Quantcast
Official Kijiji Funnies Thread - Page 56 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2141

Thread: Official Kijiji Funnies Thread

Fuck I love the Romania album

My Ride
    2013 BMW 335i

So here's a gem for you guys. Everything started off well and met this guy on Sunday at his place to take a look at his car. Interior and exterior checks out for the most part so I tell him right away I'd like to take it in for a mechanical inspection, the guy is hesitant but agrees on the condition i give him a $500 deposit which make sense as i'm taking his car so i agree to the terms.

We tentatively plan for Friday this week (still need to call the shop to confirm) and then he pulls the salesman speech on me saying that it could be gone by Fri so no guarantees (i've seen the ad up for over a month now so i thought yeah right) which rubbed me the wrong way.

So here are the issues:

- car is not currently registered so he's not willing to take the car off his drive way for inspection
    - when I called vitek (indy shop known for their work on BMW's) they said they could squeeze me in for this week but on the condition i leave the car over night so they would be able to look at the car in between jobs
    - no existing service records
    - guy claims not to know a lot about cars but has a whole backyard of euro cars that he claims is his bro

So i call the seller back today letting him know that the shop needs to have the vehicle for a few nights to get the work done and he comes hesitant again. Basically gives me a tonne of bs excuses like what if other potential buyers want to come look at the car, or that he was worried about leaving the car over night as the shop might "pull parts out" etc. The funniest excuse was that he thought I was going to take it directly to BMW and that he'd feel more comfortable if i took it to the dealership.

At this point i'm turned off from buying the car as i feel he has something to hide (hence the excuses) or just the fact that it's such a hassle to arrange for an inspection. Is there something i'm missing here or is this guy on crack?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
    Last edited by artieg30; 10-03-2016 at 10:37 PM.

The term is, curber.
    Flips cars, nothing out of ordinary.

Get him to take it to a mutually agreed shop. Really it doesn't need to go to bmw shop for an inspection.
    But would be nice to get the BMW codes read.
    Otherwise, most is visual anyways. Just need a hoist.

Originally posted by artieg30
    So here's a gem for you guys. Everything started off well and met this guy on Sunday at his place to take a look at his car. Interior and exterior checks out for the most part so I tell him right away I'd like to take it in for a mechanical inspection, the guy is hesitant but agrees on the condition i give him a $500 deposit which make sense as i'm taking his car so i agree to the terms.

We tentatively plan for Friday this week (still need to call the shop to confirm) and then he pulls the salesman speech on me saying that it could be gone by Fri so no guarantees (i've seen the ad up for over a month now so i thought yeah right) which rubbed me the wrong way.

So here are the issues:

- car is not currently registered so he's not willing to take the car off his drive way for inspection
    - when I called vitek (indy shop known for their work on BMW's) they said they could squeeze me in for this week but on the condition i leave the car over night so they would be able to look at the car in between jobs
    - no existing service records
    - guy claims not to know a lot about cars but has a whole backyard of euro cars that he claims is his bro

So i call the seller back today letting him know that the shop needs to have the vehicle for a few nights to get the work done and he comes hesitant again. Basically gives me a tonne of bs excuses like what if other potential buyers want to come look at the car, or that he was worried about leaving the car over night as the shop might "pull parts out" etc. The funniest excuse was that he thought I was going to take it directly to BMW and that he'd feel more comfortable if i took it to the dealership.

At this point i'm turned off from buying the car as i feel he has something to hide (hence the excuses) or just the fact that it's such a hassle to arrange for an inspection. Is there something i'm missing here or is this guy on crack?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
    If I was him I would likely tell you to pound sand. It's a $6k beamer not $30k. You want him to let you take his car for a few nights for a simple inspection? As a seller that would just sound shady and retarded. I would also trust a dealership more then a 3rd party shop (regardless of which one it is) if I was selling because who knows if you know the mechanic at the shop who will help you grind the guy?

/2cents

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by Type_S1

If I was him I would likely tell you to pound sand. It's a $6k beamer not $30k. You want him to let you take his car for a few nights for a simple inspection? As a seller that would just sound shady and retarded. I would also trust a dealership more then a 3rd party shop (regardless of which one it is) if I was selling because who knows if you know the mechanic at the shop who will help you grind the guy?

/2cents
    Word. Buyer sounds like too much trouble. I used to flip cars back in the day, and they were all solid when I flipped them. Just because it's a curber doesn't mean it's a POS. Book in it in to a shop that can look at it same day, I wouldn't leave a car I was trying to sell at some random shop for days either. Or just eyeball the car, run an OBD scan and take a chance, like Type_S1 said, it's a 14 year old $6k used car.

My Ride
    2013 BMW 335i

Some interesting responses here but typical beyond I suppose. Regardless of the fact it's a $6,000 car I simply wanted it inspected as a formality. I didn't intend to have the car over night at a shop and would much rather the inspection be done in a few hours but the shop i preferred was fully booked for the week.

I've owned a few BMW's in my life time and would only feel comfortable taking it to a few shops that i actually do trust, it's not the fact that it's a BMW and that I only trust BMW trained techs to work on an older car like this; but more so it's harder to find trustworthy and reliable indy shops these days.

That being said i was flexible with the seller too and offered him alternative solutions. I was open to taking the car to the dealership for inspection and i even offered him the alternative of taking the car to vitek in a few weeks when their schedule clears. I've been pretty reasonable and have communicated to the seller what i want to do thus far so in no way am I "trouble", i'm just trying to get all my shit in order.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

I hate timewasters as much as the next guy, and understand the need to screen people when selling something a bit special, but the day I give a deposit just to SEE a car...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Also, he's on drugs at $100k in my opinion. There are $100k Nomads out there, but this isn't that grade.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by carson blocks
    I hate timewasters as much as the next guy, and understand the need to screen people when selling something a bit special, but the day I give a deposit just to SEE a car...

Also, he's on drugs at $100k in my opinion. There are $100k Nomads out there, but this isn't that grade.
    There was a guy trying to sell an old car, maybe a 60's Impala, I don't remember, and his ad was very specific that he was only taking local calls. I check Kijiji every day out of habit, and the thing I get the most is that people are fucked in the head because there's always dumb shit like that.

I also like the "no scammers" line in every other ad. Like there's scammers reading it and they get to that line, and they're like, well fuck. Scammers are cunts, not chivalrous gentlemen.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

lol, selten design is the first F rating I've seen on BBB, 8 complaints against him.

Google richard vass selten design. Several old kijiji ads warning about him!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

LMAO

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride

Is basic literacy just not a thing anymore?

^That was outstanding
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride

an it's only a v4 so it would be a easy job just don't have time to Doit wit going to school
    Going to school sounds like a good choice.

My Ride

I like the people who lead off their ads with "up for grabs" like it's something worth hurrying for. It's always junk, and if you miss it there's always more junk "up for grabs".

I also like the people every once in a while that say "no emails, my email doesn't work". How did you activate the ad then fuckhead? (This one might be on me, maybe there's another way to activate ads but the only way I've ever done it is to have the link emailed.)
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by SKR
    I like the people who lead off their ads with "up for grabs" like it's something worth hurrying for. It's always junk, and if you miss it there's always more junk "up for grabs".

I also like the people every once in a while that say "no emails, my email doesn't work". How did you activate the ad then fuckhead? (This one might be on me, maybe there's another way to activate ads but the only way I've ever done it is to have the link emailed.)
    If you us the app there is no need to activate

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I email them anyways

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride

Originally posted by ercchry

If you us the app there is no need to activate
    Alright well I guess I'm the fuckhead then.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride

Originally posted by SKR

Alright well I guess I'm the fuckhead then.
    Nah, if someone is trying to sell something online and can't figure out how to get a working email address, they're still the fuckhead. If you want phone calls only, put it in the auto trader, bargain finder, or some other place no one under 60 looks at.

Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast