Quantcast
Netflix USA - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix USA

My Ride
    bird

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I'm not familiar with using proxies at all, can you set up USvideo on just one Xbox, or do you HAVE to change your router so all your devices are going through them? (I use one xbox for video's/netflix, and another for gaming, and would prefer my computer settings stays on this side of the border)
    You can change just 1 device if you want, I did my whole network since with this service it doesn't slow down your connection like a vpn would. I still get the same pings for online games using usvideo.

My Ride
    bird

Think we tossed out my prepaid visa card. Anyone know how to recover it?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Netflix USA

Originally posted by stealth131

Okay here's the steps:

1. http://usvideo.org/ sign up on there
    2. follow the directions depending on what kind of router you have. It is just editing the dns server under your router page.
    3. go to safeway or such and buy a prepaid visa card.
    4. on the card there is a website, go there and register your card with a usa address. I used a car dealership.
    5. make sure under country you still pick canada.
    6. now when you go on usa netflix it won't say sorry you are not in the usa. You can proceed to sign up.
    7. use the same info you used registering your prepaid visa.
    8. Good to go!

When signing up for the usvideo, you can use a normal visa, or paypal.
    Happy to report, I'm on Netflix USA now.

For clarity, this is the card I bought from Safeway, except I couldn't find any site that you put your address in.

Just for a trial period, after signing up for the 1 week free USVideo, I created a new US Xbox Live account (using a 1 month Gold card I got free with BlackOps I think, and a fake address 123 Fake Street, Great Falls, MT), and 1 month free US Netflix account. The Prepaid credit card got me that far, so I'm going to assume it will automatically deduct from the card in 30 days.

If you're trying this, be sure to note the following, because it took me all afternoon to figure out WTF I was doing wrong (doesn't help that I've been awake for 32 hours straight now, lol)

-Be sure to sign OUT of netflix Canada on your computer, if you already have an account there. Otherwise when you go through USVideo, and try getting onto Netflix USA, an error message pops up, and you can't sign in.

-Change your Primary and Secondary DNS on both your router, and your Xbox. If you don't, Netflix (on xbox) will just keep asking you to sign into a gold account, even if you are.

-If you already have Netflix Can. on your media player (xbox, apple tv, etc.) ERASE the data on the unit. For xbox, there's 3 items under Harddrive->Games->Netflix. It kept going to Netflix Can, with my Can.Live account, even though I was logged into both Live and Netflix under the US accounts.

-You can't have just your xbox with the proxy, at least I don't know how. If I change my router back to normal, and keep the xbox DNS settings as the proxy, Netflix doesn't work at all.

When my Gold trial expires, I'll see if I can use my Canadian Xbox Live account.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Default Re: Re: Netflix USA

Happy to report, I'm on Netflix USA now.

For clarity, this is the card I bought from Safeway, except I couldn't find any site that you put your address in.

Just for a trial period, after signing up for the 1 week free USVideo, I created a new US Xbox Live account (using a 1 month Gold card I got free with BlackOps I think, and a fake address 123 Fake Street, Great Falls, MT), and 1 month free US Netflix account. The Prepaid credit card got me that far, so I'm going to assume it will automatically deduct from the card in 30 days.

If you're trying this, be sure to note the following, because it took me all afternoon to figure out WTF I was doing wrong (doesn't help that I've been awake for 32 hours straight now, lol)

-Be sure to sign OUT of netflix Canada on your computer, if you already have an account there. Otherwise when you go through USVideo, and try getting onto Netflix USA, an error message pops up, and you can't sign in.

-Change your Primary and Secondary DNS on both your router, and your Xbox. If you don't, Netflix (on xbox) will just keep asking you to sign into a gold account, even if you are.

-If you already have Netflix Can. on your media player (xbox, apple tv, etc.) ERASE the data on the unit. For xbox, there's 3 items under Harddrive->Games->Netflix. It kept going to Netflix Can, with my Can.Live account, even though I was logged into both Live and Netflix under the US accounts.

-You can't have just your xbox with the proxy, at least I don't know how. If I change my router back to normal, and keep the xbox DNS settings as the proxy, Netflix doesn't work at all.

When my Gold trial expires, I'll see if I can use my Canadian Xbox Live account.
    I use the Canadian live and it works fine with usa netflix

Yes in 30 days it will start taking off the card.

Sorry I forgot to put the part about deleting and reinstalling netflix on the xbox.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Netflix is retarded, it says they put my card on hold and to update the info... Being smart I now get Netflix USA for free

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Interesting, accidently discovered the usvideo service does more than netflix and hulu. BBC iplayer all of a suddenly works! So for all you top gear junkies, you can watch BBC live in HD, or old episodes, via iplayer.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Fuck i need to do this so i get Gundam haha..

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Originally posted by rage2
    Interesting, accidently discovered the usvideo service does more than netflix and hulu. BBC iplayer all of a suddenly works! So for all you top gear junkies, you can watch BBC live in HD, or old episodes, via iplayer.
    Also get pandora and such too

Update for those wondering : my usa netflix has been working for 3 months now.

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

The visa prepaid card isn't working for me anymore... Netflix is saying my account isn't working and even if update the info it won't work.

I was reading you could use a prepaid card on pay pal but wasn't sure?? Anyone tried it this way.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

I'm not familiar with using proxies at all, can you set up USvideo on just one Xbox, or do you HAVE to change your router so all your devices are going through them? (I use one xbox for video's/netflix, and another for gaming, and would prefer my computer settings stays on this side of the border)
    You can do a single device IF you can change the dns on it. I just did my whole network since it doesn't even effect my online pings.

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

Hey i tried one of the prepaid mastercards but it doesn't seem to work...any way to get around this?
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Troll-ol
    You can do a single device IF you can change the dns on it. I just did my whole network since it doesn't even effect my online pings.
    You know you already answered that question right? Lol.
    Though it doesn't work on xbox. I tried just changing it, leaving my modem settings Canadian, and no go.

My Ride
    If you were smart.. you would know

Originally posted by r0g3r
    Hey i tried one of the prepaid mastercards but it doesn't seem to work...any way to get around this?
    Did you try to register the card on the website? Use a american zip code

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

You know you already answered that question right? Lol.
    Though it doesn't work on xbox. I tried just changing it, leaving my modem settings Canadian, and no go.
    Then you must have made a mistake somewhere.

To answer the other question I used a prepaid visa and registered to
    To a USA car dealership.. Same with the netflix

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Originally posted by focusdriv3r

Did you try to register the card on the website? Use a american zip code
    I found that out a couple days ago too that the Prepaid Visa's aren't working anymore.. At least the point were it will let you sign up but it wont debit the card.

People were saying you need to sign up to USA Paypal and use your Prepaid card that way, although i've misplaced/"gf threw away"... my card so i'll have to wait till I get another before I can get it setup again.

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Just to update this..

It seems you need to sign up with an American address first and use a credit card that has the same address on file. The prepaid Visa's work to set up an account with an American address and then use your own credit card to update the account and it will work. My visa has already been debited so I know for sure it works this way.

My Ride
    This and that.

Wow seems like so much hassle just to get the American Netflix. Guess am just too lazy/don't care enough to do al that. Just making do with my Canadian Netflix.

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Wow seems like so much hassle just to get the American Netflix. Guess am just too lazy/don't care enough to do al that. Just making do with my Canadian Netflix.
    Have fun watching tree house while I'm watching top gear season 1-13

My Ride
    This and that.

Haha Canadian one has seasons 9-12. It's what I've been watching lately. I've seen pretty much every single one of them anyway. Haha

are there any other proxy/dns services in the case usvideo.org will be blocked?

Also what Visa prepaid card are you guys buying?
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 05-16-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast