Quantcast
Nissubishi - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nissubishi

My Ride
    Exploded.

Default Nissubishi

http://jalopnik.com/nissan-will-take...ors-1776219367

Nissan now controls majority stake of Mitsubishi motors.

I've been reading rumors that they might rebrand Mitsubishi to become Datsun, despite what Goshn said.
    Last edited by flipstah; 05-12-2016 at 07:06 AM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Godzilla evolution

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 05:31 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

So now Hyatt can sell Mitsu/Infiniti/Mercedes in the same dealership because they are all the same now?

EDIT: Didn't know Hyatt was sold, no wonder all dealerships are renamed.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Mitsubishi has been ignoring performance and been focusing heavily on electric car R&D

My guess is they will use Mitsubishi to get ahead of Tesla and GM, I can't really see them re-badging things as Datsun. Not to mention the Evo is so outdated at this point, and they haven't done any work for a new version.
    I think Nissan Leaf can hold its own against Tesla. Especially next version is rumored to be on par with Bolt. This is strict market share grab. Mitsu needed a dancing partner after being dumped by FCA.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

What if Mitsubishi becomes datsun and datsun outperforms nissan again. Will it be absorbed back into nissan?
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
    What if Mitsubishi becomes datsun and datsun outperforms nissan again. Will it be absorbed back into nissan?
    Datsun still exist in area where cheap cars are needed.

https://www.datsun.com/

Gotta give it to Ghosn, rat out Mitsu on fuel economy, stock price drops, swoops in and finish the buy out to expand their Asian market share. Bravo.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Xtrema

Gotta give it to Ghosn, rat out Mitsu on fuel economy, stock price drops, swoops in and finish the buy out to expand their Asian market share. Bravo.
    Yeah you have to admit the timing certainly curious. Looks like they recognized a situation where they could capitalize and jumped on it.

Not a bad idea for Nissan as they can use Mitsubishi for small cars and CUV's. The Sentra has long been a very mediocre compact so having a shared chassis with Mitsubishi for a Lancer/Sentra that can utilize the Mitsubishi S-AWC AWD system and even spawn some sort of performance compact to battle out with the WRX, Civic SI, GTI, etc. would be pretty cool.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Not to mention the Evo is so outdated at this point, and they haven't done any work for a new version.
    Or, Nissan could do the same thing they've done with the 350z/370z.

Utilize a decent enough platform, and milk it until the blood runs dry. There is no WAY the Evo costs anywhere near how much Mitsu charges for it. They could still make money on that thing at only $35kcdn per year I reckon. Exactly like how Nissan started selling bare-bones 370z's at $29.9k cdn.

I would wager the Evo is a money making machine, but who knows

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Re: Nissubishi

Originally posted by flipstah
    I've been reading rumors that they might rebrand Mitsubishi to become Datsun, despite what Goshn said.
    I don't think that'd be a good move in Asia at least. Mitsu still holds some weight in terms of trusted household vehicle name brands, especially in SE Asia vs here and the EU.

But bringing back the Datsun name would be awesome, provided they make sports cars again, that's all I really care about

Default Re: Re: Nissubishi

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 03:12 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    That's why Ghosn is my hero.

Originally posted by heavyD
    Yeah you have to admit the timing certainly curious. Looks like they recognized a situation where they could capitalize and jumped on it.
    It's pure genius. I dunno when this plan all fell into place, but it was definitely lucky that Nissan were doing comparison testing of Mitsubishi cars that discovered this whole scandal.

Would love to see Mitsubishi resurrected like Nissan did when Ghosn took over way back when.

edit - guess it's only 1/3 stake and not a full buyout. That sucks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    08 GSR

Who would buy it? It was introduced in 2007, so it is sitting on a 10 year old platform. There are a dozens of cars that offer better value and a chassis from this decade. It's competitor, the STi has far surpassed it... and even the WRX is a better vehicle now

Mitsubishi also announced it would be discontinued in March of this year a while ago. They usually don't discontinue "money makers"
    I guess it only makes money if people buy it. I still see way more STis than I do EVOs.

It would be interesting at what both Mitsubishi and Nissan can come up with if they do plan on making an EVO 11. If the price is right, at around the 30K mark, I'd consider it.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Who would buy it? It was introduced in 2007, so it is sitting on a 10 year old platform. There are a dozens of cars that offer better value and a chassis from this decade. It's competitor, the STi has far surpassed it... and even the WRX is a better vehicle now

Mitsubishi also announced it would be discontinued in March of this year a while ago. They usually don't discontinue "money makers"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1HEsqPtjfs

Looks to me like that old 2007 platform is still faster around a track than the current STI or CTR. Don't underestimate just how good a performance car the EVO was.
    Last edited by heavyD; 05-12-2016 at 01:38 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by V6-BoI

I guess it only makes money if people buy it. I still see way more STis than I do EVOs.
    That's because you couldn't get out the door with an Evo for under $45k. A STi is $37k, that is a big difference.

From a normal person perspective, phreak is right, but the evo never was a "normal" person's car. It's an enthusiast model. Subaru has always sold well in both their WRX and STi lineups (relatively speaking of course), the evo was held back from competing by management pricing it too high, not people's desire to own one.

The only reason to desire a new evo is if you think there is anything wrong with the old one. It doesn't compete with the R golf, or awd bmw's, it's not the target market.

I don't know if I would say the STi has surpassed the evo, if anything, the current model year STi is a complete ripoff of the Evo, only about 7 years late to the party

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    I don't know if I would say the STi has surpassed the evo, if anything, the current model year STi is a complete ripoff of the Evo, only about 7 years late to the party
    And the fact there is a Golf R and Focus RS now for people who don't like Japanese tin cans.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Even on a 10 year old platform, the Evo is a better driver's car. The WRX and STI might be better cars all around but not in terms of pure fun.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Ghosn has been an outstanding CEO for Renault Nissan. I indirectly thank him for the Nissan GT-R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast