Quantcast
Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread! - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread!

Stupidly epic day at sunshine today. Waist deep powder on the shoulder and backdoor all morning. Face shots all afternoon in wildwest!! Legs are screaming.

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Stupidly epic day at sunshine today. Waist deep powder on the shoulder and backdoor all morning. Face shots all afternoon in wildwest!! Legs are screaming.
    You got that right!

My Ride
    Lariat

was at shine today, some fresh overnight but sooo windy, did side door and standish a few times cause all the other lifts were closed but we got 1 run on teepee town which was sick untracked and face shot pow right at the end of the day when angel opened
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Anyone in revelstoke this weekend? Talked to a buddy of mine and he was telling me it was waist deep pretty much everywhere. Powder so deep half the skiers on the hill were riding streamers or using shovels to find their skies. Highways closed both heading east and west of revy
    Last edited by mazdavirgin; 03-05-2012 at 02:08 AM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by asp integra
    was at shine today, some fresh overnight but sooo windy, did side door and standish a few times cause all the other lifts were closed but we got 1 run on teepee town which was sick untracked and face shot pow right at the end of the day when angel opened
    Redlyne_MR2 and I went to Sunshine too, was so sick!

Got 2 commercial accounts that I have to look after today, or I'd already be there. Gonna ski and board most of the week tho. Sunshine tomorrow fo sho! Took out my E88's for the first time on Saturday and I dunno what all this rocker hype is about, cuz I was blowing by rockers on each run with little or no effort. Still can't decide if I wanna bring out the Xwing 198's tho...

Rockers don't go as fast, they're meant to have a floaty feel and easier to carve in, especially in pow.
    Mercs

My Ride
    Hatred

Hopefully I can get out to Sunshine on Wednesday!
    -U

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Sunshine yesterday was awesome, but so windy. I was the noob trying to 360 of the little cat track under angel at the very bottom in the afternoon.

My Ride
    TDI

I was at Sunshine on Saturday, and just took the day off work to go tomorrow!

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Got 2 commercial accounts that I have to look after today, or I'd already be there. Gonna ski and board most of the week tho. Sunshine tomorrow fo sho! Took out my E88's for the first time on Saturday and I dunno what all this rocker hype is about, cuz I was blowing by rockers on each run with little or no effort. Still can't decide if I wanna bring out the Xwing 198's tho...
    Trying riding steep and deep. My rockers would ruin you. Purely a powder ski.

Heading out tomorrow. Standish till 10:30. Wild west laps till 3! Too bad the dive won't be open, would be all time in there tomorrow.

Trying riding steep and deep. My rockers would ruin you. Purely a powder ski.

Heading out tomorrow. Standish till 10:30. Wild west laps till 3! Too bad the dive won't be open, would be all time in there tomorrow.

Is that a challenge? I haven't skied much wild west, but I can rip the south side chutes easily, and for a guy with a knee and back brace and no rockers I might very well surprise a lot of people.

Rockers, I wanna try 'em regardless, I mean if it makes things easier and more fun, why not eh? What I meant is I'm perfectly confident without 'em in any terrain out here, having learned to ski on ice in Quebec in the 80's.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 03-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

I was at Louise today and it was so good. The first couple runs I kept wiping out, had to adjust to the snow. Such an awesome time, my legs are so sore right now.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Is that a challenge? I haven't skied much wild west, but I can rip the south side chutes easily, and for a guy with a knee and back brace and no rockers I might very well surprise a lot of people.

Rockers, I wanna try 'em regardless, I mean if it makes things easier and more fun, why not eh? What I meant is I'm perfectly confident without 'em in any terrain out here, having learned to ski on ice in Quebec in the 80's.
    No challange! Yah I did come off a little cocky there thats my bad. I was really confident as well then I picked up some rockers and learned their subtleties and its just much easier and little more fun!

I love the chutes when the snow is good. I hate when it gets sunbaked and hard though.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Almost all the skis other than the technical race shapes are coming out with some form of rocker. The front-side carvers are calling it early rise tip and the twins usually call it something like all terrain or jib rocker. Very few new skis are traditionally cambered from tip to tail. In the same way we're not seeing any skis come out with the old tip to tail continuous rocker, most have an s bendy rocker tip and tail with camber or flat underfoot.

Here's k2's chart. They don't have anything this year with traditional camber and only a couple with the speed camber.

Last edited by Freeskier; 03-05-2012 at 08:54 PM.

No challange! Yah I did come off a little cocky there thats my bad. I was really confident as well then I picked up some rockers and learned their subtleties and its just much easier and little more fun!

I love the chutes when the snow is good. I hate when it gets sunbaked and hard though.
    Hahaha ya no doubt eh who cares who's a better skier lol I'll be there tomorrow too, not a fan of Standish but I can be found on Goat's Eye before noon, red jacket blue pants black helmet. 6'4"/245ish. Lifted black Dodge leaving at 6:30 am.

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
    Anyone in revelstoke this weekend? Talked to a buddy of mine and he was telling me it was waist deep pretty much everywhere. Powder so deep half the skiers on the hill were riding streamers or using shovels to find their skies. Highways closed both heading east and west of revy
    Drove out at 4am on Saturday morning, would have left on Friday night but my sister was on call and didn't finish till after midnight. Got there in time to get in the gondola line when it was "only" at the Guest Services door.

Unbelievable powder in the North Bowl on Saturday, it and Greely were tragically closed Sunday but there was no shortage of snow. Because of rain down the mountain the Gondola runs were getting pretty heavy near the station but Ripper was insane. All the snow from Saturday was blown off the trees and filled in all the tracks. Waist deep gladesno matter where you went it seemed. What a mountain.

Originally posted by kertejud2

Drove out at 4am on Saturday morning, would have left on Friday night but my sister was on call and didn't finish till after midnight. Got there in time to get in the gondola line when it was "only" at the Guest Services door.

Unbelievable powder in the North Bowl on Saturday, it and Greely were tragically closed Sunday but there was no shortage of snow. Because of rain down the mountain the Gondola runs were getting pretty heavy near the station but Ripper was insane. All the snow from Saturday was blown off the trees and filled in all the tracks. Waist deep gladesno matter where you went it seemed. What a mountain.
    I will keep this in mind if I want to brush up on some mountaineering boot pack through sunshine.

No matter the amount of snow, sunshine still sucks. Louise is getting hit just as hard, I would be making the extra 30 minute trip and get way better terrain.

Something about hiking out of Angel runs just doesn't seem fun.... The steep is out there at sunshine, but short and very little.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Spoons

I will keep this in mind if I want to brush up on some mountaineering boot pack through sunshine.

No matter the amount of snow, sunshine still sucks. Louise is getting hit just as hard, I would be making the extra 30 minute trip and get way better terrain.

Something about hiking out of Angel runs just doesn't seem fun.... The steep is out there at sunshine, but short and very little.
    uhh, he is talking about revy, not sunshine

Originally posted by ercchry

uhh, he is talking about revy, not sunshine
    DOH

My statement still stands for Sunshine. How I missed North Bowl and Greely is beyond me.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast