Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 259 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 259 of 298 FirstFirst ... 249 258 259 260 269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

I am a fan of both based on their fighting styles, and how they try and finish fights. This was a very dissapointing fight on both ends. I think the decision was fair.

On Diaz's end, I think if he should have mixed in some takedowns(not that he is very good at them) earlier on, it might have sealed a victory for him, or he could have gotten a sub. At the very least it would have made Condit be wary of a TD.

On Condit's end its bittersweet. Yes he gets the W and fights GSP. However this wasn't the Condit that I've watched previously, the one that goes in to finish a fight, the exact opposite actually. From rd. 1 you could see he was in it to win on points. All the pre-fight hype about "its gonna be a war" "nick diaz knows he has a fight on his hands" "we both come out to bang" was just that, hype.

"they are gonna have to carry me out of the ring"... yeaaaaaa

You win the fight by "game plan", you pay the consquences. He got booed when he got his belt. No applause by the media, only a few people gave him congrats. He was ignored in the post-fight presser. Noone even wanted photos with him. When they asked him questions, notice how he responded a few times "I did what my coaches told me to do". But hey, he did his job and got the "belt".

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by dimi
    I am a fan of both based on their fighting styles, and how they try and finish fights. This was a very dissapointing fight on both ends. I think the decision was fair.

On Diaz's end, I think if he should have mixed in some takedowns(not that he is very good at them) earlier on, it might have sealed a victory for him, or he could have gotten a sub. At the very least it would have made Condit be wary of a TD.

On Condit's end its bittersweet. Yes he gets the W and fights GSP. However this wasn't the Condit that I've watched previously, the one that goes in to finish a fight, the exact opposite actually. From rd. 1 you could see he was in it to win on points. All the pre-fight hype about "its gonna be a war" "nick diaz knows he has a fight on his hands" "we both come out to bang" was just that, hype.

You win the fight by "game plan", you pay the consquences. He got booed when he got his belt. No applause by the media, only a few people gave him congrats. He was ignored in the post-fight presser. Noone even wanted photos with him. When they asked him questions, notice how he responded a few times "I did what my coaches told me to do". But hey, he did his job and got the "belt".
    But you can't really expect him to sit in the pocket and fight Diaz, because no one's ever gotten out of that situation a winner except Diaz.

And I have to give Diaz credit for taking some pretty good shots on the chin. He's lost by knockout once in his career and that was very early in his career (unless you count the doctor stoppage in EliteXC).
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by TeamBestBud
    I think him and his brother are smoking that reefer again.

I called it!!!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27355/nick...ng-ufc-143.mma

Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz may ultimately fight again someday, but it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Former Strikeforce champion Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his controversial five-round clash with former WEC titleholder Condit at this past weekend's UFC 143 event.

That's according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, who today emailed the event's drug-testing results to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Diaz was one of 18 fighters on the card tested for performance-enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse. The remaining tests received to date have thus far all been negative.

Diaz will ultimately have to appear before the NSAC to address the failed screen. Barring a successful appeal, the offense will serve as Diaz's second infraction under the commission's watch. Diaz also tested positive for marijuana following a 2007 win over Takanori Gomi at PRIDE 33. Diaz was suspended for six months for that offense, and the result of the bout was changed to a no-contest. /snip
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9AuwAxx3PA&

British Andy Silva/Bones Jones - seriously what a debut. Even though it was probably against a random can, this display of offense was tons of fun to watch. The striking, the leg kick, the finish, the non-walk off - walk-off ko.

Here's hoping for him to continue to make noise and see him in UFC

My Ride
    I like. :)

Originally posted by dimi

I liked both fighters and styles going in as well. I wanted Condit to win, but I was afraid he was going to get swarmed and destroyed. Like Diaz has done to everyone he's faced. To Condit's credit he survived the unbeaten-in-years-11-and-0 beast Diaz and he even outscored him. The whole "carry me out" talk is publicity nothing more, take it for what it's worth. Every fighter wants to win and advance his career and get the big paycheque to allow him and his family to survive. Sometimes against a fighter as good as Diaz, the only way to win is to do what Condit did.

People who booed are either ignorant, or Diaz-fanboys, or not real fight fans. I would ask to take several pics with the man who stopped the amazing Diaz and ask for his autograph!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27581/ufc-...ly-ufc-149.mma

ufc in calgary, i've been to one in vegas before might check this one out to if the card is good

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

rampage came in over at 211. everyone else was good.

my picks
    henderson
    bader
    kongo
    shields
    pettis

should actaully be a good card
    Last edited by danno; 02-25-2012 at 02:13 PM.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by danno
    rampage came in over at 211. everyone else was good.

my picks
    henderson
    bader
    kongq
    shields
    pettis

should actaully be a good card
    I agree with you on everything except I think frankies gonna pull it out. I'm a believer!!

henderson
    rampage
    kongo
    akiyama
    okami
    lauzon
    Last edited by BigDannyCool; 02-25-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Stream?

My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Stream?
    little help here

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Originally posted by big A

little help here

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ufc.html

few good links on page 258 as well

My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia

Originally posted by redevil

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ufc.html
    It's working, thank you.

lol i got one fight right

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

i got one wrong and it was one i didn't care about. i want henderson vs pettis now. so pettis can win again.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I don't agree with the Henderson decision at all!! It was a good card overall though
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    G37S

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    I don't agree with the Henderson decision at all!! It was a good card overall though
    Really?
    Fight Statistics

As much as I love Franky Edgar, you seem to be a bit biased. If he would move down a weight division like most guys do, he would rip shit up. But hands down Henderson won that fight.

Yup, I laughed when Edgar said he thought he won the fight. He pretty much did nothing. All the strikes he threw didn't do any damage.

My Ride
    Acura CL

I'm a big Henderson fan but I actually thought Frankie won
    Either way showtime vs Henderson 2 should be a hell of a fight

Page 259 of 298 FirstFirst ... 249 258 259 260 269 ... LastLast