Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1164 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1164 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1154 1163 1164 1165 1174 ... LastLast
Results 23,261 to 23,280 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

Originally posted by msommers
    Yeah my Bowood investment, thankfully not that much, is getting destroyed. Bought in at 0.155/share. Would be a fantastic time to put more in but I'm more skeptical than ever!
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I bought in at $0.46 and have ridden it into the ground. I made a decent return from BWD during the first run up in 2010, but foolishly bought back in last summer.

It's frustrating the way they've released their results on two AB Bakken wells. I still think they've got some real value in their land position, but the economics on the wells just aren't good, especially for a micro-cap like Bowood.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ouchy! I agree, a big reason I went into them was because I evaluated the geology and the reservoir to have very high potential - I still need to work on my economics side of things. Maybe a lesson learned but we'll see how it goes if they make until next drilling season.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Feruk

I don't "know", but I hear rumors and can make guesses. My best guess is Arcan Resources (ARN). They've got land in the Swan Hills play with Crescent Point offsetting. I own Arcan; great company. A more far fetched guess is Second Wave Petroleum (SCS). Same play, FAR crappier land position, looking at "strategic alternatives", but I think if they get bought out, it'll be someone else (Pengrowth maybe). I don't hold them right now and am not sure if I'll buy any. A takeover is priced in already IMO.
    Still haven't had a chance to look at Arcan but it's starting to look good on the charts.

Barrick Gold too.

I'm taking a stomping on CNQ right now but have faith it's going to come up. Wish I'd took my loss and then got back in lower, but I honestly expected it to bottom already...oh well, it was a long-term hold. Hopefully Q2 earnings breath some life back into it the company!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Any particular reason for the recent price drop in ARN?

I personally did some geological research for a neigboring O&G on SCS' Swan Hills play and it's not bad. I think their numbers are pretty inflated but overall still not terrible by any means. Paying for 3D seismic is a pretty strong indicator of their confidence levels in the play too.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    My two feet.

Looking for peoples thoughts on PBX.V. I've been watching them for a while now after I heard they were looking to position themselves for a sale. They seem to be pretty confident in their finds, but I'd like to get some other opinions. They've taken a plunge over the last 12 months and i'm thinking they may have finally found support at the .13-.14 mark. If they dip below that it could be lights out though...

Thoughts?
    Breathe Parkour Magazine

Parkour - Not just a lifestyle, it's the breath in our lungs

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by msommers
    Any particular reason for the recent price drop in ARN?
    My guess (and it's just that) is one of their potential buyers just got eliminated. Pengrowth bought out NAL instead of Arcan. I'm looking to increase my position as I think they're worth ~$6 today.

* Update, decided to add 50% more shares. We'll see how she rides.
    Last edited by Feruk; 03-26-2012 at 01:26 PM.

My Ride
    07 997TT

In PD at $9.78 (half position).
    I've played this stock 4-5x in the past 6 months.
    always been able to get 10-15% returrn.
    Will fill the rest of my position if it continues to drop.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Damn - hop on an airplane for 2 days of travel and lose $5k as the markets tumble. F*ck!!

Oh well, I'm still mostly in a cash position and there should be some nice buying opportunities ahead.

Keep thinking it's a good opportunity to buy and I just end up deeper in the hole. LOL

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Keep thinking it's a good opportunity to buy and I just end up deeper in the hole. LOL
    Don't try to pick the bottom. Wait until you see the trend reverse and the charts give a few days of up-trend (easier said than done)!

Originally posted by dimi
    Maybe I jumped too soon, but I still think 33.7X/32.2X for CNQ/SU is pretty decent. We'll wait and see.

Well I'm holding on, that's for sure.

My Ride
    07 997TT

nice rebound day for SMF, DGC and PD. I hope this lasts into beginning of next week.

NPK not doing so good. Oh well.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

LSG is shitting the bed lately and I can't figure out why. Although Barrick has been slipping too.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

CNQ will probably get a nice bump tomorrow. Markin resigned.

What's the story behind Markin? It's down like everything else today.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by davidI

Posted it. I think it will be possible to sell around $47 but we'll see what happens. http://tsxtrader.com/the-daily-trade...-cpg-20120319/

The market is sort of freaking me out lately. I don't know why...just seems like the US Markets have been running a little too hard. I'm not looking to sell yet, but am going to focus on value buys and keep my eye on things - possibly set some mental stops.

http://www.wavaholic.com/search/label/SPX

Biggest thing for me is to keep some money in the market. I've missed too many gains waiting on the sidelines in the past.
    Did you get out last week? I held and I'm regretting it.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by CMW403

Did you get out last week? I held and I'm regretting it.
    60-70% of my portfolio is cash. Sitting on CNQ, CPG, NVA, NVS, RRX, and RPT right now. Not the best positions given what's happening with energy but they're all long-term 'value' and 'growth' holds (except CPG, which I do plan to exit) so I expected some bumps.

I've been so swamped with my dissertation I really haven't had a time to run my usual charts and adjust stops, so I'm just along for the ride at the moment. I should have this beast of a mother fucking paper in next week (page 93 now!) and will get back to updating my blog with charts and updates. The next week is going to be interesting. $TSX and $SPX have not trended together at all. $SPX closed below 1400 and beneath its 5 month trendline - both nasty technical indicators.

People have been buying on the dips though, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Manhattan
    What's the story behind Markin? It's down like everything else today.
    Looked market neutral. Obviously the market didn't hate him as much as they hated Marvin (Nexen's former CEO - NXY got a 10% bump when he was canned).

CNQ still looks oversold. RSI is still low. Hopefully it's found a bottom around $32. Looks like there will be a death cross on the 50 day / 200 day MA. I'm already sitting on 700 shares so I probably won't be looking to pick up more until there is a better macro picture - plus the old adage 'sell in may and go away' may hold true this year so I want to limit my positions if there is a sell-off. A lot of people may look to profit-take after this great 6-month run.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Originally posted by davidI

60-70% of my portfolio is cash. Sitting on CNQ, CPG, NVA, NVS, RRX, and RPT right now. Not the best positions given what's happening with energy but they're all long-term 'value' and 'growth' holds (except CPG, which I do plan to exit) so I expected some bumps.

I've been so swamped with my dissertation I really haven't had a time to run my usual charts and adjust stops, so I'm just along for the ride at the moment. I should have this beast of a mother fucking paper in next week (page 93 now!) and will get back to updating my blog with charts and updates. The next week is going to be interesting. $TSX and $SPX have not trended together at all. $SPX closed below 1400 and beneath its 5 month trendline - both nasty technical indicators.

People have been buying on the dips though, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
    Why go with CPG when PWT offers similar dividend rate? Since you went with growth route, what's your quick say on PWT vs. CPG or other og growth companies?

My Ride
    ////M

What do you guys think of ARX?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

Page 1164 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1154 1163 1164 1165 1174 ... LastLast