Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > new car recommendations....fml

Author
Thread
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by roll_over

What's cheap as shit lease rates? I may need something new for my wife soon here and since she can't take care of shit then it needs to be lease.

Mine is half a percent for 39 months... I'd call that cheap.

I had a glc300 loaner last weekend. I wasn't really at all impressed.

NX has always had adaptive suspension, you just need to go FSport3 to get it. Which is $$$.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Last edited by killramos on 05-08-2017 at 04:20 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-08-2017 04:15 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
I had a glc300 loaner last weekend. I wasn't really at all impressed.

All the 300s are there to appease older MB owners who find AMG products' ride is too rough or seat too hard. It's traditional luxury.

Last edited by Xtrema on 05-08-2017 at 09:22 PM

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:12 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ukyo8
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Brand new 2017 Cadillac XT5 AWD, Fully loaded luxury model.
MSRP is about $60,000 should be able to pick one up for about $46,000

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:19 PM
Ukyo8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ukyo8 Click here to Send Ukyo8 a Private Message Find more posts by Ukyo8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

For sure, it was slow and boring af. Very floaty.

I didn't really use it much though, drove it to and from the golf course and downtown to work one day.

The back seats seemed fine? Just feels like a lot of money for what it is.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

fact.

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:20 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I guess that would be a lot of fun if you had never actually driven a fun car before.

Get over yourself. If you can't derive pleasure from a 450hp rwd vehicle, then I think your fun meter needs to be calibrated.

Because certainly Calgary/Albertan drivers are deriving pleasure from how well their MB's and BMW's dodge potholes in this province

Fuck Beyond is getting ridiculous with its snobbery.

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:32 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Some people value driving fun more than just horsepower. I mean if OP really cared about power, he wouldn't love his X1.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:41 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I've never had a vehicle that I didn't think was fun to drive. Even my 1980 Lincoln Town car with the 302 in it. That thing was slooooowww, but it put a smile on my face every time.

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:46 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

For sure, it was slow and boring af. Very floaty.

I didn't really use it much though, drove it to and from the golf course and downtown to work one day.

The back seats seemed fine? Just feels like a lot of money for what it is.

GLC and NX aren't in the same class I don't think. NX is GLA, X1 competitor I thought, while GLC is X3, RX class.

Was there a sport mode in the Merc that needed to be selected? Should be quite a bit faster than NX in a straight line.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:34 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

To clarify I wasn't trying to compare the NX to the GLC, definitely different cars.

Responding to multiple posts at once is all.

Neither are really my cup of tea just that I found NX to be a pleasent surprise. Unrelated I also didn't think the glc was that special. Sport mode wasn't that much better when I tried it.

fact.

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:49 PM
Aleks
Fourth Gear

quote:

To clarify I wasn't trying to compare the NX to the GLC, definitely different cars.

Responding to multiple posts at once is all.

Neither are really my cup of tea just that I found NX to be a pleasent surprise. Unrelated I also didn't think the glc was that special. Sport mode wasn't that much better when I tried it.

I see, they are all too small anyway for what OP is looking for.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:52 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Get over yourself. If you can't derive pleasure from a 450hp rwd vehicle, then I think your fun meter needs to be calibrated.

Because certainly Calgary/Albertan drivers are deriving pleasure from how well their MB's and BMW's dodge potholes in this province

Fuck Beyond is getting ridiculous with its snobbery.

Doesn't make anyone a snob to not think a pickup truck is a fun car to drive. IDGAF what you do to it, it's still gonna handle like shit.

Old Post 05-09-2017 01:15 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

doesn't make anyone a snob to not think a pickup truck is a fun car to drive. IDGAF what you do to it, it's still gonna handle like shit.

Old Post 05-09-2017 02:49 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

quote:

This pulled more g than a 350Z back in the day stock for stock. So, there's always a way. I remember this truck from back in the day, owned by a beyond OG.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-09-2017 03:01 PM
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

I don't think that has enough rear room, so it doesn't count.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-09-2017 03:27 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CivicDXR
Second Gear

What I drive: 06 Honda Element EX-P 5MT
Posts/Day: 0.42
Trader Rating: (94)

quote:

Originally posted by Aleks
This pulled more g than a 350Z back in the day stock for stock. So, there's always a way. I remember this truck from back in the day, owned by a beyond OG.

Oh man I miss my X-Runner, brings back memories at Race City seeing this pic... it cornered VERY well, and even more so after I lowered it another 2 inches, one of the more fun vehicles I've ever owned. But rage2 is right, rear room was pretty much non-existant, unless you wanna put the kids in the rear bed.

Last edited by CivicDXR on 05-09-2017 at 04:58 PM

Old Post 05-09-2017 04:54 PM
CivicDXR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CivicDXR Click here to Send CivicDXR a Private Message Find more posts by CivicDXR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
I don't think that has enough rear room, so it doesn't count.

Aren't there short cabs where the rear seats are sideways? That would solve the kicking driver's seat issue

I doubt it's legal to put car seats in them though, nor would they be configured to take car seats in the first place...

Old Post 05-09-2017 05:09 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by CivicDXR

Oh man I miss my X-Runner, brings back memories at Race City seeing this pic... it cornered VERY well, and even more so after I lowered it another 2 inches, one of the more fun vehicles I've ever owned. But rage2 is right, rear room was pretty much non-existant, unless you wanna put the kids in the rear bed.

Bed Ryder makes seats for the bed. Not sure if the airbags are included though.

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-09-2017 07:19 PM
SkiBum5.0
First Gear

What I drive: Between 7400 and 8400 RPM
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

^ I want a pair of those...

seats

Old Post 05-09-2017 08:12 PM
SkiBum5.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SkiBum5.0 Click here to Send SkiBum5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by SkiBum5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:07 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > new car recommendations....fml

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: