Quantcast
Mexico and Money - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Mexico and Money

Pesos is a much better conversion for us now. At 16.5 pesos for $1 CAD, it really goes a long way especially when you buy stuff from the local supermarkets or liquor stores. I too do not bother with USD when I am in Mexico.

I'm in Mexico with another couple and we are all sick as fuck. Its day 1 .That's all

b-b-b-b-b-bump

Heading to mexico in a few days myself, and I still really havent seen the question answered of how much $$ to bring typically? My gf was suggesting ~400$USD but is that overkill? I was thinking more like ~200$USD in small bills for tips and maybe convert ~100$USD to Pesos (whatever that conversion is currently) for restaurants and such? That seem reasonable or not enough?
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If you want pesos why not just convert right to them here so you don't get hit with fees twice?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

We used to just take USD to Cabo, but started noticing that things would be cheaper paying in Pesos, based on local shops/restaurants conversions, and the US rates, so we've been taking mostly Pesos the last few times. Most of the people we know that live there also suggest the same. Now, that's Cabo, can't speak for other places. Cancun, PV may be different as they're more touristy.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by chkolny541
    b-b-b-b-b-bump

Heading to mexico in a few days myself, and I still really havent seen the question answered of how much $$ to bring typically? My gf was suggesting ~400$USD but is that overkill? I was thinking more like ~200$USD in small bills for tips and maybe convert ~100$USD to Pesos (whatever that conversion is currently) for restaurants and such? That seem reasonable or not enough?
    You basically pay for everything with cash, except for big purchases. Even at restaurants, its not like you use your debit card. You'll go through a surprising amount of cash if leaving your hotel/resort a lot and doing things like eating out/having drinks.

I'd bring pesos, the Mexicans screw you on conversion rate when bartering for stuff because they don't think you know any better. Know the conversion rates, and if they only have prices listed in USD, ask for price in peso and bargain from there.

I think $400usd equivalent in pesos would be the minimum for two people personally. Of course, nothing stopping you from taking an advance out at a machine

My Ride
    G37X

We went to Banamex in Cancun and took out 4000-5000 pesos every couple of days. The charge was somewhere between $ 6 - $ 12 nothing crazy. I would recommend cash only, specifically pesos only.

I spent 2 months in Mexico this winter and found that CI Bank was the best place to take out money with the highest withdrawal limit of 7000 pesos per transaction. It was a plus machine and was costing $5.00 CAD through RBC and if I remember correctly 27pesos (~$2CAD) to CI Bank per transaction.

Apparently card skimming is a big problem down there so inspect the machine carefully before using for any external devices on the card slot and check out this link: http://qroo.us/2016/09/20/tips-to-av...ers-in-mexico/

thanks for the info! also, a little more off topic but has anyone done any deep sea fishing in the tulum/akumal area? Any recommendations? Was thinking about hitting up Capt Ricks but the reviews are hit and miss
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3