Quantcast
No Tuition by 2025?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Tuition by 2025??

Default No Tuition by 2025??

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well, it's pretty clear now that they don't want to win the election.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

"One of the major reasons Alberta has the lowest post-secondary participation rate in Canada is the high cost of tuition and the crushing student debt that results from it, he said."

It has no relation to the high paying jobs you can get with a highschool education.

Raj Sherman's a joke.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Well, it's pretty clear now that they don't want to win the election.
    You can promise anything in a election, especially if you have a snowflakes chance in hell of winning it

If he wins will bullets no longer be deadly as well?
    Last edited by kvg; 04-02-2012 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

To cover tuition costs the Liberals would introduce a "Fair Tax" on large corporations and Albertans who make more than $100,000 a year.
    Fuck me, I'm already getting crushed on taxes at the highest bracket. How the hell is paying more from my hard work fair?

Maybe I'll just retire and go back to school for free. Move a retired aunt out to Sask, and run all my businesses to her while she buys me shit, and pay myself $99k for living expenses.

Post secondary education is poor investment in Alberta, hence, the low rates. If they want to tax the rich to support poor investments, they should send some money to my poor investments, aka my cars.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

This has to be the worst idea ever.

Ya this is a ridiculous idea!

Considering 90% of people with "post-secondary" education come out knowing a little about ancient romans/"arts"/ *Insert any other retarded degrees available* but really learn nothing...this is a very retarded idea.

Now if they increased funding to useful education like some of the trades, engineering, doctors, lawyers etc. etc. you may see an increase people that will contribute to society in the future.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Not really. A lot of doctors finish their degrees cheaply here and move to the US to make the big bucks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

A trust fund set up with energy revenues would fund it, not a tax.

Either way, he is a retard and I'd sooner vote for a cat than Raj Sherman.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by rage2
    Not really. A lot of doctors finish their degrees cheaply here and move to the US to make the big bucks.
    Actually a lot of doctors end up in the US because there are next to no jobs for specialized doctors in Canada.

My wifes cousin is finishing his residency (oncology) and has no hope of finding work in Canada (nevermind Alberta) any time soon.

He would rather work in Canada anyways. Sure he could make more in the US but hates the fact that in the US patients are seen more as "clients" than people.

My Ride
    Bicycle

With Redford already taking PC to the left, Raj has to double down on the crazy.

I agree with the idea that we need to be more educated in AB, but definitely the wrong way of going about it. I can see people enrolling just for the fuck of it, only to flunk out within a year or two.

I'd rather see some sort of reward system for actually graduating. Maybe something like 50% of your tuition costs refunded back to you if you actually graduate?

This sounds and looks as retarded as contributing to CPP.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by sabad66

I'd rather see some sort of reward system for actually graduating.
    Much better than this bullshit idea of "No tuition by 2025". What a fucking idiot.

They're already "kinda" doing it by giving you assistance for student loans after you reached a certain debt level post-graduation, but the debt level is super high for them to begin to help you. They could simply just expand on that for Alberta Student Loans, but it'd be only after you graduate.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 04-07-2012 at 07:38 PM.

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

This won't work, financially speaking.

Canada's system can't even support old-age pension, hence the new age of 67.

25 years ago, Pension started at around 55. With our stagnant population and the aging baby boomers, there will be no one to pay for their pension - let alone ours. Immigration is declining and not reaching what Canada hoped for, due to improving conditions and etc in many developing nations.

not that I agree with this idea but don't forget that although if they make it free for people to go it will increase the demand this will also mean that the entrance requirements will go up in faculties to compensate. This won't mean that everyone gets to go to post secondary for free because I can tell you right now U of C is near capacity. This will also mean that people will actually have to give a shit in highschool to make it to post secondary in alberta which may not be such a bad thing as it will likely increase the caliber of graduates coming out of the U.

I bet this would push the entrance requirements to high 80s/low 90s in a lot of faculties.
    Last edited by J-hop; 04-08-2012 at 09:18 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Our tuition is already heavily subsidized and that's why it's so low.

This guy is ridiculous.

Originally posted by J-hop
    not that I agree with this idea but don't forget that although if they make it free for people to go it will increase the demand this will also mean that the entrance requirements will go up in faculties to compensate. This won't mean that everyone gets to go to post secondary for free because I can tell you right now U of C is near capacity. This will also mean that people will actually have to give a shit in highschool to make it to post secondary in alberta which may not be such a bad thing as it will likely increase the caliber of graduates coming out of the U.

I bet this would push the entrance requirements to high 80s/low 90s in a lot of faculties.
    U of C should increase quality of education, regardless of the economic situation. That's for another thread.

Sweden has free post-secondary education and has one of the highest tax rates. Not really a happy bunch if you're making a lot.

This will actually push people to try less.

Last edited by Cos; 01-01-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    XT6

The Liberals also propose to introduce a "Fair Tax" which means large corporations and Albertans who make more than $100,000 a year will pay more each year.
    Shitty idea, we already do pay more through a tiered tax system. Punishing sucess is why the wealthy choose to leave.

I should be retired by around 2025, so maybe I wil do a free MBA to keep me busy.

I would be supportive of subsidizing professions we acutually need. For instance, if they were to provide doctors free tuition if they were to remain in Alberta for 10 years of service after graduation instead of moving to the states - my tax dollars would be much better served.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by rage2

Post secondary education is poor investment in Alberta, hence, the low rates. If they want to tax the rich to support poor investments, they should send some money to my poor investments, aka my cars.
    sometimes I come on beyond and just shake my head, especially after the cock sucking I see some beyonders doing after reading some of your comments... its quite funny really. but..

this comment... gotta love it, cause its 100% true. well said my friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast