Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Nintendo Switch Discussion

Author
Thread
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

Nintendo Switch Discussion quote:

Surprised i haven't seen one of these threads, is everybody really not interested in this thing or is it just one of those things you don't admit?

I picked one up on launch day, just surprised the kids with it last night, unfortunately none of the launch titles appeal to us (Never played the Zelda series and honestly 1-2 switch s a demo game that should have been included, not paying $65 for it) so now it is just gonna collect dust for a couple months until Mario Kart 8 comes out...

Really looking forward to some family games, got an extra pair of joycons, i want to play Mario Kart 8, Super Smash brow, Mario Odessey, mario Party, Trivia games, etc....

Honestly this is the least excited i have ever been to buy a launch day system, i really wish they had some better/more launch titles, even re-releases of WiiU games would be nice.

Oh well, maybe we'll be surprised with some decent DLC or something.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2017 02:12 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Lack of games, a bit gimmicky with the whole portable gaming thing especially since it's got terrible battery life, and lots of problems with connectivity. Also once again Nintendo decides to restrict stock to build demand.

Not going to be surprised when it sells as well as the Wii U.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 03-07-2017 02:28 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.75
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

The only game that intrigues me is that boxing game called "Arms". Looks different.

And give it another year+ at least until the new Smash Bros. is released. They love to milk that shit.

Old Post 03-07-2017 02:46 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
klumsy_tumbler
Neutral

What I drive: 987.2
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

+1 for waiting for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. And Fire Emblem...

Old Post 03-07-2017 03:12 PM
klumsy_tumbler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for klumsy_tumbler Click here to Send klumsy_tumbler a Private Message Find more posts by klumsy_tumbler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Mario Kart 8 is bullshit - Should be 9, instead they're adding a couple courses and some new characters.

I can't believe there is only 2 Launch titles, wtf is the point - Their killer app is Zelda i suppose that's the game most people will buy the system for but after you're done, now what?

Wait 6 months for Mario and then another couple of years for Smash Bros?

Nintendo is focusing on gimmicks as Rage said and not what people buy systems for...THE GAMES!

Old Post 03-07-2017 04:13 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
300zxfairlday
First Gear

What I drive: 12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (48)
User Rating: 89%

quote:

Got it on release date. Overall build is amazing. Zelda is the greatest zelda so far, been playing bomberman as well and i have to say im quite impressed. Also the supply is not as limited as people here are making it out to be. Some Eb games had about 70-80 extra units at each location for walk ins.

Oh and there is 4 launch titles ... not 2 although the 2 others are lame... lol

Last edited by 300zxfairlday on 03-07-2017 at 04:42 PM

Old Post 03-07-2017 04:36 PM
300zxfairlday is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 300zxfairlday Click here to Send 300zxfairlday a Private Message Find more posts by 300zxfairlday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blitz
Third Gear

What I drive: S4 Avant / Fiesta ST / Forester XT
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (23)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I'll buy one when I can actually find one. I wasn't in a huge rush due to the lack of launch titles. The kids love the Wii U, we're working our way through the Virtual Console games in the meantime.

Old Post 03-07-2017 04:48 PM
blitz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blitz Click here to Send blitz a Private Message Visit blitz's homepage! Find more posts by blitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

I think the build quality is very nice, the battery life, realistically 2.5-6 hours is reasonable for constant use, most tablets with a decent size screen and good processing power fall within the same range for constant use... its pretty much a balance between making it wiiU massive and giving it reasonable battery life, most people will be using the portability for a bus ride to and from work and charging it every day, not a gaming marathon.

I think this one will be a HIT, it has to be, Nintendo and Nvidia basically gave this everything they've got, they're both in trouble if this isn't huge, the basically scripted a brand new OS around the hardware so its a lot more efficient and better performance than android boxes with the same hardware.

We'll see how things shake out, i am a little put off by the pricing, everything seems about 15-20% too high, controllers, accessories, games, etc... but maybe they'll realize that and reduce some stuff sooner than normal.

Old Post 03-07-2017 05:33 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.93

quote:

I'd like one as soon as I can easily get one.

Not sure why the lack of release games, but apparently Nintendo gave Japan most of the stock because they had more release games. It's still BS Nintendo fake hype.

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 03-07-2017 07:21 PM
NoPulp is online now Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Env-Consultant
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.09

quote:

I'm holding off until they figure out the QC issues - based on what I've seen and read, the console was released a tad early, or without proper QC, or both....

Old Post 03-07-2017 07:40 PM
Env-Consultant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Env-Consultant Click here to Send Env-Consultant a Private Message Find more posts by Env-Consultant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: FERD
Posts/Day: 0.94
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

I have one sitting at home, haven't decided if I want to open it and keep it...feel dumb for spending $500 just to play Zelda

Old Post 03-07-2017 07:50 PM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by Env-Consultant
I'm holding off until they figure out the QC issues - based on what I've seen and read, the console was released a tad early, or without proper QC, or both....

so out of a million units a couple people have issues, clearly QC is a problem. i agree that the strap pieces are more difficult to remove than they should be, but its not a huge issue.

Last edited by Thaco on 03-07-2017 at 08:32 PM

Old Post 03-07-2017 08:30 PM
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.75
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

I always wait for holidays deals to purchase these things. Earliest I will buy it is the holiday bundle at the end of the year. And even then I'd wager that the title selection is weak.

Edit: On a sidenote, I'm busting out my Game Gear as this thread made me feel like playing it again. Man, Power Rangers is such a SICK game on it.

Last edited by Disoblige on 03-07-2017 at 08:55 PM

Old Post 03-07-2017 08:43 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by Disoblige
I always wait for holidays deals to purchase these things. Earliest I will buy it is the holiday bundle at the end of the year. And even then I'd wager that the title selection is weak.

i agree, TBH the only reason i bought it is because i had a bunch of gift cards i got as gifts or on a discount, so i really paid about half price for the system in the end.

Old Post 03-07-2017 08:46 PM
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.47
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Build quality is fine imo, just the loud majority every time. Played a bit of zelda since mine arrived yesterday and it is phenomenal. I like the concept so far but those accessory prices are still bonkers, especially the dock. I did buy a pro controller though as the joy cons are fairly small so when it is not attached to the system (Grip or one in each hand), I find it kind of uncomfortable. I now have 1, 2 Switch and Zelda and that should be fine for now. A few digital games are already up on the shop like shovel knight and snipper clips (Tried this demo, it is pretty fun). Will buy the mario games as they come out also. Strong launch sales should lead to an increase in 3rd party titles as well.

Old Post 03-07-2017 10:11 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
300zxfairlday
First Gear

What I drive: 12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (48)
User Rating: 89%

quote:

Plus the eb games double credit for trade ins is great! Traded in some old xbox ans ps4 games i had sitting around and only had to pay 70$ for the switch!

Old Post 03-08-2017 01:02 PM
300zxfairlday is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 300zxfairlday Click here to Send 300zxfairlday a Private Message Find more posts by 300zxfairlday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
captain134
Neutral

What I drive: has double wide CHROME mudflaps.
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Thaco
so out of a million units a couple people have issues, clearly QC is a problem. i agree that the strap pieces are more difficult to remove than they should be, but its not a huge issue.

I dunno, it seems to me that there are more then a few quality issues.

The charger port on the bottom is a fail.

The cheap dock that scratches the console is a fail.

The complaint with the straps is not that they are hard to remove when used properly. It is that they can be installed the wrong way and get stuck (similar to the Samsung note stylus going in backwards and can't come out). This one is a huge fail for a console that is aimed at kids.

This joycons needing to be so close to the console for connectivity is also a fail in my opinion. Although not as big of one as most reviews I read say the joycons are terrible to use so most people are going to buy the pro controller anyways.

Old Post 03-08-2017 03:16 PM
captain134 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for captain134 Click here to Send captain134 a Private Message Find more posts by captain134 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:09 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Nintendo Switch Discussion

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: