Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1321 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1321 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1311 1320 1321 1322 1331 ... LastLast
Results 26,401 to 26,420 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Do you trade for a living SilverRex?
    nope but I did use to spend 90% studying, analyzing and also trade plenty before I got married. Then I had to put this on pulse a couple of years until my kids grew older. The market has regain my attention lately and I feel there are now opportunities.

if anyone was trading K (kinross gold) it went from the low of the day at 2.66 to 3.17 19%+

whats important is that this is a confirmation breakout with significant volume

also checkout the hui chart (bel0w) which compares the run with 2000 and 2008.

as you can see if this indeed a new bull market, then we should have a very nice predictable pattern in progress.

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1454703684.php
    Last edited by SilverRex; 02-05-2016 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

So do you look at index's (like that hui - not even sure what that is) the commodity specifically, or individual stocks? What are your main technical indicators.. besides that you look for big volume when your breakout signals confirm?

My Ride
    a tank

oil has developed a head and shoulder pattern in the last couple of weeks and it broke the neckline this morning by falling under 30 dollars. while H&S pattern are about 60% accurate and usually is a bottoming reversal or topping scenario it can still be 'a' indicator. This would suggest a price target in around 25.00

it may or may not get there but with the right market news/panic we could, and if we do, hold on to your heads as this may present some great opportunities in the oil sector as Warren buffet famous buy when others are fearful and sell when others are greedy

gold after reaching a key resistance area at around 1191 and 1200. it has taking a slight breather. I am hoping this breather will translate into further weakness/retracement down to the 1170 area first stop follow by 1150 and ultimately a very strong support at 1120-1125.

those are the areas I will be looking to begin re-entering my position in the mining sector however i did pickup a small position to ride the wave

(obviously the longer price move sideways and refuse to drop further the more likely it still has more fuel to push higher into the next key resistance area between 1214-1231
    Last edited by SilverRex; 02-09-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Any thoughts on AQN?

I held at 8, sold at 9.50 and now am contemplating picking them up after this huge post acquisition

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by SilverRex
    oil has developed a head and shoulder pattern in the last couple of weeks and it broke the neckline this morning by falling under 30 dollars. while H&S pattern are about 60% accurate and usually is a bottoming reversal or topping scenario it can still be 'a' indicator. This would suggest a price target in around 25.00

it may or may not get there but with the right market news/panic we could, and if we do, hold on to your heads as this may present some great opportunities in the oil sector as Warren buffet famous buy when others are fearful and sell when others are greedy

gold after reaching a key resistance area at around 1191 and 1200. it has taking a slight breather. I am hoping this breather will translate into further weakness/retracement down to the 1170 area first stop follow by 1150 and ultimately a very strong support at 1120-1125.

those are the areas I will be looking to begin re-entering my position in the mining sector however i did pickup a small position to ride the wave

(obviously the longer price move sideways and refuse to drop further the more likely it still has more fuel to push higher into the next key resistance area between 1214-1231
    So... are you using trendlines for support, past lows/highs, fib retract, elliot wave?

Default sell history at SPRINGBOROUGH

last 12 months sell history at SPRINGBOROUGH, please.

thanks

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by riander5

So... are you using trendlines for support, past lows/highs, fib retract, elliot wave?
    yes I look at all aspects of technical analysis while one can certainly always find a indicator to support a bias view at least it gives me a bit more confidence to pull the trigger.

while gold has not retraced significantly (yet) some stock has hit its first fib entrancement area. I am loading up some position.

as for oil as mentioned a day ago, the H&S pattern is signaling 25 dollar oil and breakdown has begun.

here is an investing chart between the correlation of gold and the Yen, somehow it performs or has been a leading indicator of where gold may be headed.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ihbJ-7d8Q...fU/s1600/3.png

as you can see, gold lags but moves in similar fashion. This completely lines up with the current expectation that gold (even if it heads slightly lower) shoot still be pushing for a higher high then a more significant draw back occurs this would be another golden opportunity to load up on mining stocks
    Last edited by SilverRex; 02-10-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Default Re: sell history at SPRINGBOROUGH

Originally posted by slcchyd
    last 12 months sell history at SPRINGBOROUGH, please.

thanks
    Try this thread:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/246264/wa...ouse-sold-for/

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Thats an interesting chart. Ill definitely follow that / trace it back further to see how long its been valid.

What are you guys thinking for oil / gas ETFs?

Im more confident in a floor for natty gas... Upside to gas is anywhere from 2-2.50, but could possibly go down to 1.70 again. Tight SL on UGAZ?

No idea what oil is going to do... always seems to find ways to sink, but a UWTI play now has big upside even if it heads back to 30. Buy now, leverage down to 25 and wait for a few weeks?

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by riander5
    Thats an interesting chart. Ill definitely follow that / trace it back further to see how long its been valid.

What are you guys thinking for oil / gas ETFs?

Im more confident in a floor for natty gas... Upside to gas is anywhere from 2-2.50, but could possibly go down to 1.70 again. Tight SL on UGAZ?

No idea what oil is going to do... always seems to find ways to sink, but a UWTI play now has big upside even if it heads back to 30. Buy now, leverage down to 25 and wait for a few weeks?
    i havent been looking at natgas but the last time I checked it apperas natgas has already put in a cyclical bottom while (oil is trying to do the same right now)

My Ride
    a tank

well so far everything moving according to plan, pickup a couple of position all in the green between 3-10%

now im hoping gold will at least break above 1200 for one more thrust to a newer high then I will take profit and wait for a bigger pull back
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

wow gold exploded over night and reached as high as 1242. glad I loaded up a couple positions yesterday.

not only did gold take out a previous intermediate high at 1191 now it punched thru 1232 like it was nothing. in all seriousness bear markets rarely do this and indicative of trend change. if 1232 doesnt hold the momentum next up is 1307 - the daily 200 moving average at 1257 may be the next area that can hold down this mad bull

fear is now in full scale and the world is on edge. anyone in equities other than gold/silver to caution

ill begin unwinding my mining position and start taking profit since what I have learn in my past experience is there will always be opportunity and I do expect a bigger pull back for gold once this 5 wave up off the bottom is in place
    Last edited by SilverRex; 02-11-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

already sold one position at open, if gold can hit 1250-1257 I may unwind all my position once again and wait on the side line for re-entry
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Thanks dude.

Decided to buy some B2GOLD and also some Yamana. Didn't have any metals stock in my portfolio..
    Well this has been one of the best trades for me in the past year. Planning on holding both for several months though.

My Ride
    a tank

the gains in such a short period is sickening, k.to kinross gold has moved 114% in 3 weeks. while all my position is in yamana gold, I regret not switching over when I had the chance. I recall deciding to go after kinross during the latest pull back and went both feet in on Yamana instead. still I cant argue all the profits I made this year.

sold the rest of my 2 position in Yri.to will wait for a pull back. not liking the fact that gold pushed thru from 1249 to 1260 yet yri cannot break today's high

will now wait for a bigger pull back and a low in gold some time first week of March.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 02-11-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Toyota’s

the gains in such a short period is sickening, k.to kinross gold has moved 114% in 3 weeks. while all my position is in yamana gold, I regret not switching over when I had the chance. I recall deciding to go after kinross during the latest pull back and went both feet in on Yamana instead. still I cant argue all the profits I made this year.

sold the rest of my 2 position in Yri.to will wait for a pull back. not liking the fact that gold pushed thru from 1249 to 1260 yet yri cannot break today's high

will now wait for a bigger pull back and a low in gold some time first week of March.
    Are your trades based mostly on technical patterns?

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by birdman86

Are your trades based mostly on technical patterns?
    yes I trade mostly on technical analysis, while no analysis is ever guaranteed however i do find it extremely useful and so far the technical analysis lately has been quite accurate

My Ride
    Family Hauler

It sickens me that i didnt listen and throw some money in like BB and instead absorbed more oil losses

My Ride
    NC1

Oh man perhaps that's the bottom for gold. I wonder how many out there refused to sell or buy and watched K drop from $20 to $2 haha same goes for any oil/gas stock as well.

One of my suppliers bought HGU at $100 and it's at $30 now. The bounce from $15 to $30 must have felt so good for him with 2000 shares.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I followed your advice and sold my Eldorado for 33% gain. Will wait along with you.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Page 1321 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1311 1320 1321 1322 1331 ... LastLast