Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > New garage construction

Author
Thread
Rarasaurus
Neutral

What I drive: Treg/B7
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
Built my own garage, had pad poured by a concrete company.

24x24, 10 ft walls, 2x4 walls (I should have just went with 2x6, to late now), insulated, OSB sheeted and painted white walls (So they don't fall apart whenever I smash things into the wall) electric (220V 60AMP), retarded amount of electrical plugs and lighting, gas heater, epoxied floors, Just under $20,000.

The only thing I didn't do myself was concrete, electrical and gas line. Dug the trenches myself though.

What did you do for epoxy floors? How is it holding up? Cost?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2017 10:16 PM
Rarasaurus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rarasaurus Click here to Send Rarasaurus a Private Message Find more posts by Rarasaurus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

C_Dave45
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by Prelude_dude

At this point right now i am probably going to do insulation and VB.... is it bad to cut it down half way? I just want to get rid of the pointy end if anything.

Why bother? They're going to be covered by 4" of insulation. You've probably got a few thousand of them. They're roofing nails...it's not like you're going to be able to just clip them like a fingernail.
No one does that.

Old Post 03-28-2017 10:23 PM
C_Dave45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C_Dave45 Visit C_Dave45's homepage! Find more posts by C_Dave45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leftwing
Neutral

What I drive: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Small bump

I am entertaining the idea of either building my garage myself or GC'ing it. Got one quote for a full build (24x24 approx but not square) with a full stucco finish (expensive - $6000) for around $32,000. This includes everything (permits, concrete, framing, finish, electric sub panel, GST) but does NOT include insulation and drywall finish. I think the quote is pretty on par with what I expected but I know I can save a considerable amount by doing majority myself.

My one concern about GC'ing the build is that I do not have a square lot so my garage will not be square in order to utilize the space. I have no idea how to measure the out the concrete pad in order to ensure I don't end up to close to the property lines or break any by-laws.

Is my best bet to try and hire a garage builder to get my pad done, and I will take it from there? Would concrete companies have any expertise in this area or will they just crib and pour what I ask.

Any help is appreciated.

Old Post 05-08-2017 05:09 AM
leftwing is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leftwing Click here to Send leftwing a Private Message Find more posts by leftwing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I would just have the property lines surveyed, have utilities located, calculate your total square footage based on your RPR and lay it out yourself.

The city is actually pretty helpful when it comes to codes and building requirements, they are very willing to answer questions.

Old Post 05-08-2017 05:28 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:56 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > New garage construction

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: