do the swaps instead of driving back. C02 is majorly overpriced here in Calgary. FWIW I recall the tanks the Vineyard swaps are just sent there as well, so you're cutting out the middleman

Old Post 05-10-2017 04:54 PM
TurboMedic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TurboMedic Click here to Send TurboMedic a Private Message Find more posts by TurboMedic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spike98
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Im going to drop by Innovative this afternoon. The guy over a kegworx recommended them. He was super helpful. Wont be going to the Vineyard for anything. When i spoke to him, he sounded like a pretentious douche and was rude.

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:12 PM
TurboMedic
First Gear

What I drive: '09 Sport Trac Adrenalin, '08 Triumph Daytona
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

Originally posted by spike98
Im going to drop by Innovative this afternoon. The guy over a kegworx recommended them. He was super helpful. Wont be going to the Vineyard for anything. When i spoke to him, he sounded like a pretentious douche and was rude.

Yah, don't use the Vineyard for anything at all. Been in there a couple of times where the owners were on the brink of killing each other, yelling in the back, swearing at each other, etc. Plus they've never been overly helpful or friendly to customers, just business in and out.

On the other hand, Grapes to Glass, which is closer to my house, caters to the beer crowd much better. Really helpful, the owner is usually always there and is personable, gives advice, has a great grain room with selection plus a mill (if you don't have one), tons of stock. Better business all day long

Old Post 05-11-2017 01:45 AM
TurboMedic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TurboMedic Click here to Send TurboMedic a Private Message Find more posts by TurboMedic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero102
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

I'll second staying away from the vineyard - I have called them 3 times looking for things and they were rude as fuck, condescending and totally unpleasant to deal with.

I personally use the recharge center (who have apparently changed their name since the last time I was in there). They were super friendly and when there was a problem getting a valve for my 50 year old tank they gave me a free loaner until it came in. They're kinda out of the way but I would gladly deal with them again.

Originally posted by Vagabond142
Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Old Post 05-11-2017 03:45 AM
Zero102 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zero102 Click here to Send Zero102 a Private Message Find more posts by Zero102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:15 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Looking for some CO2

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: