Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1161 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1161 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1151 1160 1161 1162 1171 ... LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,220 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

Originally posted by triplep
    It seems like you guys know your shit, I am wondering what you think of PCLN??
    Unless you have a ton of capital it isn't really worth it because you are risking everything on the success of one company.

Edit: I don't know my shit though, and don't look at companies like this...I only look at and invest in Energy companies

Anyone ever looked into RLE? I got in at ~.75

What a great company in my opinion. I wouldn't get in now as they have shot up here in the last month but definitely should throw it on your radar.

My Ride
    G6

It seems like you guys know your shit, I am wondering what you think of PCLN??
    Looks like trading at 32X last year's earnings. Looks like 12.4X book value. Grossly overvalued in my opinion. Plus I question how much money they can really make in this business with so much better completition.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Originally posted by Feruk

Looks like trading at 32X last year's earnings. Looks like 12.4X book value. Grossly overvalued in my opinion. Plus I question how much money they can really make in this business with so much better completition.

Wouldn't buy or sell the stock.. more so towards options on this one... I was looking at their financials, and I have NO IDEA how they make what they claim they make.... that is why I was curious... also, they don't have as many shares outstanding as the other companies, so that is why their price might be so jacked.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If something doesn't look right or feel right, just move on, lots of companies out there.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Originally posted by msommers
    If something doesn't look right or feel right, just move on, lots of companies out there.
    I'm looking for a black swan

My Ride
    G6

Wouldn't buy or sell the stock.. more so towards options on this one... I was looking at their financials, and I have NO IDEA how they make what they claim they make.... that is why I was curious... also, they don't have as many shares outstanding as the other companies, so that is why their price might be so jacked.
    I'm pretty inexperienced in options trading, so maybe someone else can speak to that. As for how they make what they claim to make, you'd have to go through the press release. Shares outstanding doesn't matter for book value or earnings multiple. Whether a company's got a million shares at $1 or 100K shares at $10 doesn't really matter as I'm looking at market cap. In my opinion, what you've found is a massively overvalued stock, not a black swan. There must be some upside I'm not seeing as for why it's trading so high, but I don't like to pay for upside when I buy a stock. I definitely wouldn't put my money long.

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Looks like if you bought DSCO you did great for yourself if you got out early this morning.

LOL well THAT was a piece of shit that I shouldn't have held... and still hold.. It was being absolutely raped by short sellers, and previous dilution. Look at todays volume! 24M in shares traded with a 100M cap?1?!? run like mad!

take my advice, don't buy that OVERPRICED pharma stock LOL

In fact, it went up 10% on an approval and would have gone down 90% on a decline.... it is not worth betting on the 1st place NHL team to win against the worst team, especially if you have vegas odds to win of 10:1

Let's just hope I can recoup my initial investment (and the other $3k that i invested in it at $4.36)

back to the general forums I go!!!

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Anyone ever looked into RLE? I got in at ~.75

What a great company in my opinion. I wouldn't get in now as they have shot up here in the last month but definitely should throw it on your radar.
    This was one of the O&GB recommendations...I expected it to be a bit of a pump and dump stock but with this latest news of their deal in the US it's definitely got growth potential. Nice work getting in at .75.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Feruk
    Anyone own any of the American investment corp companies? They all seem to pay a pretty good dividend (some sustainable, some not). Any thoughts on these? I'm looking at PNNT on the Nasdaq, but other ones that popped up on my list are TCAP, ARCC, SLRC, VGR.
    Anyone? Nobody's ever seen these names??

My Ride
    07 997TT

C'mon avl. Up $1500 and counting.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Haven't had much time for blog posts recently as I'm busy with my dissertation but I'm sitting in WSX, NVA, NVS & CNQ right now.

May look to pick up some RPT at 0.065 as a high risk speculative buy. Their CEO used to be my group's executive VP and he's a smart dude - worth rolling the dice on IMO.

Watching BWD closely as well. Their 'strategic review' sounds a lot like heading off bankruptcy to me, but it doesn't look like they're in too nasty of a bind yet so they may be able to make a lucrative deal. They have some pretty attractive assets for a bigger company looking to get into the AB Fairway IMO. Not buying at these levels...but could be another speculative buy at the righ price.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by davidI
    Haven't had much time for blog posts recently as I'm busy with my dissertation but I'm sitting in WSX, NVA, NVS & CNQ right now.

May look to pick up some RPT at 0.065 as a high risk speculative buy. Their CEO used to be my group's executive VP and he's a smart dude - worth rolling the dice on IMO.

Watching BWD closely as well. Their 'strategic review' sounds a lot like heading off bankruptcy to me, but it doesn't look like they're in too nasty of a bind yet so they may be able to make a lucrative deal. They have some pretty attractive assets for a bigger company looking to get into the AB Fairway IMO. Not buying at these levels...but could be another speculative buy at the righ price.
    Have you looked into REL yet? You should do that when you get some spare time.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by CMW403

Have you looked into REL yet? You should do that when you get some spare time.
    Had a quick look at the technicals. It's wedging out between the 50 & 200 day MA. May look to buy if it breaks out but need to review financials & operations first. CPG will continue looking to buy with shares while its stock is over-priced.

RSI is still high @ ~52.

Spikey volumes.

I could see Murphy Oil coming in and buying them out. Consolidate their land assets and continue to work with the local group that both have partnerships with.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by KappaSigma

I could see Murphy Oil coming in and buying them out. Consolidate their land assets and continue to work with the local group that both have partnerships with.
    Question then becomes - how desperate is Bowood? Will the deal provide a return or just help dig them out of a hole?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

I'm also holding this right now... Any theories on why this is happening other than the Horizon issues? It seems like every morning I look at it down >0.50 and it dampens my day.

Invicta Energy Corp (VCA) looks like it has some upside....

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by CMW403

I'm also holding this right now... Any theories on why this is happening other than the Horizon issues? It seems like every morning I look at it down >0.50 and it dampens my day.
    If you're in it for the short term, it's probably a bad trade. This time, next year, mark my words (unless a bear market sets in) you'll be a huge winner. I've got 700 shares into CNRL at these levels, which is a decent percentage of my portfolio. It's a good value buy. Trust me.

Page 1161 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1151 1160 1161 1162 1171 ... LastLast