Quantcast
Nexus Prime - Page 33 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus Prime

I tried Google stock 4.0.4 today and got heat issues and horrible battery drain. Going back to 4.0.2!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by phreezee
    I tried Google stock 4.0.4 today and got heat issues and horrible battery drain. Going back to 4.0.2!
    Blow away all exchange setting and set it up again. Works for me.

4.0.4 is no worse than 4.0.2 in my case on Nexus S.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Hopefully you can help out without my trying to muck through all of this...

I'd be looking at the Sasktel version of the Nexus and, bottom line what I want to know is, is this a good and stable phone to run in stock form? I don't really have any interest in fucking around with it.

My original stock galaxyS (official updates all done), is a pos compared to an iphone in terms of stability, speed, etc. SOMETIMES. It is not consistent with its performance, etc. etc.

Is this going to be an issue again? I really don't want to go iphone but I really want consistent usage.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I've been much to lazy to do anything to my Galaxy Nexus, aside from configure email and install about 6 apps from the store.

I took it out of the box, charged it, threw in my Rogers SIM and started calling people.

There's been 3 application crashes when gaming, but no phone/OS issues with it since the middle of December when I picked it up.

I consider it just as reliable as my 2 year old blackberry bold that it replaced.

I've been having a few random issues with my Nexus lately (4.0.1 bone stock), none of which I have had for the first while I owned the phone (Dec 6, 2011 onward). They are minor, but sometimes a little annoying.

1) More often random re-boots, and freeze-ups while in text message screens. It will also sometimes freeze when I type a non-local location into google maps.

2) My alarm clock (linked to a ZEDGE ringtone), which used to work flawlessly, now sometimes doesn't light up the screen when the alarm goes off for quite some time, so I can't "snooze" or "dismiss" it. It will always still go off though, which is god.

3) My notification light occasionally (very rarely) doesn't seem to get triggered. I'll check my phone and there will be an e-mail or text waiting, but the light wasn't flashing. Maybe there are certain circumstances where it doesn't turn on? This is annoying because I work in an environment where I can't have a phone that makes noise for personal reasons, so I rely on that light.

4) Occasionally my text delivery notification will tell me the text has been delivered to a different person's number. The text always goes to the right number, but I've had the shit scared out of me before when the confirm came back saying it went to someone else lol.

Anyone else ever have these issues, or know of a fix?
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-11-2012 at 12:07 AM.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I've been having a few random issues with my Nexus lately (4.0.1 bone stock), none of which I have had for the first while I owned the phone (Dec 6, 2011 onward). They are minor, but sometimes a little annoying.

1) More often random re-boots, and freeze-ups while in text message screens. It will also sometimes freeze when I type a non-local location into google maps.

2) My alarm clock (linked to a ZEDGE ringtone), which used to work flawlessly, now sometimes doesn't light up the screen when the alarm goes off for quite some time, so I can't "snooze" or "dismiss" it. It will always still go off though, which is god.

3) My notification light occasionally (very rarely) doesn't seem to get triggered. I'll check my phone and there will be an e-mail or text waiting, but the light wasn't flashing. Maybe there are certain circumstances where it doesn't turn on? This is annoying because I work in an environment where I can't have a phone that makes noise for personal reasons, so I rely on that light.

4) Occasionally my text delivery notification will tell me the text has been delivered to a different person's number. The text always goes to the right number, but I've had the shit scared out of me before when the confirm came back saying it went to someone else lol.

Anyone else ever have these issues, or know of a fix?
    4.0.1? No update yet for you? 4.0.4 has been rolling out already no? These could be fixed already.

Originally posted by ZEDGE

4.0.1? No update yet for you? 4.0.4 has been rolling out already no? These could be fixed already.
    When i "check for updates" under settings it says im up to date. Is there another way to get to 4.04? Thanks.

My phone isnt rooted, is there a "stock" way to get 4.0.4?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I'm under the understanding (but my google OS-fu is weak) that your carrier - Rogers/TELUS/Virgin pushes the OS update over the air to your phone, once they have it from google and approve it.

I bought a Virgin phone, but use Rogers, still waiting for 4.0.4 to show up.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Ok, I appreciate the above feedback and I have made it through to page 25 looking for tidbits but I want to know this:

Is a nexus a nexus a nexus? Or are there difference builds between carriers as there were with the GalaxyS I have now. In other words, will I get a lemon p.o.s. from Sasktel as I did with the original Galaxy?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Ok, I appreciate the above feedback and I have made it through to page 25 looking for tidbits but I want to know this:

Is a nexus a nexus a nexus? Or are there difference builds between carriers as there were with the GalaxyS I have now. In other words, will I get a lemon p.o.s. from Sasktel as I did with the original Galaxy?
    The gt-i9250 from a canadian standpoint will be the same through all carriers.

There is a verizon version that supports different bands but thats not of a concern to us in the north.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

My phone isnt rooted, is there a "stock" way to get 4.0.4?
    You don't have to be rooted to flash a stock image using odin.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Hatred

Where does one find odin....
    -U

My Ride
    2022 X2M

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...hojcho0XqzIaTQ

The files u need to use are from the site posted earlier, please use those.
    This is just odin, a pit file and an ini file.

HOW TO USE ODIN

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1372414
    Last edited by Kavy; 04-11-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Will I lose anything by installing Odin? Or can I just do it right away with no worries?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Will I lose anything by installing Odin? Or can I just do it right away with no worries?
    It completely wipes your phone.

You will lose everything.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Kavy

It completely wipes your phone.

You will lose everything.
    Only if its a 'wipe' ROM. All the ICS roms I have been flashing on my GS2 are non wipe.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Only if its a 'wipe' ROM. All the ICS roms I have been flashing on my GS2 are non wipe.
    I personally would not jump from 4.0.1 to 4.0.4 on a Galaxy Nexus without a full wipe, but to each their own,
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Kavy

I personally would not jump from 4.0.1 to 4.0.4 on a Galaxy Nexus without a full wipe, but to each their own,
    I suppose. Also I think you may need to first be on 4.0.2 to upgrade to 4.0.4 no?

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast