Quantcast
Review: Touchstone Insurance - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Touchstone Insurance

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

+1 for Bill. Great guy, even went to bat for me once when an insurance co. needed a witness on some documents pertaining to a claim.

Have been dealing with him since he was with Diamond Brokers. Got him as a recommendation from the Ground Pilots forum for the bike initially but ended up amalgamating everything into his office for the same reasons as Andy.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

I also have my car insured through Bill. He is a great guy to deal and explains/answers all of my questions. As previously mentioned he is prompt with his responses and his voice makes him sound like a real smooth operator over the phone.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

i just got my Renewal Policy and they took me down a pretty awesome amount a year because i turned 25. I didn't even have to ask!

These guy's are GREAT.

I think i had Darren help me out last year, hooked me up with insurance on a friday afternoon before a long weekend! Couldn't have been happier.

My Ride
    Skateboard

+1 for Bill. He went through all my policies and determined that it was IN my best interest to stay put. Honest guy for sure.

My Ride
    changes every year

i migrated to bill a few years ago for everything i have and will continue to have, he now has my family insured and alot of my friends insured, i refer him to everyone BUT HE NEVER GIVES ME DISCOUNTS LOL thanks bill!

I'm with touchstone also, darren's been amazing the past year. However I have to get my rates adjusted, i'm a -12 on the grid and my plpd is 100 bucks a year, with 30 years of age 14 years of driving experience and no accidents/clean record. price seems wrong compared quotes i've got from other places, but that's minor!

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Default Re: Review - Touchstone Insurance (Masked Bandit)

Originally posted by AndyL
    So previous agent, and 2 who were quoting us - were making the same mistake... Apparently our insurance - was basically for a miners shack; Maybe he can explain better, but we were being insured for 1300sqft total, instead of 2600sqft. So if the house had burned down/flooded/destroyed by a meteor, we'd be covered for half the house. Nowhere near enough to actually even replace even the basics...
    I don't agree with this but maybe Bill can confirm what he meant.

Majority of home insurance policy has guaranteed replacement cost coverage. Your house will be fully replaced even if the cost to do so is more than the amount of insurance protection you have purchased as long as the reconstruction replacement value is determined, and accepted by the insurance company. (I am not talking about the sq ft mistake here...)
    Last edited by guessboi; 03-01-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Re: Re: Review - Touchstone Insurance (Masked Bandit)

Originally posted by guessboi

I don't agree with this but maybe Bill can confirm what he meant.

Majority of home insurance policy has guaranteed replacement cost coverage. Your house will be fully replaced even if the cost to do so is more than the amount of insurance protection you have purchased as long as the reconstruction replacement value is determined, and accepted by the insurance company. (I am not talking about the sq ft mistake here...)
    I guess you've never seen Wawanesa ignore the GRC then and push it back on the broker as E & O and have the insured try to recover in court eh? Oh ya, it happens. It's one thing to be out on a dwelling by $10,000 - $20,000 but 50%? That's asking for trouble. Maybe you're comfortable trying to pass that stuff off on your clients but I sure am not.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by Dalking
    I'm with touchstone also, darren's been amazing the past year. However I have to get my rates adjusted, i'm a -12 on the grid and my plpd is 100 bucks a year, with 30 years of age 14 years of driving experience and no accidents/clean record. price seems wrong compared quotes i've got from other places, but that's minor!
    Are you sure about that clean record part? Check PM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Are you sure about that clean record part? Check PM.
    Yep! Pulled my 3 year today, 0 demerits and no tickets on record. We'll be talking when renewal comes up in april so I can get another year outta you guys

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

+1 for Touchstone

I switched over 2 cars and my house to Touchstone Ins. in 2012 on beyond's recommendation - Bill was able to save me around $300 / year over TD MM.

My Ride
    Lease

Switched a few of my parent's 20+ year policies to Bill/Touchstone this year too. Really good communication.

Bill's got a sexy radio-like voice, would like to see him answering the phone with "affleckkkk" and end the conversation with "we are farmers, bam pa rum pa rum pa rum"

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Yeah Touchstone seems damn solid. Of ALL the insurance providers I've been with over the years, none is nearly as good as them. Basically I have three vehicles through them, and I'll be paying $1000/year, including full coverage on my DD car.
    I just waiting for my policy to be up with State Farm for my bike in July, then I'll switch it over as well.
    Darren has been very good and very easy to work with. I've never met Bill though. So far with State Farm my bike insurance (just liability) is $350, with Touchstone it'll be $200.

I recommended a buddy over to him (he's in his early 20's with a new liter bike and a new truck) and he saved $600 on the bike, and $1400 on the truck.

Last edited by Graham_A_M; 03-01-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Switched a few of my parent's 20+ year policies to Bill/Touchstone this year too. Really good communication.

Bill's got a sexy radio-like voice, would like to see him answering the phone with "affleckkkk" and end the conversation with "we are farmers, bam pa rum pa rum pa rum"

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

I've heard nothing but good things about Masked Bandit and Touchstone, especially here and on Ground Pilots, my only problem is that when I called up and talked to both Bill and Darren, neither one could match or beat the rates I was getting for both my car, bike, trailer and contents insurance.

As much as I want to support a local vendor with my business, I also don't want to pay more to do it, especially when I've never had a claim and a clean speeding record.

Jason

My Ride
    Nothing

He wouldn't insure a McLaren for $500 ... -1,000 cool points.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I recently just switched over to Touchstone and have been dealing with Darren and Bill. Amazing customer service, and answer questions/emails so fast.
    I switched over from TD Melonche Monnex and saved almost $800. I thought I had the best deal with TD but boy was I wrong.

Will be going with them for house insurance soon.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ I used to be with TD for 5 years..... yeah their a joke.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    VAG products

Always used touchstone for my motorcycles. Easy, fast, no hassle, great price. Not much else you can ask for imo good guys!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast