Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > New Ford GT: holy shit.

Author
Thread
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

I kinda knew that's a lie when he said it.

GT vs 488GTB
1385kg vs 1370kg
638HP vs 661HP
550lb/ft vs 560lb/ft

488GTB has a 0-62 of 3s. So Ford is probably gonna post a a sub 3s 0-60 figure.

So not only GT won't beat any hyper cars, it barely matches a high production super car.

I've got to say I am a little disappointed. Price wise it's more expensive than the 488, but at the time it was benched against the 458 speciale.

Regardless, it will beat the cars around tracks according to ford bosses. Best drivers car 2017 should be unreal.

One more thing to add, ford was only like 20 hp from matching the P1 for Hp/L and would have beaten AMGs 2L of 187.5hp/L with just 11 more hp.

Why not break that record?

The one record they did break (I think P1 was the highest) which I see no mention of is tq/L at 157/L.

To put that into perspective, a new 1.5 civic would be right around 235. Good stuff.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2017 06:19 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Ford was sandbagging a bit. Call it the Ford GT-LT

Competition pack announced and cuts roughly 140lbs. Vehicle sits at 3054. I still can't believe they didn't got for 20-30 more hp to break the record I stated above.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/23/...s-light-weight/

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 02-24-2017 02:23 AM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tej.S
Neutral

What I drive: 17' C43 Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I still think it was a little over-hyped. It looks nice, has good performance figures.. But meh, nothing groundbreaking imo. Now the 720s, that is something to look forward to

Old Post 02-24-2017 06:20 AM
Tej.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tej.S Click here to Send Tej.S a Private Message Find more posts by Tej.S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Darkane
Ford was sandbagging a bit. Call it the Ford GT-LT

Competition pack announced and cuts roughly 140lbs. Vehicle sits at 3054. I still can't believe they didn't got for 20-30 more hp to break the record I stated above.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/23/...s-light-weight/

Some Ford exec came out yesterday and said the original dry weight of the car at 3054 WAS a competition pack. That said the regular car is actually closer to 3300 wet is my guess since the wet competition pack was 3189 or so. Wow brutal.

In other news the new three cyclinder fiesta st debuted haha.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 02-24-2017 03:57 PM
mr2mike
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Saw the GT shell in person. It's amazingly nice.
Having the P1 beside it, gave a great comparison for looks.
Two totally different styled cars but really great lines.

Old Post 02-24-2017 04:08 PM
mr2mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr2mike Click here to Send mr2mike a Private Message Find more posts by mr2mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:55 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > New Ford GT: holy shit.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: