Quantcast
Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread! - Page 37 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread!

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

im hittin revy this weekend, hopefully it dumps friday night haha

My Ride
    05' Accord LX-V6

Originally posted by poison

Fernie for 2 days tomo!! Whoot!!
    Can't wait for the weekend, headed out there too

My Ride
    Lariat

2 weeks today and I will be at monashee powder cats for 3 days! its been snowing hard 3 weeks straight, a meter in the last 5 and 25cm in the lasy day! I hope it keeps up!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

On my way to Big Red. I'll post pictures of the Kootney Pass later, its crazy right now.

Fuck I wish I had more than 1 ski buddy who's not a total brokeass.... Can't ever get around to doing shit like that because of it. I hope you all have a great time out there!

Just go back from Marmot today, hiked up from the knob and did the peak run first thing in the morning, glad I didn't wait until later in the day. Weather was nice, but snow wasnt any where near as good as last weekend, it was busy and anything that wasnt groomed was tracked out it seemed by lunch. Snow started getting a little slushy by the end of the day which also didn't really impress me since I didn't use a warm wax. But whatever, can't have it all.

On a side note what is it with all these losers and their go pro cams. I swear 70% of the people that wear them are fucking terrible. There are a few that wear them that are decent, but if you had a good run, why do you need a video of it, is your memory that bad? why not do it again. also a first person view is not the way I want to look at my run, what I am looking at is is not hwat I want to re live, I much prefer third person. If I want to board or ski I will focus on that, not filming. If I want to watch a sweet video I will throw on the Art of Flight, or some old Mack Dawg productions. My biggest pet peeve with people and their go pro camera is that they are so focused on filming they are unaware of their surroundings. I was getting cut off all day by people with their go pro cameras any time any time I came below mid mountain.

/end rant
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

Have a set of k2 impacts that are brand new in wrapper and with marker bindings in the box still that I got as a gift but I never ski anymore. Anyone interested? Pm me. Cheap!

Originally posted by boarderfatty

On a side note what is it with all these losers and their go pro cams. I swear 70% of the people that wear them are fucking terrible. There are a few that wear them that are decent, but if you had a good run, why do you need a video of it, is your memory that bad? why not do it again. also a first person view is not the way I want to look at my run, what I am looking at is is not hwat I want to re live, I much prefer third person. If I want to board or ski I will focus on that, not filming. If I want to watch a sweet video I will throw on the Art of Flight, or some old Mack Dawg productions. My biggest pet peeve with people and their go pro camera is that they are so focused on filming they are unaware of their surroundings. I was getting cut off all day by people with their go pro cameras any time any time I came below mid mountain.

/end rant
    hahaha. My buddy and I had the exact convo at panorama on Saturday. Pretty much word for word.

My Ride
    2006 HP

got back from yesterday from Fernie, best time i've had on a snowboard haha..got super wet on saturday tho but sunday was just sick..cant wait to go back

Originally posted by Chester

hahaha. My buddy and I had the exact convo at panorama on Saturday. Pretty much word for word.
    Like fawk I just find it super frustrating. I was going to do my usual cliff into the drop zone (8-10ft with soft landing) nothing to crazy but still fun. Then this asshole with his go pro on a stick, not paying attention to me cuts across the ridgeline to make his way around on a blue. I miss my point, hit is off balance, land off balance in some hardpack and rock from a little higher height. Now my back is just screwed. I cant even get out of bed this morning. What I fould really sucked though is not only could I not finish the day, I had just broken even on my marmot seasons pass, and would have liked to go next weekend to make it worth it. I also have prepaid for a big trip to kickinghorse and Revy in two weeks. Hopefully my chiropractor can work miracle between now and then

Like fawk I just find it super frustrating. I was going to do my usual cliff into the drop zone (8-10ft with soft landing) nothing to crazy but still fun. Then this asshole with his go pro on a stick, not paying attention to me cuts across the ridgeline to make his way around on a blue. I miss my point, hit is off balance, land off balance in some hardpack and rock from a little higher height. Now my back is just screwed. I cant even get out of bed this morning. What I fould really sucked though is not only could I not finish the day, I had just broken even on my marmot seasons pass, and would have liked to go next weekend to make it worth it. I also have prepaid for a big trip to kickinghorse and Revy in two weeks. Hopefully my chiropractor can work miracle between now and then
    Your problem isn't the people, it's the mountains. Anything near Edmonton and Calgary you are guaranteed to find a bunch of gapers. That is why runs get tracked out and moguls, because lots of people here suck.

Me on the other hand HAD THE MOST UNREAL FUCKING WEEKEND OF MY LIFE. Hands fucking down best weekend I have had.

I will start off with friday at Big Red. All week we are nervous because of the avy warnings and it was raining in Rossland. Get up there and it is perfect champagne powder everywhere and still dumping. Honestly I was having an orgasm every run.

Saturday at Red Mountain. Wasn't bad but wasn't good. There was new snow, and we found lots of it, but when you got down lower where it was raining the days before, it was hard and crunchy. Still had a blast.

Sunday at Whitewater. Holy fucking shit is this place awesome. I'm seriously considering moving out the Nelson, not even shitting you. The mountain is HUGE! It's 2 2 man chairs, and 1 3 man chair that are slow speed, so it doesn't pump people up the hill. That and it isn't really busy to begin with. Then the snow... The snow is perfect and the get a shit ton of it. We were still finding fresh tracks at 2:30-3:00. Not to mention it has awesome slack country with short hikes. We also saw the old people from All I Can.

I'm sitting here at work depressed. I want to be back out there. I'm in awe of the weekend I just got away with. So much snow.

Revelstoke this weekend. Can't wait.

Originally posted by Spoons

Your problem isn't the people, it's the mountains. Anything near Edmonton and Calgary you are guaranteed to find a bunch of gapers. That is why runs get tracked out and moguls, because lots of people here suck.

I know the mountain is part of the problem, but when I work saturdays and mondays I only really have 1 day to travel and snowboard. I dont think it is possible for me to get up at 2 am to get to a mountain in interior BC ski for a day and then spend another 6 hours or so driving home 3am to 11pm is just dangerous.

I know the mountain is part of the problem, but when I work saturdays and mondays I only really have 1 day to travel and snowboard. I dont think it is possible for me to get up at 2 am to get to a mountain in interior BC ski for a day and then spend another 6 hours or so driving home 3am to 11pm is just dangerous.
    Oh definitely, my point being there are good ones.

Nelson is actually looking sweet. House prices are dirt cheap and I could get away with planting trees all summer and snowboarding all winter

My Ride
    Lariat

i have been keeping an eye on monashee powder cats the last few weeks and i am getting more and more excited. last week they had about a meter of snow, and again a meter so far in the past 7 days. And it just keeps on snowing! I cant wait till next friday!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Super cool video on the kootenay pass avalanche control heli. Some crazy slides!

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

sickest job? haha

Originally posted by Freeskier
    Super cool video on the kootenay pass avalanche control heli. Some crazy slides!

Some of the best back country back there, but as the video shows, got to be super careful. Not too many people hike that mountain that they are blasting in the video... It slides ALL THE TIME. Just look at the amount of alpine.

Revy and Kicking Horse eat your hearts out: Jumbo Glacier Resort gets the go-ahead. What could potentially be the best ski resort on the continent (year-round to boot) will become something of a reality.

The skier in me just came a little. The rest of me isn't happy at all.

Originally posted by kertejud2
    Revy and Kicking Horse eat your hearts out: Jumbo Glacier Resort gets the go-ahead. What could potentially be the best ski resort on the continent (year-round to boot) will become something of a reality.

The skier in me just came a little. The rest of me isn't happy at all.
    It was given the go-ahead, but watch it be squashed again.

It is a VERY conditional go-ahead.

i don't get how this glacier is going to get fresh snow all year round, does it snow in august on this glacier? are they just going to make snow?

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 ... LastLast