Quantcast
Nexus Prime - Page 30 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus Prime

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

Is anyone having issues with receiving texts?

I don't know why but sometimes I only get part 2 of 2(of a text) from people. It's really annoying and always have to ask people to re-send.. I always get the second part, it's never the other way around.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by Hi-Psi

I don't know why but sometimes I only get part 2 of 2(of a text) from people. It's really annoying and always have to ask people to re-send.. I always get the second part, it's never the other way around.
    What carrier?

I have never had a issue with multi part on Rogers but when I was on Telus I always had issues on Mulitparts no matter what phone I had.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

Bell and I had this same issue just before I switched from my BB to the Nexus.

Originally posted by Hi-Psi

I'm on Fido and never once had that issue, and I get some LONG texts. Maybe it's the other person?

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

My browser, even on the cell network and not Wifi is all but instant. It is faster than my iPhone on Wifi. I would think something was wrong with your particular unit.
    yeah i figured it was, so i sold it the day after, i viewed a bunch of videos showing the phone speed and everything.

on the bright side i didnt lose any money hahaha

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

I'm on Fido and never once had that issue, and I get some LONG texts. Maybe it's the other person?
    I seem to get long texts ok, it seems to be the shorter ones, the ones that maybe just break the 2 part barrier... I'm not sure what it is that's causing this but it happens from multiple people I talk to..

All of a sudden I can no longer send, or receive, picture messages. Any thoughts on why this might happen? It's to the same person, and have had no issues until now.

When I'm sending one, it says "sending...." indefinitely, and when I receive one, instead of seeing the thumbnail of the picture, I get a button that says "download" with the size of the picture listed like "128kb" and then it never actually downloads it.

I thought maybe it had something to do with my cell network data limit, but I'm nowhere near my cap.

Any suggestions? Is there an option somewhere in the phone that limits picture messages?

On Fido if that matters, but it shouldn't.

EDIT: My mobile signal bars are grey if I turn Wifi off, but go blue when I turn Wifi back on....also it doesn't seem like my wireless data is working because I can't load a webpage off Wifi...maybe that's the problem. Not sure why this would happen though, mobile data is definitely enabled. I can send/receive normal texts no problem.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

All of a sudden I can no longer send, or receive, picture messages. Any thoughts on why this might happen? It's to the same person, and have had no issues until now.

When I'm sending one, it says "sending...." indefinitely, and when I receive one, instead of seeing the thumbnail of the picture, I get a button that says "download" with the size of the picture listed like "128kb" and then it never actually downloads it.

I thought maybe it had something to do with my cell network data limit, but I'm nowhere near my cap.

Any suggestions? Is there an option somewhere in the phone that limits picture messages?

On Fido if that matters, but it shouldn't.

EDIT: My mobile signal bars are grey if I turn Wifi off, but go blue when I turn Wifi back on....also it doesn't seem like my wireless data is working because I can't load a webpage off Wifi...maybe that's the problem. Not sure why this would happen though, mobile data is definitely enabled. I can send/receive normal texts no problem.

How many Apn's do you have listed? Hopefully only 2.

Did u install any radios or anything before this happened? What ROM are you on?

Sounds like something is limiting data or traffic. Maybe a battery saving app or feature of a rom.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Newer Radio.

So far working great on rogers, same battery as XXKK6 and suffers from none of the issues that UGKL1 does.

XXKL1
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1444288
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

^^ from the same thread, this one seems to be the best for Wind Users: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1439217&page=3

Originally posted by Kavy

How many Apn's do you have listed? Hopefully only 2.

Did u install any radios or anything before this happened? What ROM are you on?

Sounds like something is limiting data or traffic. Maybe a battery saving app or feature of a rom.
    I'm 100% stock 4.0.1. What is an APN?

It was working up until tonight, so it's weird it just stopped. It's like my cellular data stopped. If I turn off WiFi, and try to load a webpage, it says i dont have data enabled. However, if I turn Wifi back on, the cell service bars go from grey back to blue. It's strange.

I'm going to be able to test it tomorrow when I'm not at home, and I'll give the phone a reboot too maybe.

EDIT: So as soon as I left my house this morning and the phone automatcally went from Wifi to cell network, I had full cell reception as usual and all my picture messages went through. Which brings me to my next question, why would I lose cell data while at home, ever? Why would it be different than anywhere else? Maybe just a bad day for Fido?
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-16-2012 at 06:39 PM.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Do I need to root my nexus before I can flash to the newer radio?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Mitsu I would say just a bad day for fido. Glad it's working again tho.

Slick you can flash radio through adb or recovery so you would at least need to have your boot loader unlocked.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Last edited by Cos; 12-31-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Last edited by Cos; 12-31-2016 at 05:56 PM.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Are you using setcpu? Hard restarts when screen off is normally cause from voltage being to low or CPU being too low.

Additionally what kernel? Using a James bond kernel might help the hard restarts as his kernel is a bit more optimized when it comes to sleep then modaco.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by Cos

No not using anything besides what came with RevHD and the XL1. I just flashed XL6 and will see what it will do.

Ill look into the JB Kernel.

Edit: Kernel is:

3.0.8-gaaa2611
    Android-build@apa28#1
    I am having very good results with franco's 13.1 kernel. However it is a 4.0.3 kernel and iirc revhd is only 4.0.2

Originally posted by Cos

So I am assuming the kernel I am running is a stock google kernel and that is probably the issue since the KL1 radio is a bit too new? Perhaps the voltage settings arent agreeing with each other?

edit: also on the James Bond Kernel there are 3 versions 1.4GHz/1.35GHz/1.2GHz. Anyone know what the stock phone runs at I think 1.2?
    I dont think that its a radio issue. I am on KL1 with great results. To me it sounds like a kernel issue.

If you are on a stock kernel i doubt that its a voltage issue as stock kernels run pretty conservative voltages. My bet is if you changed to the JB kernel you would solve your problem. Sounds like a deep sleep issue to me.

Stock is 1.2 and i would personally stick with that. If you would like the boost then go with the 1.35. The 1.4 will most likely not run well on your phone.

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast