Quantcast
Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread! - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread!

My Ride
    NC1

Gonna hit up Louise tomorrow. Riding has improved to where I can make turns on a steeper black run. Gonna skip the moguls and double blacks though. It's been a month so really looking forward to it. Going with a couple girls too so gotta look good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    Gonna hit up Louise tomorrow. Riding has improved to where I can make turns on a steeper black run. Gonna skip the moguls and double blacks though. It's been a month so really looking forward to it. Going with a couple girls too so gotta look good.
    Good luck skipping the moguls at Louise.... It's bad out there right now. They are hurtin' for the white stuff.

That's awesome how fast you've improved max_boost, it really shows how much love and dedication you have for it. I like riding with people like you. I have a couple friends who get kinda bitchy and irritated about falling no matter how much support we give them haha.
    Mercs

Anyone been to Kickinghorse for their end of season? I am heading there for Easter weekend APR 6-9 boarding the 7-8th for their last weekend and am wondering what their conditions are typically like. Cant really find any historical info, I normally thought that interior BC went into May which is why I booked without realizing that this is their last weekend.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

cant help you with kicking horse but if its anything like revy the top is nice spring conditions but the bottom melts away by then

Originally posted by mdeleon
    That's awesome how fast you've improved max_boost, it really shows how much love and dedication you have for it. I like riding with people like you. I have a couple friends who get kinda bitchy and irritated about falling no matter how much support we give them haha.
    I find that Snowboarding is the hardest to learn, but the easiest to progress, so once you've got the hang of it you move forward pretty quickly (not shitting on your parade max_boost... you're still my boy blue).

Skiing is easiest to learn, but hardest to progress.

As for Kicking Horse, it should be fine in April.

Haven't gone boarding for 30 days! I'm going mad

A debate for you guys. Lets say like me you live 3+ hours away, and you can't make it to the mountains would you go to a city hill a couple times a week to keep it fresh?

I go 3 days a week after school to the local hill Snow Valley has 2 chairlifts and a magic carpet, probably half the vertical of COP. I like going every couple days because at least I can get out even if it is boring, it is still snowboarding and better than nothing.

My friend who seems equally as into snowboarding and is as hard core as I am refuses to go to small hills like this, says they are boring, a waste of time, not really snowboarding etc and is only willing to ride the mountains which is about once a month.

Personally I think being able to go after school strap on my board, breath some fresh air, and forget about all the things bothering me is what snowboarding is about, doesn't matter when where how why etc.

Sorry had to rant can't find anyone to go to snow valley with me tonight ha ha.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'd like to challenge myself every time I go. Pick a difficult run or two to keep it interesting for myself. Doing the same run over and over again doesn't sit well with me. But hey, snowboarding is about having fun and doing your own thing so if it keeps you happy why the hell not?

My Ride
    Lariat

i would always go to COP after school when i was younger and it was great, mind you i was there to ride park which is one thing cop does pretty well, if it wasnt for that i would probably have gone there very rarely

i have a few buddies in e town that are down to calgary crashing my couches and floors to ride every few weekends, its great having a stoked crew to ride with
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

If you have fun who cares?

I go hike a mountain with my skins and ride maybe 2 runs max a day and some of my friends think I'm crazy.. But I love it.

My Ride
    NC1

Yea bras. Thanks for the support.

I'm still very n00b amateur obviously but not bad for a 30 year old dude trying it out for the first time a few months ago

I'm decent enough to get down the hill and that's it. I still hate getting off the chairlift, going down narrow runs where if I try to switch edges I feel like I'm going to ride off the cliff Hesitant in turning at times, hesitant in going fast, fear of catching edges, a lot of lazy side slipping etc.

Probably will never challenge myself for black/double blacks/tricks etc. But I digress, my goal was just to be able to ride so I won't feel left out if I get invited to ski trips. Gives you something to look forward to during the winter months .
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Nakiska tomorrow anyone?

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by asp integra

hahahaha

well we didnt film anything (unfortunately) but OMG today was by far the deepest day i have ever skied in my life. every single run had so many face shots i couldnt even count. there were spots all over that were up to tit deep. i was choking on snow like crazy all day. were were talking to alot of fernie locals who could only remember a few other days that were as good.

saturday was really good too, got opening line on currie bowl but the snow was alot heavier. today was colder and the snow was insanely light and fluffy and there was 1/10th the crowd as sat.

i can barely walk right now, stairs hate me, BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
    man you mustve been there with us, I was one of the first 6 into currie saturday and im lucky I didn't drown on sunday! One of the first chairs up old side sunday got multiple first runs on cedar chutes so sick. Our last run Sunday was shoulder deep when STOPPED!

my brother has video including the chinese downhill when the currie line was dropped, hes still editing though.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Ya so anyways I'm off to Nakiska in about an hour, red jacket blue pants black helmet, Oakley Crowbars and Rossi E-88's, if anyone cares.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Yea bras. Thanks for the support.

I'm still very n00b amateur obviously but not bad for a 30 year old dude trying it out for the first time a few months ago

I'm decent enough to get down the hill and that's it. I still hate getting off the chairlift, going down narrow runs where if I try to switch edges I feel like I'm going to ride off the cliff Hesitant in turning at times, hesitant in going fast, fear of catching edges, a lot of lazy side slipping etc.

Probably will never challenge myself for black/double blacks/tricks etc. But I digress, my goal was just to be able to ride so I won't feel left out if I get invited to ski trips. Gives you something to look forward to during the winter months .
    Fuck I lazy side slip all the time, its hard work and I get tired. Plus skiers may be able to rip through moguls (not enjoyably for some) but snowboarders it's a whole different game... I can through them, but sometimes I am tired.

You'll start pushing yourself. The more you go, the faster you'll get, the more confident you will be.

TIP: With fear of catching edges, it's actually 100x easier to catch an edge going slow. Faster you go, the less likely you will catch an edge.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I hope Fernie is great this weekend, leaving in an hour...

My Ride
    05' Accord LX-V6

Originally posted by Spoons

TIP: With fear of catching edges, it's actually 100x easier to catch an edge going slow. Faster you go, the less likely you will catch an edge.
    Good advice right there. And it's never too late to start on blacks/moguls, so long as you continue to set higher goals for yourself and keep riding. It took me 8+ years to get to the point where I'm pretty confident with black runs (partly from lack of commitment (1 outing a year) and lack of money as a kid). Just keep doing what you're doing max_boost

My Ride
    Fire Truck

Living in Banff, I always get the "Im not doing Norquay/lake Louise/Sunshine everyday/ 5 x week because I go to KH or REvy or Castle et al. " whatever. Get out there and enjoy it. When the summer comes they same ppl bitch about when is the winter coming.

I go heli-boarding/Heli-splitboarding/touring quite regularly as I'm casually employed with CMH. I never want to be indoors if I don't have to. Resort/on-piste boarding is always a good way to learn to ride switch, tighten up your skills bag or bang out a couple tree runs. It makes for better rider. Can't ride if you are always waiting for the 'big dump' I get 100 solid days. Good friend of mine get 300+ working at the the Lake and when it closes heading to whistler then going to NZ to teach down there.

Hitting sunshine today. 22 cm of freshies !!

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 ... LastLast