Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Nastiest things to clean.

Author
Thread
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

Nastiest things to clean. quote:

So in old person wisdom, I have come across the things that are the nastiest things in the house that need to be kept clean.

#1 Dishwasher pump cap. At the bottom of the dishwasher is usually one or two mushroom like appendages. One may be as simple as lifting up to remove, one may be secured with a single screw. Underneath that cap - can have the nastiest buildup of ewwww.

#2 Drip pan for refriderator. Again, usually hidden behind a removeable grate. If you haven't cleaned it out in a while, it can grow things that start creeping out of it.

#3 Ring around the clothes washer. Gotta go deep and get really in there to clean out that one.

Toilet? Psssh, its designed to be relatively easy to clean. Worthy mention: automatic coffee maker.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2017 02:50 PM
ZenOps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Shower drain... my wife has hair like that creep thing from the grudge. Its literally like pulling a roll of barbed wire out.

Rear differential with contaminated fluid, looks like shit, smells like death.

Old Post 05-11-2017 03:07 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by civic_stylez
Shower drain... my wife has hair like that creep thing from the grudge. Its literally like pulling a roll of barbed wire out.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01BYMTYBS

Cleaning out the drip pan of the BBQ is pretty nasty?

Old Post 05-11-2017 03:13 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

I have three females in the house. Can tell its time when the water starts to back up every so slightly while showering.

Worst job ever, I have to wear rubber gloves, a niosh mask and use tools haha germaphobe. Looks like a slimy dead rat that comes out in pieces

https:[email protected]

Old Post 05-11-2017 04:21 PM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxx Mazda
First Gear

What I drive: Protege 5 Turbo / Ecoboost FX4
Posts/Day: 0.18
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Shower drain for sure. That thing is fucking evil.

Old Post 05-11-2017 04:37 PM
Maxx Mazda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxx Mazda Click here to Send Maxx Mazda a Private Message Find more posts by Maxx Mazda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaeden

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01BYMTYBS

Cleaning out the drip pan of the BBQ is pretty nasty?

I picked up one of those a few months ago. Totally worth it.

Old Post 05-11-2017 04:49 PM
jaeden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jaeden Click here to Send jaeden a Private Message Find more posts by jaeden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quick_scar
First Gear

What I drive: Has either 2 or 4 wheels
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 94%

Re: Nastiest things to clean. quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps

#3 Ring around the clothes washer. Gotta go deep and get really in there to clean out that one.

Ignore that ring. The bad part is the trap most HE washers have behind the panel at the bottom. Most dont know there is a trap down there, but my god can it get nasty.

Old Post 05-11-2017 05:42 PM
quick_scar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quick_scar Click here to Send quick_scar a Private Message Find more posts by quick_scar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
never
FKA no|uno

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Living rural...the septic tank is pretty bad. But I guess it's not technically in the house...just close and connected to it.

Old Post 05-11-2017 05:56 PM
never is offline Click Here to See the Profile for never Click here to Send never a Private Message Find more posts by never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ee2k

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
User Rating: 98%

quote:

The smell on the shower drain ... nothing more vile.

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:04 PM
ee2k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ee2k Click here to Send ee2k a Private Message Find more posts by ee2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShermanEF9
Second Gear

What I drive: '13 F150 King Ranch, 99 Civic SiR
Posts/Day: 0.40
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

After working in a prison and replacing things in solitary confinement... nothing seems so bad anymore.

reason is poo. lots and lots of poo.... as well as jizz and other stuff, but mostly poo.

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:21 PM
ShermanEF9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShermanEF9 Click here to Send ShermanEF9 a Private Message Find more posts by ShermanEF9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Originally posted by ShermanEF9
After working in a prison and replacing things in solitary confinement... nothing seems so bad anymore.

reason is poo. lots and lots of poo.... as well as jizz and other stuff, but mostly poo.

I cant imagine....

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:26 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lee88
Neutral

What I drive: Bus pass
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Unclogging a drain pipe with a snake was pretty nasty for me when it comes to home maintenance cleaning

Old Post 05-11-2017 07:49 PM
lee88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lee88 Click here to Send lee88 a Private Message Find more posts by lee88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raceman6135
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04

Re: Re: Nastiest things to clean. quote:

Originally posted by quick_scar

The bad part is the trap most HE washers have behind the panel at the bottom. Most dont know there is a trap down there, but my god can it get nasty.

Truth!

Had a slow/incomplete drain on the front load washer and it turned out to be more plugged than this, and NASTY smelling:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 05-11-2017 08:46 PM
raceman6135 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raceman6135 Click here to Send raceman6135 a Private Message Find more posts by raceman6135 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)

quote:

This. My wife is losing her hair at an unfortunate rate, and it clogs up the shower drain all the time. It isn't the hair itself that is the most disgusting... it is the "net" it creates and the sludge that builds up. Smells pretty awful.

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 05-11-2017 08:50 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Every drain in our house haha. I have a 6-10inch beard (depending on time of year) and wife has naturally curly long hair. Its a disaster haha

Old Post 05-11-2017 08:58 PM
Dave P is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave P Click here to Send Dave P a Private Message Find more posts by Dave P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tonytiger55

What I drive: Old Honda
Posts/Day: 0.26

quote:

Removing a mouse/guts from the floor. That shit grossssssssss.

Cleaning out a heavily blocked toilet... when its been sitting for a day or two. I mean the shit starts to look like one of those gourmet patties they serve at high end hotels. The smelz... so bad

This thread reminded me of a old reddit post.. I hope you guys dont mind me sharing...
Imagine having to clean up after this?

Doctors/nurses/redditors, what has been your most gory, disgusting or worst medical experience?

Old Post 05-11-2017 09:14 PM
tonytiger55 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for tonytiger55 Click here to Send tonytiger55 a Private Message Find more posts by tonytiger55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocket1k78
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.34

quote:

Ive never experienced contaminated fluid in the rear diff but ill take 10 of those over the shower drain. I still remember the first time i ever did this and it still scares me.

Old Post 05-11-2017 10:11 PM
Rocket1k78 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocket1k78 Click here to Send Rocket1k78 a Private Message Find more posts by Rocket1k78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: fiesta
Posts/Day: 0.93
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Cat piss that seeps into floor trim mouldings and down into the underlay

Old Post 05-11-2017 10:58 PM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

I think the worst thing i have had to clean was my 85yr olds grampas poop.
Poor guy over flowed that toilet and there was shit everywhere. It was also during a family get together. He was calling me from the bathroom.

I just had to giver, no choice

https:[email protected]

Old Post 05-12-2017 12:54 AM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:02 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Nastiest things to clean.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: