Quantcast
Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread! - Page 36 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread!

My Ride
    Lariat

i would have to agree about sunshine, there is not alot of bigger stuff, the only thing that falls into that category is dive and its rarely open and you need avi stuff to access it ( not that im complaining, its good to keep the noobs out of there)
    but then you get to louise with whitehorn chutes and all the back bowls it makes for sick bigger mountain lines! Shine usually gets a bit more snow but louise has better terrain
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

I agree on all counts, but if I'm willing to drive an extra half hour to Louise for better snow and vertical I'm willing to drive just that much further to get to Kicking Horse on the day trip side of things.

Wild west, delirium, wawa ridge > anything at Louise. The only thing worth riding at Louise is the west bowl. And it's prone to sliding so you have to be careful.

If your going to drive to Louise you might as well go to kicking horse.

On another note another epic day at sunshine. Waist plus deep powder in wild west. Some sick runs off standish too.

Wasn't on top of my game today. Epic day for sure, had some solid runs on Divide, SS Chutes and Wawa, but overall I have skied much much better, my knee was bothering me a bit after lunch.... It is what it is until I get my ACL surgery.

Now I really wanna try out some rockers.

My Ride
    Lariat

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Wasn't on top of my game today. Epic day for sure, had some solid runs on Divide, SS Chutes and Wawa, but overall I have skied much much better, my knee was bothering me a bit after lunch.... It is what it is until I get my ACL surgery.

Now I really wanna try out some rockers.
    rockers are life changing in pow, u can be more agressive, not having to lean back to keep the tips up is so nice, plus you can surf the snow more as well, makes pow even more playful
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

Originally posted by asp integra

rockers are life changing in pow, u can be more agressive, not having to lean back to keep the tips up is so nice, plus you can surf the snow more as well, makes pow even more playful
    Fuck I still lean back with mine (mind you I am on a snowboard). I LOVE the tapered tail sinking deep in when I lean back and I can just slash it across like I'm surfing. Love it.

Going to Kimberley this weekend. It's been putting down 15cm a day pretty well.

EDIT: Also if anyone has any passes to Kimberley they need off their hands or an used up RCR card I could borrow... I would greatly love you.
    Last edited by Spoons; 03-07-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Originally posted by Spoons

Fuck I still lean back with mine (mind you I am on a snowboard). I LOVE the tapered tail sinking deep in when I lean back and I can just slash it across like I'm surfing. Love it.

EDIT: Also if anyone has any passes to Kimberley they need off their hands or an used up RCR card I could borrow... I would greatly love you.
    My snowboard is flat with a tip/tail rocker. Ride Machete 164w, haven't had it out in deep pow yet but so far so good. I just HAD to ski the last few days. Next big dump will be my first powder/rocker experience. Looking forward to it!

My Ride
    Lariat

i have an RCR card i wont be using any more this year if you want it, i have skied 4 days on it, so the next days would be 5th and 6th then 7th is free, pm me if your interested
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    2006 HP

nakiska this weekend then fernie in a week! hopefully they get some snow, does anybody know/recommend good runs for boarding? trees, small cliffs etc.

i have an RCR card i wont be using any more this year if you want it, i have skied 4 days on it, so the next days would be 5th and 6th then 7th is free, pm me if your interested
    You've got PM

My Ride
    Lariat

Originally posted by poison
    nakiska this weekend then fernie in a week! hopefully they get some snow, does anybody know/recommend good runs for boarding? trees, small cliffs etc.
    fernie has great spots all over, top of cedar bowl is good, pretty much any of the alpine bowls are great for ripping around in the trees and you can find some little drops all over as well, nothing huge but alot of fun spots
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

fernie has great spots all over, top of cedar bowl is good, pretty much any of the alpine bowls are great for ripping around in the trees and you can find some little drops all over as well, nothing huge but alot of fun spots
    Hollywood underneath Timber isn't that big but damn does it get the nerves going. Nothing like standing on top with a whole chair cheering at you, only to eat shit.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Hey guys,

I blew out my knee (torn MCL and minor damage to ACL) on Wednesday at Castle Mtn so I'm done for the session and well I got two Louise cards to sell one is on a free day while the other is one day from a free day. If your interested I'd like to get $60 for the both of them. Let me know if your interested.

Was out in Kimberley Friday and Saturday, was good but really warm. Went to Fernie for Sunday but got there at 12:30pm and only stayed for 2 hours. It was VERY wet, soaked the the bone after 2 hours and just couldn't take it anymore. Would have been amazing if it was colder.

PUMPED for this weekend. Big Red Cats in Rossland for some cat skiing on Friday. We are in the Uber Expert group... I anticipate I will have my ass handed to me but should be fun.

Was out in Kimberley Friday and Saturday, was good but really warm. Went to Fernie for Sunday but got there at 12:30pm and only stayed for 2 hours. It was VERY wet, soaked the the bone after 2 hours and just couldn't take it anymore. Would have been amazing if it was colder.

PUMPED for this weekend. Big Red Cats in Rossland for some cat skiing on Friday. We are in the Uber Expert group... I anticipate I will have my ass handed to me but should be fun.

Nice! Sounds like a blast, I hope you have a good time! Don't worry about getting your ass handed to you, you don't become a better skier by being in the lead 100% of the time! Go give 'er and make the leader work!

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Nice! Sounds like a blast, I hope you have a good time! Don't worry about getting your ass handed to you, you don't become a better skier by being in the lead 100% of the time! Go give 'er and make the leader work!
    Oh exactly. I'm definitely a chaser on the hill anyways. I like to ride with people that are better than me to push my skills. Plus it's powder riding, a little tomahawking should be in store.

I'll be able to really give this Burton Barracuda its run for its money now.

Has anyone rode with Big Red before in their Uber Expert group? Biggest cliff I've hit is probably 10-15ft. 20ft into pure powder I don't think I'd have an issue with... But if we start working into the 20+... woa mama. I'm getting nervous with the "mandatory drops with no exit route." I didn't purposely sign up for Uber expert, I'm taking over for a girl who hurt herself.
    Last edited by Spoons; 03-12-2012 at 04:05 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Where's all the chat?! March is going off right now or is everyone all out on the hill?

Less than 24 hours and I will be taking more face shots than a cheap Korean prostitue.

My Ride
    2006 HP

Where's all the chat?! March is going off right now or is everyone all out on the hill?

Less than 24 hours and I will be taking more face shots than a cheap Korean prostitue.
    Fernie for 2 days tomo!! Whoot!!

Originally posted by poison

Fernie for 2 days tomo!! Whoot!!
    They're getting pounded too.

Red Mountain and Whitewater is going OFF though. I was talking to Ski Cellars owner (I can't remember his name) and he said I was pretty well going on the holy grail of Canadian Ski Trips.

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 ... LastLast