Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Mexico and Money

Author
Thread
cloud7
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Pesos is a much better conversion for us now. At 16.5 pesos for $1 CAD, it really goes a long way especially when you buy stuff from the local supermarkets or liquor stores. I too do not bother with USD when I am in Mexico.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2017 04:46 PM
cloud7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cloud7 Click here to Send cloud7 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Dumbass17
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

I'm in Mexico with another couple and we are all sick as fuck. Its day 1 .That's all

Old Post 01-13-2017 12:42 AM
Dumbass17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dumbass17 Click here to Send Dumbass17 a Private Message Find more posts by Dumbass17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chkolny541
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

b-b-b-b-b-bump

Heading to mexico in a few days myself, and I still really havent seen the question answered of how much $$ to bring typically? My gf was suggesting ~400$USD but is that overkill? I was thinking more like ~200$USD in small bills for tips and maybe convert ~100$USD to Pesos (whatever that conversion is currently) for restaurants and such? That seem reasonable or not enough?

Originally posted by Modelexis
If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.

Originally posted by D911
worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.

the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Old Post 03-15-2017 10:50 PM
chkolny541 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chkolny541 Click here to Send chkolny541 a Private Message Find more posts by chkolny541 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 79cx500 01UCF31
Posts/Day: 1.52
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

If you want pesos why not just convert right to them here so you don't get hit with fees twice?

Old Post 03-15-2017 11:14 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Penguin
Neutral

What I drive: '10 CTS
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

We used to just take USD to Cabo, but started noticing that things would be cheaper paying in Pesos, based on local shops/restaurants conversions, and the US rates, so we've been taking mostly Pesos the last few times. Most of the people we know that live there also suggest the same. Now, that's Cabo, can't speak for other places. Cancun, PV may be different as they're more touristy.

Old Post 03-15-2017 11:20 PM
The_Penguin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Penguin Click here to Send The_Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by The_Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28

quote:

Originally posted by chkolny541
b-b-b-b-b-bump

Heading to mexico in a few days myself, and I still really havent seen the question answered of how much $$ to bring typically? My gf was suggesting ~400$USD but is that overkill? I was thinking more like ~200$USD in small bills for tips and maybe convert ~100$USD to Pesos (whatever that conversion is currently) for restaurants and such? That seem reasonable or not enough?

You basically pay for everything with cash, except for big purchases. Even at restaurants, its not like you use your debit card. You'll go through a surprising amount of cash if leaving your hotel/resort a lot and doing things like eating out/having drinks.

I'd bring pesos, the Mexicans screw you on conversion rate when bartering for stuff because they don't think you know any better. Know the conversion rates, and if they only have prices listed in USD, ask for price in peso and bargain from there.

I think $400usd equivalent in pesos would be the minimum for two people personally. Of course, nothing stopping you from taking an advance out at a machine

Old Post 03-15-2017 11:47 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Second Gear

What I drive: 14 Accord 6-6 J35Y1
Posts/Day: 1.17

quote:

We went to Banamex in Cancun and took out 4000-5000 pesos every couple of days. The charge was somewhere between $ 6 - $ 12 nothing crazy. I would recommend cash only, specifically pesos only.

Old Post 03-16-2017 03:54 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMDUBS
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

I spent 2 months in Mexico this winter and found that CI Bank was the best place to take out money with the highest withdrawal limit of 7000 pesos per transaction. It was a plus machine and was costing $5.00 CAD through RBC and if I remember correctly 27pesos (~$2CAD) to CI Bank per transaction.

Apparently card skimming is a big problem down there so inspect the machine carefully before using for any external devices on the card slot and check out this link: http://qroo.us/2016/09/20/tips-to-a...mers-in-mexico/

Old Post 03-16-2017 05:56 PM
BMDUBS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMDUBS Click here to Send BMDUBS a Private Message Find more posts by BMDUBS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chkolny541
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51

quote:

thanks for the info! also, a little more off topic but has anyone done any deep sea fishing in the tulum/akumal area? Any recommendations? Was thinking about hitting up Capt Ricks but the reviews are hit and miss

Originally posted by Modelexis
If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.

Originally posted by D911
worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.

the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Old Post 03-16-2017 06:28 PM
chkolny541 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chkolny541 Click here to Send chkolny541 a Private Message Find more posts by chkolny541 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Mexico and Money

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: