Quantcast
Netflix USA - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix USA

My Ride
    bird

Originally posted by reno97637
    What type of prepaid credit card did you get? I got a Vanilla Mastercard and when I try to make a Netflix Account, they detect that I'm trying to use a prepaid card.
    at safeway they only sell one kind, its a visa something.

My Ride
    bird

Originally posted by Kavy

Several forums I frequent have said Hulu is starting to block UsVideo and Netflix will be next on the list.

Having both a USA Netflix and Canada Netflix account I can honestly say for the extra $8 bucks a month IMO the additional content is not worth double the price; especially with the growth of titles Canada Netflix goes through each month.

However Canada Netflix really needs to work on its search features, its extremely weak that over 55% of all titles can only be found with a direct title search.
    There's over 10x more content, you just gotta search for it!
    if they do block it, i'll just change to a vpn..

My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia

Does anyone know a way of comparing the amount of titles between the two. So far I just searched for the same titles at .ca and .com but if I couldn't find it at one it wasn't at the other.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money. I know eight buck is no big deal but over a year it could be.

My Ride
    bird

Originally posted by big A
    Does anyone know a way of comparing the amount of titles between the two. So far I just searched for the same titles at .ca and .com but if I couldn't find it at one it wasn't at the other.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money. I know eight buck is no big deal but over a year it could be.
    if you google it, there is over 10x more on the usa one. I have had both and know.

What kind of internet speeds do you need to run vpn and stream videos from netflick usa. I have shaw highspeed (7.5mbps). Also what what are you using to watch this on your tv?

My Ride

My apologies stealth131, I noticed after doing days of what I thought was intelligent comparison of US to Can. that every time I went to a USnetflix it just redirected me to a Canadian one. It actually is tricky if you don't know to stay on a US site.
    So now that I figured it out I think that your comment of 10X is an understatement.

For example there was three movies that I bought at HMV last night that were not on netcan but were on US and I also noticed seasons 1,2,3 of Sons is available only on the US.

Next step is to see if I can set this up with your instructions.

My Ride
    bird

Originally posted by RawB8figure
    What kind of internet speeds do you need to run vpn and stream videos from netflick usa. I have shaw highspeed (7.5mbps). Also what what are you using to watch this on your tv?
    we have the exact same Internet and cAn stream 2 HD sources at once easy. I use my xbox and we also have it setup on the computers since you can activate 6 devices on 1 account.

My Ride
    bird

My apologies stealth131, I noticed after doing days of what I thought was intelligent comparison of US to Can. that every time I went to a USnetflix it just redirected me to a Canadian one. It actually is tricky if you don't know to stay on a US site.
    So now that I figured it out I think that your comment of 10X is an understatement.

For example there was three movies that I bought at HMV last night that were not on netcan but were on US and I also noticed seasons 1,2,3 of Sons is available only on the US.

Next step is to see if I can set this up with your instructions.
    ya even Shows like southpark aren't available in Canada then I look on mine and I have seasons 1-12. Applys to so many shows .

I'm enjoying blue mountain state, heroes, the office and 24 right now

My Ride

Well apparently on Telus you can't add a dns server address. So I just set up Canadian and save 8 buck.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

We have USA netflix at our house in Vegas... what a difference in programming.

Stupid cross-border laws.

My Ride
    bird

Originally posted by A790
    We have USA netflix at our house in Vegas... what a difference in programming.

Stupid cross-border laws.
    I have it at my Calgary house , ya the difference is huge.

To the previous post it only costs me 5 dollars extra a month...
    Yes you can add a dns with telus... It's the router not the provider.

how do you do this with the Dir-655 by dlink

Originally posted by dollarbillz
    how do you do this with the Dir-655 by dlink
    https://portal.usvideo.org/knowledge...k-Routers.html
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Not 100% sure but I think if you add a US shipping address to your credit card, it should work. This will save you the hassle of having to get a prepaid card.

Kind of annoying to do all these steps but it's worth it. US content is so much better. Go on the US site and browse the content if you are unsure.

We get such limited selection in Canada AND it costs more? What a rip off

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You don't need to sign up to usvideo. It's just a DNS deal, use a free US DNS server.

Google: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    Level3: 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2

Same deal with my US iTunes setup:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/250150/ho...unt-in-canada/

Just tested at work using google's DNS, and sure enough, my US netflix account works perfectly.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

So how are you guys paying for this? I signed up for Entropay for a virtual card but they want me to fax them a million things to verify. Are there any other ways? Or just a prepaid US card from safeway row whatever?

My Ride
    Treg/B7

Well apparently on Telus you can't add a dns server address. So I just set up Canadian and save 8 buck.
    This seems to be correct. You can go into the advanced settings of the router on the limited Telus "admin" router page and change them. This however stops your phone or TV from working assuming you are on their optik system.

The way around this is to have a seperate router for internet and wireless and just use the Telus provided one to run TV and Phone.

If anyone finds a better solution please let me know as i do not want to run two routers if i can avoid it. I tried changing the Dns in the windows network settings however that does not seem to work.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If you're using netflix off a computer, just set the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and you're good to go. If you are already logged into netflix with a CDN account, log out, and close your browser. Go to www.netflix.com and voila, US version.

If you're using an Apple TV, you can do the same thing, use DHCP but manual DNS servers. If you're using anything else, just setup a static IP on your network and manually configure DNS as well.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

How do you change the DNS server settings on a Macbook Pro? Under Network Connections I assume?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by rage2
    If you're using netflix off a computer, just set the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and you're good to go. If you are already logged into netflix with a CDN account, log out, and close your browser. Go to www.netflix.com and voila, US version.

If you're using an Apple TV, you can do the same thing, use DHCP but manual DNS servers. If you're using anything else, just setup a static IP on your network and manually configure DNS as well.
    works like a charm

Thanks Rage

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast