Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1158 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1158 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1148 1157 1158 1159 1168 ... LastLast
Results 23,141 to 23,160 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    G6

I don't know enough about SNC to say, but every time the word "investigation" comes up, I'm a bit worried.

Look at Miranda Technologies (TSX: MT). Down 9% today on record quarterly results. First WCP buys MEL (which I dumped last month, but own WCP) and drop 5% yesterday, then this shit. Not been a good week so far...

Gold down $60, Silver down $2. Awoooga! Abandon ship!

North Korea long term nuclear compliance means the US will only have to fight one war at a time.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Anyone tracking or own Air Canada? Seems ridiculously low right now.
    Yep, stay away. I owned some in 2009 and bailed out when it started going down. I then shorted them a few times back when it was at 2$ and again at like 1.35$ or something. Stay away from airlines but especially AC!
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 12:26 AM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Anyone hearing anything on Novus? Up 8% since I recommended them but haven't seen any press releases.

My WSX recommendation is also doing well.

Looks like it will be a while until CNQ pulls through for me...let's hope they beat expectations on getting Horizon back up!

Greek one year government bond just went through 800%.

Just a friendly reminder that percentages are only as good as the currency and policies of the governments and countries backing it.

At the end of the day, you might just have a piece of paper that says "IOU $XXX at 800% interest" which in reality is redeemable for nothing of any real value.

Thank you Canada for at least backing one percent of the dollars with 7 grams of nickel.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by ZenOps
    At the end of the day, you might just have a piece of paper that says "IOU $XXX at 800% interest" which in reality is redeemable for nothing of any real value.
    Risk Premium. That's why people buy junk bonds. It's a gamble.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by msommers
    Bowood shot up today, so far...20% and the markets have been open 30minutes. I should have took the plunge instead of being a nancy.
    I believe the price is trading back where it had been before the pop...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah I noticed that, hoping it dips down a little bit more but might pick up a little now.

More talk of IAE hey
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Yea, IAE is back on the radar. I don't play the speculators game though.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I should say, I don't play the speculators game anymore....

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by davidI
    Anyone hearing anything on Novus? Up 8% since I recommended them but haven't seen any press releases.
    I'm gonna try to get some data; got a contact in Kindersley. Just rumor mill talk around a water cooler type stuff though. Doubt anything useful will come out of it as these guys drill the same wells over and over.

Question for you as you're watching them davidI: How many quarters in a row did they meet targets? I dumped last year when they missed. Am interested again but ONLY if they've got a few quarters of actual results being met. If they do, I'd value them at $1.28 today and up to $2.25 by year end. I'd say they need to average roughly 30boe/d/well to meet year end target, which should be easily doable. Their land isn't bad, their results aren't bad, but what's really impressive is they can drill, complete, and tie-in a well for $930K! That's pretty awesome. Just got two issues. They have $11 milion left in the credit facility and plan to spend another $10 million of it in their capital program. Not a big issue as I'm sure the their credit facility will expand with their reserve report. Other thing is just note worthy. Their PDP reserves (what I'm most interested in) only increased 23%. They don't press release this, but it's easy math. I'd be careful reading into the 83% total proved increase as a lot of this is likely just theoretical offset wells that don't exist yet. I'm liking again...

Disclaimer: Above is my opinion only, don't use it to invest.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.

My Ride
    G6

Not much of a bounce. I bought SNC today. I think the stock's gonna recover. They just "got their hands caught in the cookie jar" in my opinion. It's a gamble though...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

What other companies have had a similar situation happen to them? Would be interesting to see how/if they've bounced back. I was REALLY thinking about dumping a good portion of my DTX and putting it in SNC but I'm just not sure of what to think right now. I too gambled, with IAE though - wish I got in a little sooner but things are looking good!
    Ultracrepidarian

Should be just a bump in the road for SNC. They're a great buy at a huge discount it should be sold as a Groupon.
    Last edited by Manhattan; 03-01-2012 at 03:23 PM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Feruk

Question for you as you're watching them davidI: How many quarters in a row did they meet targets? I dumped last year when they missed. Am interested again but ONLY if they've got a few quarters of actual results being met. If they do, I'd value them at $1.28 today and up to $2.25 by year end. I'd say they need to average roughly 30boe/d/well to meet year end target, which should be easily doable. Their land isn't bad, their results aren't bad, but what's really impressive is they can drill, complete, and tie-in a well for $930K! That's pretty awesome. Just got two issues. They have $11 milion left in the credit facility and plan to spend another $10 million of it in their capital program. Not a big issue as I'm sure the their credit facility will expand with their reserve report. Other thing is just note worthy. Their PDP reserves (what I'm most interested in) only increased 23%. They don't press release this, but it's easy math. I'd be careful reading into the 83% total proved increase as a lot of this is likely just theoretical offset wells that don't exist yet. I'm liking again...

Unfortunately, I'm super busy with my dissertation right now so don't have a lot of time on this, but they did exceed their 2011 exit targets by 5% (Target 3000boed, Actual 3150).

As far as reserves go, if my memory serves me correctly, they haven't yet claimed reserves based on 16 well downspacing. If it is proven over the coming year that 16 well downspacing doesn't lead to much pressure loss or declines in offset wells, it could certainly enhance their takeout potential by a company that has the capital to hit their then 1200+ drilling locations. Once again, I don't have my research in front of me, but I think Sproule is booking downspaced Viking wells at 75% EUR. I'm jet-lagged and focused on my dissertation - so please do your own due diligence! I may be talking out of my ass at the moment....

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Oops, just noticed you mentioned PDP. Yes, that is a bit of a problem, but that's also why I see NVS as a potential take-out candidate. I think they're constrained in developing their reservees quickly enough. They currently have 600+ well locations (1200+ downspaced) which means they must have decent PUDs, and only drilled ~50 wells in 2011.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by msommers
    What other companies have had a similar situation happen to them?
    There was one that instantly comes to mind. Some big oil producer named BP that may have spilled a bit of oil into the Gulf.

yelp up 60% on debut, anyone got some?

Page 1158 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1148 1157 1158 1159 1168 ... LastLast