Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Mother Of All Bombs dropped.

Author
Thread
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

They supposedly made about 15 of them.

Whatever they said was the cost is probably a lie either way.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2017 09:21 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

I believe there is a video of it. It is the most boring video you could possibly imagine, blowing up some rocks and soil - is astoundingly anti-climactic.

Not to sound too much like a terrorist but: This is why evil people who blow up stuff is way more media friendly. They actually blow up stuff that people recognize like landmarks that have been standing for centuries.

I mean comeon already, just drop the MOAB on Assads palace, lol.

Old Post 04-14-2017 09:24 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OTown
Neutral

What I drive: '15 Tacoma TRD DCLB
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Its a show of force and destruction of ISIS fortifications. I dont know why everyone is up in arms about it - its in the middle of nowhere with very little civilian collateral damage. The size of the bomb was needed to have the power to destroy the tunnels. I see no issues with this.

Old Post 04-14-2017 09:37 PM
OTown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OTown Click here to Send OTown a Private Message Find more posts by OTown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by OTown
Its a show of force and destruction of ISIS fortifications. I dont know why everyone is up in arms about it - its in the middle of nowhere with very little civilian collateral damage. The size of the bomb was needed to have the power to destroy the tunnels. I see no issues with this.

The MOAB is not a fortofication tunnel bomb. The MOP is.

The moab is mainly for surface or very near surface, and has a blast area 0f 8km2. Only 36 dead.

The only point of the bomb was to announce, pussy Obama is gone, we will fuck you up if you keep fucking with us.

Last edited by Gestalt on 04-14-2017 at 10:02 PM

Old Post 04-14-2017 09:44 PM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyL
Second Gear

What I drive: 4x4
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

There's the one I wanted - yesterday they were playing a stupid test video in the desert.

Yup that's a big boom! Lol!

Old Post 04-14-2017 11:16 PM
AndyL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyL Click here to Send AndyL a Private Message Visit AndyL's homepage! Find more posts by AndyL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Tony Stark - "They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once."

Old Post 04-14-2017 11:44 PM
rx7boi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt

The MOAB is not a fortofication tunnel bomb.

It's designed to crush underground tunnels and bunkers through the massive overpressure that is generated upon detonation.

Old Post 04-14-2017 11:49 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

The MOAB is not a fortofication tunnel bomb. The MOP is.

The moab is mainly for surface or very near surface, and has a blast area 0f 8km2. Only 36 dead.

This coming from the guy who said it cost $312mil

Did you at least hit google up for these stats or just pull them outta your ass like everything else?

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 04-15-2017 01:02 AM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Only eight square km? Weak sissy-ass bomb.

Old Post 04-15-2017 01:58 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

In defense of Trump: If I ever got into power, one of the first things I would do is drop a bomb.

Yup.

Just to make sure it isn't made of cottage cheese. I mean, if you are inheriting a horse that you are charged with running you at least have to run it around to track once to see if it can make it.

Just like if I inherited a Space Shuttle, I'd fly it to the moon at least once to see if it can.... Whoops.

There are a lot of lies out there, perpetuated within and without.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-15-2017 at 01:23 PM

Old Post 04-15-2017 01:08 PM
Gestalt

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

This coming from the guy who said it cost $312mil

Did you at least hit google up for these stats or just pull them outta your ass like everything else?

Check it out. All true.

This was guaranteed an announcement, and nothing else. People interviewed in the area thought the world was ending. Struck the fear of Allah into them.

Big deal I made a mistake. That was development cost.

Old Post 04-15-2017 04:20 PM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:

quote:

Look at that spelling.

Old Post 04-15-2017 04:21 PM
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Look at that spelling.

Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 04-15-2017 04:56 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ipeefreely
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

How do you respond to stupid?
Originally posted by rage2
Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
Originally posted by Seth1968
Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

Old Post 04-15-2017 06:28 PM
ipeefreely is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ipeefreely Click here to Send ipeefreely a Private Message Find more posts by ipeefreely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

OR

Old Post 04-15-2017 11:47 PM
Gman.45

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

It's not really a show of force to the DPRK, as the delivery method is a special operations MC130 Transport, which would be very unlikely used to deliver a strike vs the NKs.

MOABs primary mission is to destroy soft to medium rated targets on the surface, or just below the surface. It's not a dedicated armored underground bunker/tunnel buster, not like the MOP penetrators, or the previous GBU 28 bombs made out of old arty barrels which will punch through to great depth prior to detonating. In fact, it's possible that many of those killed were due to suffocation, as the weapon consumes all the local oxygen, sucks it right out of the caverns/tunnels, and it takes a while for it to return.

Last edited by Gman.45 on 04-16-2017 at 12:47 AM

Old Post 04-16-2017 12:16 AM
Gman.45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gman.45 Click here to Send Gman.45 a Private Message Find more posts by Gman.45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:25 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Mother Of All Bombs dropped.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: