Quantcast
Nexus Prime - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus Prime

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by ZEDGE

I suppose. Also I think you may need to first be on 4.0.2 to upgrade to 4.0.4 no?
    i think your right
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Google is now selling these unlocked on the Google Play store for $399.00. Not in Canada yet, however Expansys US is selling them for same price. $440 including shipping/tax to Canada.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/google-n...d-16gb-224148/

My Ride
    Sentra

Bah...so tempting. My SGS is feeling very old lately trying to run ICS.

But May 3rd is not far away! Need to at least find out how far away the SGS3 is.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

My guess is July/Aug like the GS2.

My Ride
    Sentra

That would be my guess too. However Samsung did say this time they wanted to announce it closer to actual availability instead of having large gaps between reveal and retail. But still, probably June/July.

[B]Google is now selling these unlocked on the Google Play store for $399.00. Not in Canada yet, however Expansys US is selling them for same price. $440 including shipping/tax to Canada.
    Google also announced it will be selling them through the play store shortly. I personally would wait and get one from them to avoid any warranty issues in the future.

The wife went back to iOS, so I decided to try out her Nexus. Rooted and flashed right away.

Version 4.0.4
    Baseband I9250XXKK6
    Kernel 3.0.8-Glados-V1.29
    Android Revolution HD 3.0.0

Battery life seems good, extended battery and door enroute from Samsung Korea.

Don't really notice much difference from my Raider, but I'm not really a heavy mobile user. Negative points on the pentile display.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by WhippWhapp
    The wife went back to iOS, so I decided to try out her Nexus. Rooted and flashed right away.

Version 4.0.4
    Baseband I9250XXKK6
    Kernel 3.0.8-Glados-V1.29
    Android Revolution HD 3.0.0

Battery life seems good, extended battery and door enroute from Samsung Korea.

Don't really notice much difference from my Raider, but I'm not really a heavy mobile user. Negative points on the pentile display.
    Where did you order the battery from?

+1 on the Pentile, my GS2 screen may be lower res but it looks better than the Gnex.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Got sick of AOKP and Franco, screen would never sleep on its own, and sometimes wake on its own (meaning dead battery).....so I switched to CodeNameAndroid, but then found out the dev is flaking a bit.....Bummer because its a great ROM with tons of customizing options and profiles (very very nice)......Anyone suggest any other 4.0.4 ROMS that are any good? Android Revolution is too plain for me.....Liquid is a 4.0.3 rom but looks promising....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by spike98

Google also announced it will be selling them through the play store shortly. I personally would wait and get one from them to avoid any warranty issues in the future.
    Anyone buy one through the re-seller?

I need a phone soon and I want this one with no overlays, I don't want warranty issues!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by TurboMedic
    Got sick of AOKP and Franco, screen would never sleep on its own, and sometimes wake on its own (meaning dead battery).....so I switched to CodeNameAndroid, but then found out the dev is flaking a bit.....Bummer because its a great ROM with tons of customizing options and profiles (very very nice)......Anyone suggest any other 4.0.4 ROMS that are any good? Android Revolution is too plain for me.....Liquid is a 4.0.3 rom but looks promising....
    That's weird - I've never had a problem with that. I'm on AOKP M5 and Franco M4. Have you tried doing a full wipe?

^I've been on AOKP M5 and Franco M3 with no problems last couple months. I didn't know he came out with Franco M4. I'm going to download that.

[B]Google is now selling these unlocked on the Google Play store for $399.00. Not in Canada yet, however Expansys US is selling them for same price. $440 including shipping/tax to Canada.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/google-n...d-16gb-224148/
    Would this be the cheapest option to get the phone? It's at $409 now at Expansys. I wonder if my cousin would be charged duties/taxes if he brought it for me from the states.

My Ride

I'm not so much worried about the cheapest option as I want warranty issues and, most importantly, no carrier overlays.

I don't really want to be rooting, changing roms, etc. etc.

Are there any other options?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by beecue

Would this be the cheapest option to get the phone? It's at $409 now at Expansys. I wonder if my cousin would be charged duties/taxes if he brought it for me from the states.
    Probably cheapest for new. Not sure about duties.

I'm not so much worried about the cheapest option as I want warranty issues and, most importantly, no carrier overlays.

I don't really want to be rooting, changing roms, etc. etc.

Are there any other options?
    These are unlocked and unbranded, same as what you get here. Bell, Telus, Rogers, Wind, etc all sell the same Gnex phones, there is no carrier branding etc. The only difference is whether they are updated by Google yakju, or by Samsung yakjuxx. I think all the Canadian ones are yakjuxx, mine is.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 06-13-2012 at 01:27 PM.

My Ride

Probably cheapest for new. Not sure about duties.

These are unlocked and unbranded, same as what you get here. Bell, Telus, Rogers, Wind, etc all sell the same Gnex phones, there is no carrier branding etc. The only difference is whether they are updated by Google yakju, or by Samsung yakjuxx. I think all the Canadian ones are yakjuxx, mine is.
    So if I go buy say a Sasktel one, it isn't going to any more loaded full of all the extra shit than buying a Google direct one? I don't want all the garbage that was on my original Galaxy and I don't want to have to root/wipe or whatever to get rid of it.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

So if I go buy say a Sasktel one, it isn't going to any more loaded full of all the extra shit than buying a Google direct one? I don't want all the garbage that was on my original Galaxy and I don't want to have to root/wipe or whatever to get rid of it.
    All Nexus phones don't come preloaded with any bloatware or a manufacturer's own UI overlay. It doesn't matter where you buy it.

Which would be better? Nexus for $409 or S2 X refurbished for $339 (+$15-$20 to unlock).

I'm going to be using it a lot for music since I lost my ipod touch.
    Last edited by beecue; 06-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Did you change yours to yakju? What would be the easiest way after I root the phone? Flash the image with cwm? I don't have to mess with the radio right?

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by beecue

Did you change yours to yakju? What would be the easiest way after I root the phone? Flash the image with cwm? I don't have to mess with the radio right?
    No I'm too chicken. :P

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 ... LastLast