Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > New Air Canada loyalty program

Author
Thread
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

New Air Canada loyalty program quote:

So a new Air Canada loyalty program is coming with Aeroplane being dropped by Air Canada. I don't fly enough to worry about airline loyalty programs but I do wonder how this will work about for frequent Air Canada flyers.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2017 02:53 AM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

No changes for 3 more years. Status transfers over. No info on new program for at least 2 years so too early to tell.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-12-2017 03:11 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kavy
Second Gear

What I drive: 2013 Ram 1500 / 2016 Cadillac ATS
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (43)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I fly regularly and to be honest I use the areoplan points to buy gift cards that I give to family members and friends or people who help me out.

I stopped flying westjet a few years ago and have around $380 westjet dollars that will never be used. Can you transfer those things? If so anyone want some Westjet dollars for dirt cheap?

Old Post 05-12-2017 03:13 AM
Kavy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kavy Click here to Send Kavy a Private Message Find more posts by Kavy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (30)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

yeh if its not CASH back, i dont even....

Old Post 05-12-2017 03:15 AM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
No changes for 3 more years. Status transfers over. No info on new program for at least 2 years so too early to tell.

According to news articles I've read your miles do not transfer over to Air Canada's new loyalty program - they will remain with Aeroplan.

The Air Canada Altitude status and Million Mile program will be kept as is and all Million Mile program qualification activity and status will also be honoured in the new program - probably because these two items are not directly controlled by Aeroplan.

Old Post 05-12-2017 03:50 AM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gart
Neutral

What I drive: SpecB/SaturnPOS/GMCPOS
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Kavy
...Can you transfer those things? If so anyone want some Westjet dollars for dirt cheap?

Looks like you can, for a x-fer fee.

"Can I transfer my WestJet dollars to another person who holds a WestJet Rewards account?

Yes. You are allowed to transfer WestJet dollars of any amount to another account holder for a fee of $50-$57.50 per transfer. The fee must be paid with a credit card at the time of transfer. To request a transfer of WestJet dollars, please contact us by email and an agent will contact you to confirm the details and obtain your payment information (for security reasons, please do not send credit card information by email). Please allow up to four to six weeks for your transfer to be processed."

source

So min bid $57.50?

(at least it's better than airmiles where the cost to transfer generally exceeds the value of the airmile / ugh)

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:23 AM
Gart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gart Click here to Send Gart a Private Message Find more posts by Gart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yellowsnow
First Gear

What I drive: WRX, Audi A4 Avant
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

not sure if i'll keep collecting aeroplan points then. doubt i can collect enough in 3 years for a trip to asia

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:58 AM
yellowsnow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yellowsnow Click here to Send yellowsnow a Private Message Find more posts by yellowsnow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

It's still too early to react, but FlyerTalk is having a field day haha.

I'm still collecting at 61k points and what sucks is that the taxes + points cost more than sale flights hahaha

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:34 AM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HHURICANE1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I'll be cashing mine out pretty quick before there is another debacle like Air Miles. I don't fly enough that it will make any real difference anyways.

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:40 AM
HHURICANE1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HHURICANE1 Click here to Send HHURICANE1 a Private Message Find more posts by HHURICANE1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

There was a good reddit article about all this - basically Aeroplan is/was a joke and there are much better ways to make use of and collect miles.

Its all about shareholder profits - rarely is anything major done in the corporate world to appease the consumers.

Old Post 05-12-2017 06:12 AM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team_Mclaren

What I drive: F10M / GS450H
Posts/Day: 1.06
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

I wonder how much TD is regretting buying up Aeroplan's credit card program.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:01 AM
Team_Mclaren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team_Mclaren Click here to Send Team_Mclaren a Private Message Find more posts by Team_Mclaren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Beyond meet somewhere?

Old Post 05-12-2017 02:22 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

Guess it time to move on to collecting Credit card points somewhere else.

Just have sit and wait to snipe business class tickets to europe or asia not on Air Canada.

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:56 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Aeroplan and Air Miles will merge and call themselves AeroMiles.

You heard it here first folks.

Old Post 05-12-2017 05:08 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:02 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > New Air Canada loyalty program

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: